Zeus

ANIME TRASH TALK THREAD

Is that Record of Lodoss War? Because if so, damn that looks good for a hand-drawn anime.

I started watching Initial D a few days ago. The story is alright (I'm two episodes in so can't judge) but the animation style is so dated that it makes it hard for me to get into it.

This is a screenshot of what I mean:

1335992665027.jpg

This show is also very guilty of mixing CGI and animation. It probably looked good at the time but now it just looks inconsistent and tacky as hell. Like this:

Initial_D_Keisuke_vs_Takumi.jpg

and this:

hqdefault.jpg

The later seasons look to be drawn better/have higher budgets so maybe this will go away. But it irks me because obviously this show hasn't aged well, but then I look at screenshots of ROLW and I wonder why more anime doesn't hold up that well. I wonder who the god was that sat down and put so much detail into every frame. Simply impeccable animation quality - you were not lying.

Honestly, I think Initial D isn't so much dated but polarizing...well, it is dated, but the art style really was kind of like wtf back when I first saw it back in, what, 2003 or something?

And yes, Record of Lodoss War is fucking beautiful. I mean, come on, look at this! IT'S FUCKING PERFECT!

BijDqSQ.jpg

So far Log Horizon seems like a very cheap copy of SAO. I'll continue to watch to see if it gets better but I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this all before. Probably because I've seen this all before.

Attack on Titan was good until the main character turned into a Titian.

So instead of the one stupid fuckup that can control the bestest mech ever to save the day (every mech anime ever) it's now, the stupid fuckup that can turn into a Titan is the only one that can save everyone.

So far Log Horizon seems like a very cheap copy of SAO. I'll continue to watch to see if it gets better but I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this all before. Probably because I've seen this all before.

Serously? how far are you in? I feel like this is what sao should of been... I don't really see how it has anything in common with it besides the mmo game setting. There's no sappy romance shit going on or any huge time skips/leaps like sao had that made things hella confusing and the most obvious is that shiro is not a depressed emo character like kirito was :/

overall Log Horizon is actually one of my favorite anime's from this season... so far they have kept with mmo setting and plot instead of going off into other shit like sao did.

I just finished episode 4. I was going to start episode five but then I ended up writing this. I'm still undecided on my feelings about the show, but I wrote that when I finished episode two and it really seemed like a cheap copy of SAO then.

Here's a list of similarities between the two shows. This is mostly to amuse myself and to see how far I can dig into this show before I'm grasping for things to bitch about. I'll add more and cross out some the more I go along.

• Obvious settings are obvious. Both are trapped in an online MMO game that they can't log out of, where they assume the traits and powers of their characters and learn to adjust in the new world. If I hadn't just watched Sword Art Online a few months ago, this would seem pretty cool. And it is....but there is definite Sword Art influence here that I can't shake.

• The main character is so ridiculously OP I don't feel like he's ever in danger. Also, he seems to know everything to a point where nothing surprises him anymore.

"Oh, there's a new boss here? And he's level 68? OK, now he's dead."

• The main character also has an aversion to guilds but I'm not far enough along to know why.

My biggest gripe with the show (so far) is the aimlessness. We've established that they're trapped in this video game. Now what are they going to do about it? There doesn't seem to be any point in being trapped in this game, because no one can die, no one can log out, and no one has any goals to strive for. The whole Serara subplot pokes fun at itself because even the main character admits that they might as well help because they don't have anything else to do. So currently I'm waiting for the plot to thicken, and I hope that this "expansion" that supposedly trapped them in this world brings along some craziness.

Serously? how far are you in? I feel like this is what sao should of been... I don't really see how it has anything in common with it besides the mmo game setting. There's no sappy romance shit going on or any huge time skips/leaps like sao had that made things hella confusing and the most obvious is that shiro is not a depressed emo character like kirito was :/

overall Log Horizon is actually one of my favorite anime's from this season... so far they have kept with mmo setting and plot instead of going off into other shit like sao did.

The biggest problem with SAO was that it was unfinished. The timeskips are a byproduct of that unfinished quality. The sappy romance bits were sappy romance bits because there wasn't enough plot in the first half to let that develop naturally, so it all had to be shoved into two episodes before Kirito and Asuna decided to stop playing family and get back to kicking ass. There's also the criticism of underdeveloped characters, Kirito the magic everyman, Asuna the la femme nikita-turned comatose Rapunzel, and basically the entire second half of the show being contrived, baseless drivel that happens because the author demands it to happen, but we won't talk about that. SAO only has thirteen episodes in my mind.

So maybe Log Horizon is exactly what I want SAO to be, which is the first half of that show but expanded out, filled with interesting characters that I actually care about and meaningful interactions that cause tangible repercussions later on. But until there's an actual threat, I'm going to sit and watch this show with a very bored expression on my face, because a story without conflict is just Waiting for Godot. And he's five episodes late.

Oh okay in that case I believe you will be very pleased with the show when you get around to watching more, it doesn't make the same mistakes sao made and actually feels like it sets itself apart from sao in the most recent episodes :D

I am a big fans of gundam series, have all the series but has not watching all of them. And I will make a statement: GUNDAM AGE IS THE WORST GUNDAM I HAVE EVER SEEN! The Idea about three generation gundam wielder is good, but..... the execution is bad. Bad character design, bad action&animation, bad plot, they have all I think. Mecha design is not that good like gundam 00 or UC series. Well I think I stop watching this series until eps 37, dunno I will continue or just drop it

And about gundam Build Fighter, I think this is just another kid show, and not interested in the beginning, but......................  It has awesome action and animation! I am very pleased! The story is fun and easy going, they have interesting plot, and nice idea about mixing all gundam time in one series, battle each other. This is the gundam fans waiting all the time, while waiting gundam origin for next year :)

yeah it was pretty bad.. I gave it the same score as i did the first season, a 6/10. Which is probably a little generous, but if not for the animation that i sorta enjoyed it would probably be a little lower maybe a 5/10 instead xD

Just finished watching Infinite Shit 2.

Why did you put yourself through that? I quit and haven't looked back.

Also, 2013 TV anime sales ranking (so far):

Legend: Average sales / TitleDNC = Did not chartTBR = To be releasedSource: Oricon Youtaijou / Oricon Yearly ChartsPrevious update: http://redd.it/1t3f9zUpdates:                        Summer 2013                     Autumn 2013    NEW YowaPedal                   45005   Monogatari SS           26601   Inifnite Stratos 2NEW Yozakura HnU                30333   Free!                   5677    YowaPedalup Monogatari SS                9366    Symphogear G            3010    Yozakura HnUup Symphogear G                 9357    DxD 2                   1643    Kyousougigaup Shingeki no Kyojin           7224    Brother's Conflict      1030    SekaTsuyoup Uta Prince-sama 2            7077    Kiniro Mosaic           882     Galilei Donnaup Yahari SNAFU                 7023    Fate/Illya              DNC     Coppelionup OreImo 2                     4746    Neptunia                TBR     Outbreak Co.up Hataraku Maou                4471    Danganronpa             TBR     Nagi no Asakuraup Free!                        4237    RoKyuBu 2               TBR     Meganebu!up Kyousougiga                  4165    Tamayura 2              TBR     Valverave 2up Love Live                    4077    Servant X Serivce       TBR     Freezing Vdown Majestic Prince            3976    Kimi no Iru Machi       TBR     Machine Dolldown Danganronpa                3812    Love Lab                TBR     Blazblue AMdown Tamayura 2                 2904    Teekyu 2                TBR     Desagure!                                2267    Gin no Saji             TBR     Gingitsune                                1858    Uchouten                TBR     NonNonBiyori                                1665    Rozen Maiden 2013       TBR     White Album 2                                1617    Kaminomi 3              TBR     Golden Time                                1380    Makai Ouji              TBR     SamuFlamenco                                1107    Watamote                TBR     Tokyo Ravens                                893     Fantasista Doll         TBR     NouCome                                857     Genshiken Nidaime       TBR     Yuushibu!                                715     Genei Taiyou            TBR     Arpeggio AN                                687     KKK                     TBR     Walkure Romance                                543     KamiNichi               TBR     Kyoukai Kanata                                412     Inu Hasami              TBR     Kill la Kill                                412     Futari Milky            TBR     Magi 2                                248     C3-bu                   TBR     Teekyu 3                                DNC     Blood Lad               TBR     Diabolik Lovers                                DNC     Kingdom 2               TBR     Log Horizon                                DNC     Recorder Mi             TBR     KuroBas 2                                TBR     Kakusen-kun             TBR     Little Busters R                                TBR     Gatchaman C             TBR     StrikeTheBlood                                DNC     Gifuu                   TBR     Gunpla Fighters                                                                TBR     Diamond Ace                                                                TBR     Ippo Rising                                                                TBR     Ms.Monochrome                                                                TBR     Super Seisyun                                                                TBR     Butt Biting Bug 2                                                                TBR     Gaist Crusher                                                                TBR     Battle Spirits UZ2013 Topsellers                 Spring 2013                     Winter 2013    53486   Shingeki no Kyojin      53486   Shingeki no Kyojin      27782   Love Live45005   Monogatari SS           38087   Yamato 2199             17937   Usavich 538087   Yamato 2199             33054   Uta Prince-sama 2       7358    Haganai 233054   Uta Prince-sama 2       16870   Railgun S               6638    Vividred Operation30333   Free!                   15978   OreImo 2                5920    Puchimasu27782   Love Live               11433   Hataraku Maou           4249    Yama no Susume26601   Inifnite Stratos 2      10012   Yahari SNAFU            4149    OreShura17937   Usavich 5               8936    Gargantia               3895    Minami-ke tadaima16870   Railgun S               8369    Date A Live             3684    Tamako Market15978   OreImo 2                5689    Valverave               3301    Amnesia11433   Hataraku Maou           4883    Karneval                3275    Gj-bu10012   Yahari SNAFU            4472    Nyaruko-san W           3235    Chihayafuru 29357    DxD 2                   4232    Azazel-san Z            2912    The Unlimited9366    Symphogear G            3968    Hentai Ouji             2895    AKB0048 28936    Gargantia               3894    Muromi-san              2647    Maou Yuusha8369    Date A Live             3643    Majestic Prince         2553    Senran Kagura7358    Haganai 2               3082    Yuyushiki               2053    Hakkenden7224    Brother's Conflict      2330    Devil Survivor 2        1981    Cuticle Inaba7077    Kiniro Mosaic           1960    Hyakka Ryouran 2        1937    Da Capo III7023    Fate/Illya              1827    Aiura                   1851    Chokushuu Robot6638    Vividred Operation      1556    Red Data Girl           1813    gdgd Fairies 25920    Puchimasu               1265    Photokano               1690    Doki Precure5689    Valverave               872     Ketsuekigata-kun        1494    Mondaiji                                774     Danbooru  Senki         1425    Senyuu                                695     Hayate Cuties           1388    Sasami-san                                371     Glass no Kamen          1127    Kotoura-san                                351     Mushibugyo              880     Osaka Okan                                314     Aku no Hana             715     AiMaiMi                                304     Crime Edge              590     SeitoIchizon 2                                DNC     Arata Kangatari         432     CardVanguard 3                                DNC     Leviathan               339     Mangirl                                DNC     Eagle Talon MAX         DNC     Gijinden Roman                                DNC     Tanken Driland 2        DNC     Ganbare RuruRoro                                DNC     Danchi Tomo                                                    DNC     DD Hokuto                                                      TBR     Jewel Pet H                                                    TBR     Kuromajo-san 2                                                 TBR     Pretty Rhythm 3                                                TBR     Gakkatsu 2                                                     TBR     My Little Pony                                                 TBR     Sparrows Hotel                                                 TBR     Tenshi Drop                    

