Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Alice Nine new album "Supernova" & 5 new release

I'm getting more of a vandalism feel from this track. It's really... boring. And that EDM styled drop was really weird and came out of nowhere and it feels like it was thrown in to try to make this track less boring and stale but rather than coming off as fresh and "woah that was cool!" it was more like "LOLwat." ELVIS9 WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Now that I have checked the full version out too, I must say that yes, this is very Vandalize-like (or let's put it the better way -"Cosmic World meets Vandalize").

And guess what - unlike certain people, I prefer Gemini/"9"/Vandalize over their earlier albums (the thing is that A9 shows a lot more potential with their poppier approach tbh). So I am totally okay with this.

ps. Alpha is quite boring - I cannot even remember anything else but White Prayer + Cosmic World (and parts of Eraser) out of it.

Now that I have checked the full version out too, I must say that yes, this is very Vandalize-like (or let's put it the better way -"Cosmic World meets Vandalize").

And guess what - unlike certain people, I prefer Gemini/"9"/Vandalize over their earlier albums (the thing is that A9 shows a lot more potential with their poppier approach tbh). So I am totally okay with this.

ps. Alpha is quite boring - I cannot even remember anything else but White Prayer + Cosmic World (and parts of Eraser) out of it.

Yeah i have to agree with this. "Cosmic World meets Vandalize" describes this song very well.

And also that Alpha is boring, it is their worst for me... but I think it has this touch of Alpha through the Cosmic World influence, which isn't bad. I really like it.

they peaked with Gemini imo. With every release since they've been creeping back to their older safe/stale sound.

Yea, I don't like this. The song itself is basic, not bad per se but seriously basic and I think I'm more annoyed at it because of that.  I feel like I  would've rather it had just been terriblewtfidon'tevenknow like Shooting Star at this stage in the game lol. The song would've been okay if this was still the Alpha/Vandalize era but these are steps way too far back. I agree with Perez in that I quite enjoy their poppier sound but imo at this point they have proven that they could make much more skillful and interesting pop tracks than this so it's disappointing. 

That said personally I did like the other released album tracks though so I'll just ignore this until then.

I preordered this thing long ago.. typical A9 feel I guess.

Deep down I seriously wish they still write songs like 夢幻 -electric eden-  :3

fucking yes! 1,000,000 times yes. That is, to date, my most overplayed, beloved, non-stop ballad of all time

So the SHINING is going to have a remake of TSUBASA and Jelly fish? Would have loved to see a Cross Game remake. I want a preview for from KURAYAMI now

limited edition (3,990yen) of their new album "Supernova" will include CD+DVD, and regular edition (3,150yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.SHINING
02.+-
03.SEVEN
04.メビウス(mebius)
05.Daybreak
06.shooting star
07.Exist
08.1 Minute Kidding
09.KID
10.SHADOWPLAY(Supernova Edition)
11.開戦前夜(kaisenzenya)
12.Prelude-resolution-

[limited edition DVD track list]
SEVEN (PV 7 versions)
Main ver.
Multi Angle ver.
SHOU ver.
HIROTO ver.
TORA ver.
SAGA ver.
NAO ver.

They're kidding... Album with 12 track with only 6 new songs...

I hope "prelude-resolution-" isn't a epilogue, but an epic 12 minutes song like GEMINI and "1 minute kidding" isn't a "real" one minutes song.

...and seriously "+-"?! How do we call this song?

I am expecting this album to be their second worst; first being Alpha. I am also expecting the album to have super hideous artwork; thinking it will follow the formula of a promotion picture covered with ugly typography. I think that the ugly artwork from the singles plays games with my mind, making me think that the music is much worse than it actually is.

I thought SHADOWPLAY was pretty good; I am not very fond of Daybreak or shooting star; I like the two songs that were released on iTunes, and that's pretty much it. The preview for SHINING is... a little better than all the crap released last Spring.

Totally agreeing with blazehart, hoping that the last song is long and epic. I hope the new songs make up for everything they've released since their last album.

With knowing that track-list, I lowered my expectation into the lowest.

SHADOWPLAY was great, Daybreak is just fine, I don't even remember what they doing with Shooting Star, and iTunes single is pretty good.

So, this is not a concept album after all.

Oh, their concept album is just GEMINI.

Not really what I expected...

I don't think that the last song will be some real song but a outro like Overture on Gemini and 1 Minute kidding is probably only the Intro to KID. So in the end there are only 4 "real" new songs and that is not much...

But I am looking forward to the new songs and to the new version of Shadowplay.

I really did not expected their spring releases on this album and wished they would leave Shooting Star out.

I really like these especially the first one, but that font... They'd look a lot nice without any text.

Track lengths revealed:

http://tower.jp/item/3367137?recommend=7

1 Minute Kidding is a fucking one minute intro to KID, and of course, Prelude (resolution) is an "outro" track.

Hahaha... I was expecting this gonna happen. So, no surprise at all.

I try to listen the iTunes single again and I think Kaizen Zenya is growing in me.

I just hope they can compose better than Shadowplay and Kaizen Senya. Exists is great too, but I don't like Shou's harsh voices, he's kind of push himself too hard.

I'll take it, the covers look cool and Alice Nine is still going great. The b-side track is beautiful and SHINING is growing on me strongly

I really like these especially the first one, but that font... They'd look a lot nice without any text.

My exact sentiments. The font looks like something I'd use for my homework assignment -_-

Kind of disappointing, the amount of brand new full length songs, but I'm sure they'll be at least pretty good as long as they are nothing at all like Kaisenzenya I will like them. I'm still reeling from how great From Kurayami was, such an excellent B-Side.

Sign in to follow this