Trombe

TRUST will conditionally disband

I have no idea who this band is or what they are all about. Of course, this might just be a publicity stunt for all I know. But it seems just as likely that it's what Champ said - a direct way of assessing how many "fans" out there take your band seriously. I don't see why this isn't a legit way to do just that.

Either way, I'll never say stuff like "Dang, I hope they disband". This might be an insanely unpopular opinion - but I really really hate to see bands disband (even as I know how frequent those stuff happen in the scene). Personally I'd rather invest my time/energy into supporting bands I like, instead of fervently praying for bands I don't like to disappear asap.

I have no idea who this band is or what they are all about. Of course, this might just be a publicity stunt for all I know. But it seems just as likely that it's what Champ said - a direct way of assessing how many "fans" out there take your band seriously. I don't see why this isn't a legit way to do just that.

Or you can just count how many tickets you sell for your concerts and take the average. That would take you a few minutes and you'd have a more statistically relevant figure to work with. Enticing people to show up to one live with the threat of "disbandment" only gives you the maximum amount of fans that you have willing and able to show up on a particular date, which may or may not be the maximum amount of fans you have, and which you may or may not be able to guesstimate by counting how many CDs you've sold. Point is, there's no relevant information any band could get by making this kind of announcement. And if they're at the point where they're pulling this stunt, then they have a rough estimate for fan attendance and for whatever reason it isn't enough. This isn't a matter of wanting a band to disband or not. It's that TRUST made an ultimatum and then didn't follow through with it because they weren't ready to suffer the consequences. Clearly, less than 400 people in Japan came to see this band. TRUST said they would disband if not enough people came. Not enough people came and now they won't? Then clearly, the situation wasn't that serious in the first place!

So then TRUST, wtf are you doing?

To be fair, I haven't seen any official announcement that they won't disband. I took a cursory look at the members' blogs and some of their latest entries sound as if the band's gonna disband anytime o.0 We'll see.

I still stand by my point though. If I'm a TRUST fan, I would not want them to disband. If I'm not a fan, I don't care. They can continue, or disband, or change their sex and join Golden Bomber - I simply don't care. Lots of bands have probably questioned if they truly wanted to continue at various points in time (with or without publicizing it), it's all part and parcel of the scene. *shrug*

i don't like blackmail. even if i liked the band, this is a reason to never listen to them again.except maybe if their music is amazing but in this case it just sucks.
are you fucking blackmailing me?

i don't undertand how fans are so stupid to keep supporting a band that just blackmailed them and
then maybe even show how ridiculous/pathetic of people they are for making empty threats.and fake promises.
but then again not the first time i have seen how stupid vkei fans are so willing to do anything and degrade themselves or be taken advantage of.

(above fans don't take this personally. i am talking generally)

Just FYI, it could have been their label. Their manager is kind of an asshole, so I wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with him, rather than the band itself coming up with this idea. It seems more like  the band wants to push on, but the management has them by the throat. 

I didn't know the band. I just listened to a song of theirs called False Memory... :?

I wonder why it is so hard for them when basically they sound like most today's "VK" bands. Except they sound more indies but not that different than most bands these days. They should get an average success I suppose...

And they look cute. They should have a bunch of teen girls shouting KAWAIIIIIII!!!! :lulzz: 

I didn't know the band. I just listened to a song of theirs called False Memory... :?

I wonder why it is so hard for them when basically they sound like most today's "VK" bands. Except they sound more indies but not that different than most bands these days. They should get an average success I suppose...

And they look cute. They should have a bunch of teen girls shouting KAWAIIIIIII!!!! :lulzz:

You just answered your own question. They have trouble standing out. Too many bands do the same thing they do. Somebody's band is bound to go unnoticed.

I didn't like their music at all, but it's sad to see how business makes you go for such shady methods to basically force fans to buy tickets. Sounds like their manager/label did this, I agree. VK musicians are being milked for all they're worth, and it's been like this for ages.

I didn't like their music at all, but it's sad to see how business makes you go for such shady methods to basically force fans to buy tickets. Sounds like their manager/label did this, I agree. VK musicians are being milked for all they're worth, and it's been like this for ages.

Yeah it has always been like that. I've always wished there could be more transparency but unfortunately there's precious little of that possibility. Heck, even major artists are forced to play by the label's terms, unless they're someone "big" enough to the extent that the label stands to lose a great deal by dropping them. (In particular I'm reminded of an episode in 2010 where Utada Hikaru implored her fans to NOT buy the "best-of album" her label insisted on releasing because it was against her own wishes)

Gt.Naoya will retire for musical activities after their last 2-day one-man live "全てへのT-LASTへ(subete e no T-LAST e)" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2014/03/24 and at Shibuya duo MUSIC EXCHANGE at 2014/03/25

btw they will hold 5 one-man live at Ikebukuro CYBER produced by their members as follows:

2014/01/30 - 朱(syu)-produce
2014/02/06 - Naoya-produce
2014/02/12 - 真new(manew)-produce
2014/02/18 - 龍(higiri)-produce
2014/02/26 - ゆあ(yua)-produce

their member comments on their produce one-man live could be watched through YouTube

for info only, previous conditional disbandment and results (all successfully NOT disband except TRUST):

2011/04/02 - phase faith: 207 (requiring 200)
2013/01/19 - RoViN: specific no.
2013/03/26 - クレパス(craypas): ticket sold out
2013/11/01 - dr.tarantula: 102 (requiring 100)