lichtlune

What are your top 10 current visual kei bands?

Active bands:

1. LUNA SEA

2. NoGoD

3. Plastic Tree

4. Creature Creature

5. THE KIDDIE

6. Moran

7. 東京ヒーローズ

8. amber gris

9. DIMMDIVISION.

10. DISH

10 and active? whoa...

already mentioned these first 3 in the non-vk but actually putting them here since i guess the general consens is they're still VK (no particular order otherwise)

1. Dir En Grey

2. Sex Machineguns

3. Miyavi

4. MUCC

5. Gazette

6. Girugämesh (don't listen to them anymore, but years ago i think i used to like them, does that count? running out of bands here...)

7. Lynch (occasionally, don't know if i actually got an album of them tho)

8. Deathgaze

9. ...

Yeah, that's about it. with old/disbanded ones i'd have scored a few more but still not too much i guess. and in this list numer 5-8 don't really count either :P

1. d

2. glam grammar

3. royz

4. unite.

5. wing works

6. fest vainqueur

7. the gazette

8. vistlip

9. the kiddie

10. lm.c

i would have added versailles and sug but their on hiatus right now.

I just updated my top 10 list:

1 - MEJIBRAY

2 - Royz

3 - カメレオ

4 - Called≠Plan

5 - Xepher

6 - LUCHe.

7 - Diaura

8 - LOST ASH

9 - DIV

10 - Avidit.

MMine's a lot like Jduv86. Mine isn't shown in order, I'm just naming the Top 10 bands that don't disappoint me

1. A

2. Alice Nine

3. Daizystripper (Since I started following j-music in 2010 and their double album release, they haven't released anything that I haven't liked)

4. GALEYD

5. The GazettE

6. THE KIDDIE

7. NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST

8. Royz

9. UNiTE

10. Vistlip

I really wanted to add Matenrou Opera but these beat them out, and girugamesh but i'm not sure if they are still considered VK, and Jupiter but not yet.

Although vk itself is gonna die soon and will be replaced with "visual" scene (note: "visual" has a little do with "visual kei" - you'd say it's basically Japan's emulation of emo/pop boyband looks)

There are some active acts to mention:

1) the GazettE (downhill or not, idc)

2) Alice Nine

3) Merry

4) D

5) Creature Creature

6) 9Goats Black Out (disbanded but w/e)

7) SID

8) Acid Black Cherry

9) CaliGari

10) Grieva

Note: I don't take "bands that WERE vk" into account due to the most obvious fact: okay, yes, they will still have a "vk" tag due to "tag reasons" whatsoever (DEG, BT...Penicillin)

But they have matured to the point where you could say they are just ~stylish~ these days (definitely looking forward to your definitions/explanations to "WHY LUNA SEA IS STILL BEING CALLED VK NOW?" 

There's a huge difference in between "IS" and "WAS", folks. MFW Shine and Lunacy are suddenly "vk albums", hahahahalol.

Just wait for a few years and  I will take Merry, SID and ABC out of the list - "maturing", you know.

Hang on you guys, my last post was a lie. THESE are my top ten VK bands.  :ph34r:

1.Mejibray

2.Matenrou Opera

3.Alice Nine

4.Lycaon

5.Born

6.Screw

7.SUG

8.D

9.Megaromania

10.Nightmare

*le cough*

I'm back!

This time I've organized my list via the data I got from Normalisr. Normalisr is a service that identifies artists in your last.fm library and orders a new list based on the amount of time spent listening to each artist. Some may claim this is more accurate because it takes into account time and not just amount of tracks. Some may say it's less accurate because last.fm doesn't always have the correct track time. I'm just going to list them.

1. the GazettE

2. lynch.

3. A

4. Lycaon

5. 12012

6. um...Normalisr ran out of artists

Clearly I don't listen to a lot of current visual kei. Clearly.

This is also partly a limitation within Normalisr, who can only recognize artists if they're also in the Musicbrainz library. Since most of VK isn't...there you go.

Does it have to be bands that are not on hiatus/disbanded? 

This'll be pretty difficult, then.

Wellllll....they aren't in any particular order but here we go haha

1. Grieva - cannot describe my love for them tbh Kikei, and Kodoku Ningyou Shoukogun got me hooked instantly. Although, they should really stop with these Diru rip offs.

2. SEX-ANDROID - Well i guess people just see them as angura but w/e. Yu-dai is pretty much my hugest bias :3 To-ru and Junro are really talented musicians, also. Ive been pretty addicted to their newest releases, as well as their old ones. Humanity's Story and Genkaku Maimu are really solid. perfect psychobilly band tbh

3. Ru : natic - Love them :3  Vocalist reminds me of Kyouka, big time. It's great either way.

4. Umbrella - Perfect vocals, perfect music, perfect everything. Another vocalist whose voice is absolutely mesmerizing. 

5. Plastic Tree - Really cannot cannot cannot describe the undying love for them. Ryutarou's voice puts me to sleep in the most perfect ways. Akira is one of the best guitarists ive heard tbh. And apparently, Pura doesn't consider themselves vk? Eithee way, im putting them on this list.

6. Elektel Shiki - I know they're going on hiatus very soon but they deserve to be on this list lol. Elektel Shiki is literally, so terrible, they are amazing. Kuromitsu has such a horrendous voice, i love it.

7. Hyper Pocket - Ive been in love with Nobita's works since i was little, so naturally, Hyper Pocket is one of my loves.

8. Cali Gari - All of Ao's works are really nice. Cali Gari music, pairs really nicely with Shuuji' voice. I'd much rather listen to their older works like, Yuganda Kagami or Fuyu No Hi. 

9. Inugami Circus Dan - Another band ive loved since i was little. They're a pretty solid band. :3

10. THE PIASS - I havent heard about them releasing anything at the moment. The Piass is just great. Takayuki is soooo talented. All of their releases, ive been incredibly happy with.

If Eiji was still active, his bands would definitely be on that list lol. Same goes with a lot of oldschool/kote bands. :love:

1. THE KIDDIE

2. DIV

3. UNiTE

4. ★NOハウス

5. Glam Grammar

6. 12012 (except for that weird mix tape cover album they did where they also butchered three awesome old songs and made that pulpy weird crap knock offs of popular bands' styles. But the recent release was ok.)

7. Kagrra,

8. Alice Nine

9. Dir en Grey

10. Boogieman

Oh fuck man.... this is so hard.

Just gonna put down what comes to mind first...

1. DIAURA
  2. Lynch.
  3. SID
  4. MUCC
  5. THE KIDDIE (i really prefered Kazoku but this works)
  6. LuLu (still prefer the original lineup...)
  7. xTRiPx
  8. NoGod
  9. DangerGang
  10. Awoi
  11. (honorable mention) 12012

wow this list is shit tbh.

but all of the bands I loved disbanded eons ago...

i.e. KuRT, DELUHI, 176biz, CELLT, LAM, Ghost, Codomo A, The pumpkin head, etc etc.

FUCK MAN.

Most of the bands I currently have on repeat, are not VK bands (like Lost in reverie, Undead Corporation and such)

1. D.I.D Akane is amazing.
2. Sel'm have been growing on me since their new vocalist, far more than I would have thought.
3. グリーヴァ They're fresh, they're good, nothing to dislike.
4. Crimson Shiva No comment, just love them.
5. Dahliagate Jun's vocals are amazing, and Sakura's compositions are very solid
6. D'uAl They rock, simply put.
7. DIAURA Yo-ka is doing a fairly good job here, very pleasing
8. Cat fisT I don't find their newest singles too interesting, but anything else have been above the usual standard
9. アヲイ Otogi's voice is just love, there's so much to like about them.
10. LiLiCAL Pretty interesting music, good vocals and worth a listen. (Including what they released as Jills Blue Roses)

My VK collection has shrunken considerably, but here we go (mostly random order):

1. BUCK-TICK (I mean, they're not ACTUALLY really VK but they're one of the founding fathers so I'm counting them in anyway)

2. Alice Nine

3. A

4. 9GOATS BLACK OUT (disbanded, but eh,  they count)

5. LUNA SEA

6. Kagrra, (also disbanded, but otherwise I'll never complete this list lol)

7. lynch. (I also named them in the non-VK thread, but they're a bit in-between for me)

8. DEAD END

9. Plastic Tree

10. Versailles (though on hiatus)

Most of these are VK/Metal bands:

1. CodeRebith (can't go wrong with these guys)

2. 12012 (especially since their latest release "Deicida of Silence")

3. -OZ-

4. Nocturnal Bloodlust

5. D'espairsRay (miss them TT_TT )

6. Kagrra, (miss them also TT___TT)

7. Signal (gonna miss them TT_______TT)

8. DELUHI (do I need to say it?)

9. GACKT (not a band,but he's really awesome)

10. Amber Gris (really underrated,this band deserves more fame)

My List of more Recent and Newer Bands I Like. .

1. La'Veil MizeriA 

2. Ru:Natic

3. BUG Scream

4. Kiryu 己龍

5. Crucifixion . . . †

6. AvelCain

7. JyuLie

8. CELL

9. VAMPIRE ROSE 

10. GRIEVA

NOT IN ORDER!

Not in order ^^

1. Velvet Eden

2. Buck-Tick

3. D

4. Yuko Suzuhana and Wagakki band

5. Moi Dix Mois

6. Kaya

7. Hora

8. The Velvet

9. Art Cube

10. ZIZ

I'm highly recomending Yuko Suzuhana and Wagakki band to everyone who enjoys traditional japanese music! The band mixes koto, shamisen etc with modern instruments like electric guitar, really epic :3 also Yuko's voice fits the music perfectly, with a tiny touch of enka.

Top 10 visual and still active... that is hard. lol Let's see. Some of the bands may be questionable as far as being vk or not but if they're "fringe" vk I'm gonna still count them.

1. MUCC

2. BUCK-TICK 

3. DIV

4. ギルガメッシュ

5. NoGoD

6. DADAROMA

7. ザアザア

8. Develop One's Faculties

9. JILUKA

10. SCAPEGOAT

Okay this is a lot harder than I thought. The entire second half is just vk bands I like extremely recently... But ah well. 

Y u bringing these threads back from da dead doe?

My Current Top 10  (No Order)

the GazettE

Defspiral

Lynch.

KEEL

Kiryu

Arlequin

D

JILUKA

SCREW

Girugamesh

the gallo

kiryu

Only active bands? In no particular order:

Develop One's Faculties

MUCC

DIV

SuG (?)

BAROQUE (?)

WING WORKS

Megamasso

UNiTE.

XENON (Not disbanded yet!!!!!!!!!!! Still counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Shounenki (The saaaaaaaaaame)

(Not disbanded yet!!!!!!!!!!! Still counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(The saaaaaaaaaame)

:thumbs: