Velovelo

Truly crappy Western "visual kei" inspired music

OH MAN. Invidie ... I feel the musicians had some potential, but it felt rushed... like they couldn't keep up with the shredding man, but I was like "Just get in tempo get in tempo" then the singing started and all hope from there went south. T______T

That second one had some cool parts, but that band name... Pathetic Poupée? I know it's French but it sounds so ridiculous. Kind of like "Pathetic Toupee."

The guitars in the Invidie song are so out of control. That shredding needs some work...

Am I the only person here to think that V.K should only be a japanese thing because they do it so well? Its like being a weeaboo, a few people do it great where as the majority are just bad and get hated on but everyone.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be like your idols though. though when you enter V.K you need a whole lot of stuff, not just talent and skill and it seems that Westerners arent born with the same 'ear' or the same creativity as Japan,

Thats not to say that there arent any great or good western bands - there are millions. but for a western band to try and do V.K it just makes me cringe so bad inside.

Ive only listened to seremedy, even though the production and mixing of their album/singles were perfect (thanks to Yohio's dad/contacts) but I fail to really see what was so great about them, I didnt like the vocals and I dont think very highly of Yohio even though id go as far to say id bang him when hes dressed like a girl but hes trying so hard to be Hizaki I rather then trying to be more original that i find him boring and rather spoilt as the studio and all the contacts that are pushing him onwards in the industry are his dads.

Leave V,K to Japan!!

Like I said (though I disagree with the statement) if they're not from Japan or Japanese they automatically suck. There was a local band named lucid in Southern California where I used to live. They sounded so bad so terrible! The vocalist struggle to stay in key when he did sing hurt my ears. But a lot of people showed up to their lives but not to vk influenced bands that sounded really good actually. In fact lucid was even put up for download on some really popular blogspot, and I don't think people realized they were located in America.

I actually thought Lucid was a half-decent bad Unsraw rip-off which itself is a tremendous step forward for Western VK, but then again the singer seems to only speak Japanese. Instrumentally they were doing more things right than any Scandinavian piece of shit vk band has ever done. And I love the singer :'D This I realise might not be everyone's thing because the performance is rough as fuck and a little bit campy perhaps, but I thought he had more charm than any other western vk vocalist thus far. Shame that they went to hiatus and the singer has moved to Japan as well iirc

haha, i like LuCiD too :'D and MUD's pv is kinda great? anyway, i've expected some catchy songs from them and was really disappointed about disbandment :/

There's plenty of local bands in California that has the same sound as them and they were never recognized either though

So, what do you guys think of this:

The song is Nostalgia by Sleep My dear

I'm the one who sings though I don't really consider myself as a singer for obvious reasons *lol*
I want to know what do you guys think so, we can get better :3

If you didn't liked INVIDIE because of their vocalist, give a try with my voice...I changed the vocal line (with their ok), we'll be very pleased ^^

Oh jeez, that article? Really?? Hahaha I forgot all about that. I didn't know it was Kiwamu rumored to be the one that was interviewed but it wouldn't surprise me if it was him.

Wait how could he be an executive in the 90s when back in the 90s was he even in a band or even taking part in the VK scene? Or was he in just a bunch of shitty sinking ship indie bands like Blue Berry before forming the clusterfuck that was BLOOD? Wait the fuck I don't even care...

@Umi_Niwa

Anyway, it's just pretty poor discussion to post a vague one liner with no backing to explain your reason and then the only defense is a link to an old and debunked article.