Zeus

ANIME TRASH TALK THREAD

There are in fact at least three anime's airing right now that I would rank as 9/10 or above (at this point in time), that everybody should be watching.

those are; Akatsuki no Yona, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and Sanzoku no Musume Ronja.

I don't even mean this in a biased way, all three of these shows are just objectively good. Although all three of these are from the season before this one so... it still doesn't have anything to do with this season being "crap" as far as new shows go :lol: I thought I would throw this out there though for anyone who might have overlooked these gems.

I strongly disagree with Shigatsu but to each their own.

There are in fact at least three anime's airing right now that I would rank as 9/10 or above (at this point in time), that everybody should be watching.

those are; Akatsuki no Yona, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and Sanzoku no Musume Ronja.

I don't even mean this in a biased way, all three of these shows are just objectively good. Although all three of these are from the season before this one so... it still doesn't have anything to do with this season being "crap" as far as new shows go :lol: I thought I would throw this out there though for anyone who might have overlooked these gems.

Everything about Shigatsu is done so incredibly well that I'm just in awe the whole time ._.

I strongly disagree with Shigatsu but to each their own.

Can I ask what it is you don't like about it? I'm curious!

Oh boy.... where do I begin?

Shigatsu had a great start in the first 3 eps. I love the music placements and the overall visuals. It seemed like a promising show with a generic cast of characters if executed well. