1393780_10200891726043634_725410812_n.jp

Finally out the new album her, I really happy for this new release.

The songs is stronger, different of last album "Goodbye Lullaby" that sound so good.

Tracklist:

1. Rock n Roll

2. Here's to Never Growing Up

3. 17

4. Bitchin' Summer

5. Let Me Go (feat. Chad Kroeger)

6. Give You What You Like

7. Bad Girl (feat. Marilyn Manson)

8. Hello Kitty

9. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

10. Sippin' On Sunshine

11. Hello Heartache

12. Falling Fast

13. Hush hush

the album isn't the best album of 2013, but I've sure that will be good sold. 

Ooh~ I used to be a big fan of her :D

Goodbye Lullaby was indeed good, though I haven't listened to that album much myself even if I do own that CD. :P

Might wanna check out this newer release. :)

I loved this album!! *__* apart from 2 songs (Bad Girl and Hello Kitty), the rest is really nice! Everytime I listen to this album, I get a summer feeling...maybe because there are a bunch of songs that talk about summer xD

Anyway, my fav of the album are "Here's to never growing up", "Rock 'n' Roll" and "Hush hush" :3

*awkwardly walks in alone to dead thread* Ehehe.

Lavigne was my number one artist for years before 2012 when I first got into Asian music, and exclusively from that point onwards so Lavigne was left on my CD stack forever more since then. So I haven't actually given her last album a listen at all. But I have heard the singles on it on TV and I've realised I probably would have outgrown her by that year. They just sound so... so silly, in a way. 'Here's to Never Growing Up' just makes me think I'm listening to some newly debuted teenage school singer, not a mature adult. I guess I'm being a hypocrite since I don't really complain about any other artist who are also just like this but I think it's because of how much I looked up to her and how she seems to be unsure of who she really wants to be. Or she's actually being a hypocrite herself and just going with the music style which is in at the moment. I read somewhere about a fan's input in this and it seems very obvious once you think about it and that really sucks to read. I really looked up to her during the 'Under My Skin' time because I connected with it so well. But this latest self titled album of hers really just looks and sounds so unappealing in a way. Goodbye Lullaby is beautiful in such a honest and delicate way, being up there with 'Under My Skin' as my favourite records of hers, but I guess, with a change of music taste and having grown up a bit, my idolisation for her has disappeared. I actually thought I'd enjoy Hello Kitty just a bit, but... I just can't. xD

Edit: I just noticed Marilyn Manson. Holy pancakes. And that Chad... >.>

Edited by benibana

*awkwardly walks in alone to dead thread* Ehehe.

Lavigne was my number one artist for years before 2012 when I first got into Asian music, and exclusively from that point onwards so Lavigne was left on my CD stack forever more since then. So I haven't actually given her last album a listen at all. But I have heard the singles on it on TV and I've realised I probably would have outgrown her by that year. They just sound so... so silly, in a way. 'Here's to Never Growing Up' just makes me think I'm listening to some newly debuted teenage school singer, not a mature adult. I guess I'm being a hypocrite since I don't really complain about any other artist who are also just like this but I think it's because of how much I looked up to her and how she seems to be unsure of who she really wants to be. Or she's actually being a hypocrite herself and just going with the music style which is in at the moment. I read somewhere about a fan's input in this and it seems very obvious once you think about it and that really sucks to read. I really looked up to her during the 'Under My Skin' time because I connected with it so well. But this latest self titled album of hers really just looks and sounds so unappealing in a way. Goodbye Lullaby is beautiful in such a honest and delicate way, being up there with 'Under My Skin' as my favourite records of hers, but I guess, with a change of music taste and having grown up a bit, my idolisation for her has disappeared. I actually thought I'd enjoy Hello Kitty just a bit, but... I just can't. xD

Edit: I just noticed Marilyn Manson. Holy pancakes. And that Chad... >.>

cannot blame you tbh, not your fault. As much as I appreciate Avril since forever, she fucked up totally her career. she didn't evolved a bit, and when she does, she was eaten alive by her record company because she's too lazy (and afraid maybe, but much more lazy) to say no (=when she go back in studio to record some crappy teenage anthem for GL because they ask her to, when you know that this album contains so much gems!). And the same thing goes on again and again with her latest album. same teenage shite on the radio, but today, no one cares about a 30 yo woman who's still in her teen crisis, dancing in pancakes tutu screaming HTNGU, that she's still RnR on some aseptic hit, to see her laziness on stage like 'wth am I doing here??' or heard her robotic answers on itw (since 2010...it's long). ridiculous. even her own fanbase knows that (when I'm bored, I go on some bandaids forum, and it's very informative, and on how no one is dupe). she needs to grow up once and for all.

Before the self-titled, I remember being absolutely amazed with her HYRM's cover. Even her singing on this one was something. And then...the self-titled fucked up my expectations (except 2 or 3 songs).

She has the potential to do so much more! this is frustrating. she's sinking slowly and wants to do nothing about it (just want to stay on her comfort zone but hey, Avril, have you seen that everyone leaves the boat ??). She's not even touring (unless it's in Asia, the last place where she's relevant, or unless it's in arena but she can't fulfill them today)!! she's so high on her pedestal...! and this is how you find yourself, after 10 years carrer, doing the first act for the BB in ARENA.... what a waste/shame.

She needs someone in her entourage to tell her she's in the wrong, and to go back on her pedestal. But soon. really soon. or she'll not gonna last long. she's not a "star" anymore.

Sorry for the long rant lmao.

btw, have you seen this crappy trailer?

She's finally releasing the song that everyone wants, but far too late and with a shitty video (I know it's a trailer only, but seriously..n o), GG Avril, you're defo the best.

Avril Lavigne is my favorite!! xD I remember when that hello kitty video came some much people hated it lmao

I though it was catchy.. :c

but anyways its been a while since I listen to her x__x maybe I should listen to her again...

cannot blame you tbh, not your fault. As much as I appreciate Avril since forever, she fucked up totally her career. she didn't evolved a bit, and when she does, she was eaten alive by her record company because she's too lazy (and afraid maybe, but much more lazy) to say no (=when she go back in studio to record some crappy teenage anthem for GL because they ask her to, when you know that this album contains so much gems!). And the same thing goes on again and again with her latest album. same teenage shite on the radio, but today, no one cares about a 30 yo woman who's still in her teen crisis, dancing in pancakes tutu screaming HTNGU, that she's still RnR on some aseptic hit, to see her laziness on stage like 'wth am I doing here??' or heard her robotic answers on itw (since 2010...it's long). ridiculous. even her own fanbase knows that (when I'm bored, I go on some bandaids forum, and it's very informative, and on how no one is dupe). she needs to grow up once and for all.

Before the self-titled, I remember being absolutely amazed with her HYRM's cover. Even her singing on this one was something. And then...the self-titled fucked up my expectations (except 2 or 3 songs).

She has the potential to do so much more! this is frustrating. she's sinking slowly and wants to do nothing about it (just want to stay on her comfort zone but hey, Avril, have you seen that everyone leaves the boat ??). She's not even touring (unless it's in Asia, the last place where she's relevant, or unless it's in arena but she can't fulfill them today)!! she's so high on her pedestal...! and this is how you find yourself, after 10 years carrer, doing the first act for the BB in ARENA.... what a waste/shame.

She needs someone in her entourage to tell her she's in the wrong, and to go back on her pedestal. But soon. really soon. or she'll not gonna last long. she's not a "star" anymore.

Sorry for the long rant lmao.

btw, have you seen this crappy trailer?

She's finally releasing the song that everyone wants, but far too late and with a shitty video (I know it's a trailer only, but seriously..n o), GG Avril, you're defo the best.

That was a very interesting read. I had read things such as her being lazy and just going with what was in at the time of her music releases to get the attention. It's really too bad she was all over the place now that I think back on it. It was pretty obvious she had no idea what she wanted to do or who she wanted to be. What you said really rings true, and definitely bringing up her age. I haven't heard much about her or from her now so maybe it's time others have realised too?

Ah, well, you've just convinced me I don't even need to listen to her self titled one. xD My mum always called her vocals 'whiny,' and I can now hear it after growing so out of her. It was fun at the time, and she really captured how I felt most of the time. It's a pity when you can see the whole picture after a while.

Ah. I take my last comment back from my first paragraph. xD This tune, it sounds promising! I've always enjoyed her slower ballad like songs but, as you said, dayum Lavigne, what took you so long!? Thanks for showing me, I just really haven't wanted to check her out at all in recent years, lol. And I'd agree with your last sentence.. if I was still around 16 aha. I hope she continues on and grows up in the music career the way SHE wants to. And lmao, rant away my dear. It was very informative!

That was a very interesting read. I had read things such as her being lazy and just going with what was in at the time of her music releases to get the attention. It's really too bad she was all over the place now that I think back on it. It was pretty obvious she had no idea what she wanted to do or who she wanted to be. What you said really rings true, and definitely bringing up her age. I haven't heard much about her or from her now so maybe it's time others have realised too?

Ah, well, you've just convinced me I don't even need to listen to her self titled one. xD My mum always called her vocals 'whiny,' and I can now hear it after growing so out of her. It was fun at the time, and she really captured how I felt most of the time. It's a pity when you can see the whole picture after a while.

Ah. I take my last comment back from my first paragraph. xD This tune, it sounds promising! I've always enjoyed her slower ballad like songs but, as you said, dayum Lavigne, what took you so long!? Thanks for showing me, I just really haven't wanted to check her out at all in recent years, lol. And I'd agree with your last sentence.. if I was still around 16 aha. I hope she continues on and grows up in the music career the way SHE wants to. And lmao, rant away my dear. It was very informative!

yea, enjoy this song, and tell you that this song is one of the few, very few better songs from her latest album....it's almost like it's not made by the same person, y'know. A 360° far away from her teenage pop hit. she can do it anw, but as you said, she had no idea of what she wants to be, she's too inconsistent. Dancing around while wearing green doesn't help her credibility for example. it's a good idea to release it, but it's too late now (she's been quiet for so long : she announced the release on MARCH 2014 xD), plus this MV doesn't capture the essence, the sensuality of the song at all...it's gonna feature in the upcoming film Babysitter's Black Book (epic title). but it's still better than the WYWH massacre anw (a crying Avril in a bathtub wasn't a good idea at all xDDD it was embarrasing).

I'm glad you're finally responding without insulting me xD I was afraid of hurting you (I have been insulted on a french forum for exposing the facts by a butthurt fan, not cool). I'm not bashing Av, I just wanna talk ;-;

yes, it's disappointing to see her regress (and that she's fine with it). Doesn't she seen that she's on the decline on everything? this really bugs me.

Plus, we all know that she admires Alanis Morissette, she should watch how she's doing with her career. You can thrive, be RnR and still be sincere (like PJ Harvey). Av don't. Even her clone Fefe Dobson surpasses her and made better mature songs than Av. xD

I guess we will have to wait the next era...it'll be crucial for her career. She needs to reinvent herself and made better mature songs. And to stop the crappy teenage hits ffs. she made better title songs when she was 17-19 ffs!