Rize

What Asian dramas are you currently watching?

No one mentioned 'Secret Garden'? Sheesh.

Latest atm favorites so far (no, nothing new here tbqh, zzz):

Secret Garden (obv)

Me Too, Flower! (main actor-wise totally superior to "Flower Boy  Next Door")

Myung Wol the Spy (tacky concept but main actress is just unf)

I really feel saddened in terms of J-dramas, considering that I ditched most of them right after a few episodes (say, Shitsuren Chocolatier or much earlier "Itazura Na Kiss - Love in Tokyo" for eg. (I had high hopes for those two)) - any proper J-dorama recommendations WITHOUT ANY TIES to manga/anime genre pls?

Recently God's Quiz drama got back with Season 4! * o * )

One of my big recommendations to check it out!

photo432307.jpg

Of course, if you haven't seen the first few seasons yet, you better start watching it! It's really worth!

Discovering diseases, solving cases and there's always a bit of comedy in it. :3

Some comedy K-drama: Flower Grandpa investigation Team

HalbaeInvestigation1.jpg

It's about 3 detectives who suddenly turned into old grandpa's and have to find their way to turn back to their younger selfs.

Started Trot Lovers today. Super impressed by Jung Euji, I liked her in Reply 1997 and I think this drama is a good transition from high school girl to a young adult role. Plus I get to hear her singing and listen to some trot. I am kind of intrigued by that genre which seems to be unique to Korea.

Recently God's Quiz drama got back with Season 4! * o * )

One of my big recommendations to check it out!

Of course, if you haven't seen the first few seasons yet, you better start watching it! It's really worth!

Discovering diseases, solving cases and there's always a bit of comedy in it. :3

I looooove God's Quiz. Main guy is my favorite Korean actor. I'm really sad he doesn't really get any big roles though. He's so good.

Some new dramas getting aired now.

Really recommending Fated to love you

Fated-to-Love-You-03.jpg

Marriage not dating

MarriageNotDating25.jpg

It's okay, it's love

yb1d2qF.jpg

With Giraffe Lee Kwang Soo starring in this drama :P

It's okay, it's love

yb1d2qF.jpg

With Giraffe Lee Kwang Soo starring in this drama :P

For a sec there, I thought that was Kwang Soo and he is to be the lead. Unfortunately just a co-star. Will try it though once I find some subs for it.

Started Saikou No Rikon yesterday. Quite entertaining show.

I'll probably start Osozaki No Himawari soon, too.

Recommending Hi! School Love On!

High_School_-_Love_OnKBS22014.jpg

And Gackt's new drama ''Time Spiral''

Time_Spiral_zpsb3df1308.jpg

Might be worth to check out :)

Recommending some good recent dramas:

Kill me, heal me

image-477B_54AAAB4F.jpg

Drama about a guy with Multiple personality disorder. ^^ very good!

Same goes for this drama: Hyde, jekyll & me:

HydeJekyll35.jpg

Heard it through the grapevine (with Lee Joon (ex-mblaq)

Heard_It_Through_the_Grapevine-0001.jpg

My parent's are watching that last one.

They don't watch with subtitles so I don't really understand what's going on but DANG.

The main character's parents are clllaaaaassy.

god's gift

watching "heard it through the grapevine" right now aswell and i'm amazed.

i really didn't expect to like it that much as dramas about the poor girl, saved by rich prince out of her her poorness usually turn out to be incredibly shitty ("heirs" being the main offender from the top of my head), but this is terribly well executed! the characters are all pretty believable, or if not, a nice comedic exaggeration of their archetype. the comedic pacing in itself, the balance with the actual drama is spot on too, and the acting is seriously good from all the involved parties so far. (I can really see how lee joon decided to pursue an acting career opposed to the idol one. he actually DOES act very versatile and convincing...)

really huge thumbs up for this, it re-convinced me of kdrama again, as i just thought i somehow couldn't connect to any of them anymore.

Heard_It_Through_the_Grapevine-0001.jpg

city hunter. and lmao no tag for japanese tv show on netflix ?

Some great dramas you have to see:

Blood

Blood-05.jpg

My unfortunate Boyfriend

667x550(1).jpg

Orange marmalade

Orange_Marmalade-p1.jpg

School 2015: Who are you?

wech4.jpg

Producer

maxresdefault.jpg

Producer is awesome! I don't usually like kdramas, but once in a while a show like Producer pops up and I'm all over it. Amazing casting too! So many good actors.

Algernon ni hanataba o is also a very nice Japanese drama to watch if you're fan of Yamapi's acting or fan of him as a singer. ^^

%5BJD%5D%2BFlowers%2Bfor%2BAlgernon.jpg

^ I am not meaning to knock off or derail this thread but "if you're fan of Yamapi's acting or fan of him as a singer." basically takes all the attention away from other details that surround/happen in the said drama. I ain't on the same board as many other "Yamapi haters" but it's given that his acting/singing basically obscure the context that surround his activities - e.g. his musical ventures in US? Stans are totally cool with this because "[high shrieking]YAMAPIII!!". The drama he is starring in becomes a flop? Everyone's idgafing because "Yamapii" all over again...my point was that he or his staff should do something about him being hyped to the point where no one cares about plots or contexts he's involved in (just as long as *HE* is there).

I guess that is why I rarely follow J-doramas anyway (aside from manga/anime-to-drama conversions being generally awkward) - every time when someone praises certain J-drama, they ALWAYS have to go with SINGLE (and only!) mention about Johnny's or some other aidoru in case she/he is there ("fuck the plot"-mentality), and this is not very informative about doramas' overall quality tbh. Consequently, you might as well risk and waste your time on possibly bad flicks with hyped casts and whatnot. 

:wan-32:

Speaking of K-dramas, I have "Kill Me, Heal Me" on hold...might defo keep an eye on "Producer" and other highlights that were brought up in here. Only if I could do something about my short, drama-specific attention span lol.

As if I've never posted in here, fffffffff.

Rewatching tad bits of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e because it has the best ensemble of a character cast I have ever seen. <3

Also slowly getting through the live action of OHSHC, Switch Girl!! and Tumbling. 

If I had more time on my hands, I would sit down and watch as many Asians dramas as I could. I used to just watch one episode of as many as I can and forget to get back to most of them, ahaha.