kai_desu

Show Your Music Player!

ooooh, that looks good....I need to switch off of iTunes lol

Basically this. I've been thinking of switching to foobar for a long time, but the more I procrastinate, the more music I'll amass, and the longer it'll take me :'( As things stand it'll probably take me a few weeks to set foobar up and get it reasonably organized ><

Just checked to see if there was any info on what is in store for JAM v1.2 and saw that he is working on making the collection tab a whole lot better among other things, he teased this image...

21azfbk.png

God that looks so good compared to what we have now... I'm stoked.

I need help! so I made the switch to the Jam skin and now I can't see my music library. This was also a problem when I was using the default skin except I somehow got my entire library onto one playlist (is this what everyone does?) and I just kept it that way. Then after I installed this skin my library playlist was empty?

I need help! so I made the switch to the Jam skin and now I can't see my music library. This was also a problem when I was using the default skin except I somehow got my entire library onto one playlist (is this what everyone does?) and I just kept it that way. Then after I installed this skin my library playlist was empty?

You should be able to see all the folders your music is in and drag your music onto a playlists whenever you want. I don't use custom skins, just the default but with an added musical spectrum. Maybe uninstall current skin and change to a default layout, then install the skin again.

You should be able to see all the folders your music is in and drag your music onto a playlists whenever you want. I don't use custom skins, just the default but with an added musical spectrum. Maybe uninstall current skin and change to a default layout, then install the skin again.

okay I just dragged my entire music folder into one playlist. does this mean that now whenever I update my music folder with new music, foobar will automatically reflect that?

and omg can Jam v1.2 come any faster? the current layout is pretty, but damn is it a pain in the ass to navigate without any scroll bars.

Nope, unless you add your music folder to the music library.

2evvlah.png

oh if you haven't posted I wouldn't have known there was a newer version of foobar.  That makes more sense in the update, the previous one didn't have it.

okay I just dragged my entire music folder into one playlist. does this mean that now whenever I update my music folder with new music, foobar will automatically reflect that?

and omg can Jam v1.2 come any faster? the current layout is pretty, but damn is it a pain in the ass to navigate without any scroll bars.

You can have multiple playlists, I see no reason to have all your music into just one.

FYI I have heard problems where large playlist can lose info and not play a song. Where the person did what you did and put all his music into one playlist. Not sure why, my guess is cache shortages.

omg v 1.2 is so pretty :') I don't really care for the option to switch between version 1.1 and 1.2 tho. hopefully we'll see scollbars in a future update...

mGvpes7.png

QchprGg.jpg

omg v 1.2 is so pretty :') I don't really care for the option to switch between version 1.1 and 1.2 tho. hopefully we'll see scollbars in a future update...

mGvpes7.png

Can someone tell me how do I make my foobar look that good???

^ It's easy go over here: http://flipout69.deviantart.com/art/JAM-v1-2-407758948 and download the zip file and then extract it. There will be a pdf. file with instructions on how to install it and get it up and working.

Seriously though it's so easy, I installed it within 5 minutes and then took only another 10 minutes for me to get it configured correctly. if you need any help feel free to PM me about it :)

lol, you guys have your foobars really cluttered, here's mine:

FQa7TDQ.jpg?1

I just like keeping my things simple ;p. That's what I like my foobar for, just the playlist, no clutter.

^ That's surprising because actually your foobar looks more "cluttered". Cluttered to me means unorganized, you can clearly see which is more organized comparing your foobar and say my foobar a few pages back.

and btw JAM is probably one of the most simplistic and minimalistic foobar skins I've seen in a long time so...

My playlist are cluttered, yes, but it's my mess and I see the order in it :D. I meant the skin, it's very simple and there aren't many details in it. Just the tabs with playlists and the lists of the songs on the playlists. To me cluttered is: too many features. If you say this about my foobar, maybe it's better if you don't imagine what my download folder looks like :P.

Your skin... I just don't like it. There are too many icons, I also don't have to look at the CD covers on my playlist, I listen to my music when I'm doing something else anyway.

Finally finished touching up the look of my foobar during the holiday break, too random before lol. I don't really like looking at cover art myself or still pictures for too long similarly. I keep mine more utilitarian, only thing I needed to add was a proper musical spectrum.

rutSXT3.png

I've finally switched over to foobar!! :D  Here's a screenie, I used centered strings for the song info in "Now Playing", which looks a lot neater imo :3

03rw.jpg

not foobar but heres my skinned itunes

boom.jpg

Whoa that looks cool! I have the most recent iTunes version, but where did you get your skins?