nullmoon

"Monster Reborn!"

Ok so I was just wondering, if you guys could revive any VK band, who would it be and why?

Personally I would love for Rentrer En Soi and Siva to come back; they're both really special bands that were finding their sound just before disbanding. For me, Satsuki now sucks balls so it would be a nice change to see him go back to where he belongs! The same goes for Cell from Siva; his bass playing is incredible and yet now he's in SIKA-BAMBI?!

There are of course tons of others but these stick out to me right now :)

How about you guys? :3

I SUMMON DELUHI FROM THE GRAVEYARD!

MonsterRebornSYE-NA-C-1E.jpg

That's how this works, right? I'm eagerly awaiting the reunion topic Trombe. Don't let me down :)

Madeth gray'll

Shit son, I don't even need the band back. Just Yukina (and I guess Hisui) since they wrote most of the songs anyway. They can just come back as ghost writers and just write. Just something that can capture that atmosphere and style because Madeth was really one cool and unique band that really created a sound all their own.

Aliene Ma'riage

Oh come on Kyouka, you're still living in the past so just stop doing whatever you're doing to cause all your bands to fall apart and just reform Aliene. You know you want to do it LOL. Aliene like Madeth certainly built a style, sound and atmosphere all their own. However honestly, perhaps it was a good thing Aliene fell apart because I suspect that they were probably running out of steam towards the end. Could they really be able to keep up their chaotic and maniac style for long term? So perhaps come back but not as Aliene because I think returning as Aliene may end up being a let down. OMG I DONT THINK IM DOING THIS TOPIC SUBJECT RIGHT :C

Eliphas Levi and Deshabillz

Basically just tossing them together but they have excellent songs so basically I would be more interested in the main composers coming back and recreate that style and sound. Rest of the members are interchangeable. 

La'Mule

OH WAIT :U

Anyway, another question to ask is even if these bands came back. Could they really recreate the style and sound that we all loved about them? Will they end up like Lin, some funky and bad Phantasmagoria reboot that just left people disappointed (is egged by Lin fans).

Dio - Distraught Overlord: not because they're that great but because i personally believe they left unfinished and had so much more potential to be shown especially with an actual quality well put together album not the crap that was "Dictator".

Earl Grey: Basically the same reason as dio

UnsraW: Again... unfinished and not even a last pv.

Lareine: One of my top bands of all time enough said!

I'd probably reborn all my favorite past artists if i could but if had to pick only one I'd say dio... i just personally believe they could have been one of the best visual kei bands ever but they weren't of course not at all.

Color - I just have a feeling the world would be a much better place filled with their wonderful sounds if they came back together. If Marry (R.I.P.) could come back to life that would be awesome too. 

I'd sell my soul to satan for Madeth Gray'll to revive.

Like Arithmetika said- Yukina and Hisui (my favorite ever vocalist) created an amazing atmosphere in their songs. Among tons of indies bands with a similar style as them they still stand alone.

Although a revival would destroy their mysterious aura I guess.

I'd also love to see any kind of La'Mule revival that involves Isuke because he was their main composer and  CELL won't ever be able to make songs like Knife, Sterilization, Curse, Berlin, Inspire... and about any other famous La'Mule number as they were all written by him.

And I'd love to see a Revival of original (as in before Shun and Giru joined) Vidoll one day, because they were perfect. There is no song from their first 3 years that I don't love to pieces and I'd give a lot to hear those songs played life again.

Well. There are a few more monsters but those are my top 3.

edit: It seems like all my favorite bands are made of a great-bassist-who-is-also-the-main-composer and charismatic-vocalist-with-unique-voice combination.

Agreeing with Altermalice on Earl Grey. Probably one of the better bands on ETERNAL (even though their last single was oshare~ish).

Also would like to see most of Yayoi's band to revive, La'miss fairy or ANGEL+DUST preferably but any band would be fine.

I guess also some EXTASY bands with the old school vk sound such as ZI:KILL, Gilles de Rais etc~

Then ofcourse Kamaitachi, COLOR, and who could forget Sleep my dear!

To put it simple: there's many, lol.

Oh there's quite a few, but honestly, I have to say Zodia.  Just because I want to see what they could become if they hadn't broken up so quickly.  They sounded so fresh and awesome when they hit the scene and then BAM! gone.

Guest mitsubana

Oh there's quite a few, but honestly, I have to say Zodia.  Just because I want to see what they could become if they hadn't broken up so quickly.  They sounded so fresh and awesome when they hit the scene and then BAM! gone.

This!! ^

Well, the others already have meantioned the bands I liked to be revived, such as Madeth gray'll, Aliene Ma'riage, La'Mule, Eliphas Levi.

I also add these:

Metis Gretel- really awesome group. Megaromania developed into their very own band and they weren't bad, but not comparable to Metis Gretel in any way. From all the Kote bands of the last years these guys probably were the best. They did some really awesome, original, yet familiar (because old school inspired) sounding songs.

Kagerou- One of these bands that will never come back again because of an important member being dead. I loved Daisuke's voice... he was an outstanding personality and his death is really a big loss for the visual kei scene. I really really miss him and this band :/ Someone please invent resurrection technology, please.

Malice Mizer- Considering they are on an indefinite hiatus, they may have a chance to come back. I'd hope at least this will happen one day. And hopefuly they can also bring back Klaha. What is this guy actually doing (is he even alive)?

Syndrome- because they are my fav Kisaki band. Maybe MIRAGE too. But in my opinion Syndrome was way more interesting than Phantasmagoria and I just simply like Tatsuya (and wish he would just stop being part of the bands he was last seen... seriously boy, come back to your roots). I doubt this will happen though with Ken being in Merry and Ruiza in D...

Merry Go Round- Legendary Nagoya kei. I simply love their music. Can't even explain why, but that is just the type of Nagoya kei that should become popular today. I think groups like emmurée come already pretty close to that sound, but I still wish the original to rise from the grave.

Phobia- The other type of awesome old Nagoya music I enjoy. And Kisui's hysterical singing is unique. I can't really find anyone else in visual kei who sounds like him. At least his solo project should be revived.

And then there are possibly more (Lamina, Laputa, Pierrot...). I am afraid all good japanese bands are doomed to disband. At least we still have Buck-Tick and Luna Sea.

Crack Brain

My favorite v-kei band bar nun. Fast and loud song writing that doesn't sacrifice musicality and doesn't go overboard with medley. Also their live performances look stellar. Shame they disbanded, it was like 90% perfect. Worst part about the band is that the only more elusive task than finding their music is finding live footage. Doesn't help that they made a lot of it either.

I don't know if I'd want all of Madeth Gray'll to reunite but Hisui and Yukina getting back together would be great. I'd jus rather they make music that has more guitar work.