It's not even that it's a harem that makes it shit, because honestly some harem anime can work and be enjoyable when done right... it's just bad period. It's as simple as that.

worst thing is that it actually did pretty good in Japan according to those figures zess posted, so we'll probably get another season of it :/

I just finished watching Infinite Shit 2 as well just so I can see if it gets better. It doesn't. There is no story to develop. People get attacked by unknown organizations and there's no follow-up. Things happen because it's convenient. Ichika is the world's dumbest protagonist and doesn't know how to pick up on clues. And to top all that off, they still manage to fit copious amounts of filler into the show. Absolutely terrible!

Also that new Sword Art Online special is useless. It's SAO for people that didn't watch SAO. It's 4/5 recap, 1/5 new story that doesn't tie into anything old and won't tie into GGO, and they spend the entire time namedropping people and organizations and a whole new lore and then just drop it. WTF?!? Sword Art at least try to be coherent.

Also Yui is God.

Yeah but the SAO special does actually have a purpose, it's supposed to bridge together the end of the first season and the beginning of the second season. Yes if anyone didn't already know it was announced that SAO 2 is coming later this year! also there's supposed to be another special called "Sword Art Offline" airing later this year before the second season starts, and if i had to guess it'll probably continue where the end of this special left off. basically explaining some stuff that has happened since the end of the first season and also setting up what's gonna happen during the second season.

All that aside yeah the first special was pretty stupid with the hour and a half of recap shit, but I'm not gonna try to lie... the new stuff that we did get at the end was pretty enjoyable for me and even though the first season got majorly sidetracked and literally dropped the ball I can't help but to be just a little optimistic about the new season.

Oreimo and any other little sister incest animes. How many more of these crap need to be animated? I'm with hentai but a full tv series? Please no.

OH HOW "THE MIGHTY" HAVE FALLEN. ONE PIECE IS NOW WORST THAN NARUTO! LIKE FINAL BATTLE MY ASS, MORE LIKE "LETS RUN AROUND AND LOOK LIKE FUCKING RETARDS. AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT WE CAN'T FIGHT FOR SHIT, AND HAVE ANYTHING-ASS POWERS. BUT WE LIKE TO ACT LIKE WE ARE SO COOL, NOBODY CAN TOUCH US, IN REALITY WE EAT SHIT EVERYDAY AND WOULD LIKE TO BE PUT OUT OF OUR MISERY." is not even funny it's sad.

HUNTERXHUNTER IS A SNOOZE FEST.

ATTACK ON TITAN IS TRASH! IT'S A GOD AWFUL ANIME WITH A CRAPPY PLOT

I will never understand the hype.

Someone make me stop trying "MAHOU SHOUJO THINGS" or "MAHOU GAKUEN" stuff. I can't deal and the more I watch the more I'm confused to why I even started

HUNTERXHUNTER IS A SNOOZE FEST.

I'm not really crazy about either anime adaptation, but the manga is glorious. Every arc is just so different, and it goes off on so many random tangents that you completely forget that it's supposed to be about a kid finding his dad.

Attack On Titan is complete generic garbage.

CHECKLIST

Oblivious Annoying Protagonist   [CHECK]

Annoying Whiny friend Of The Protagonist [CHECK]

Childhood friend that fall's in love with protagonist but protagonist is to hyped on his ass to play with titan's [CHECK]

onslaught of awkward humanoid creatures that look stoned [CHECK]

Other forgettable characters [CHECK]

Death's left and right for no reason [CHECK]

ABSOLUTE SHITTY GENERIC PLOT [ FUCKING CHECK]

DID I MENTION THE SHITTY PLOT? [ ALSO FUCKING CHECK, BECAUSE IT'S THERE]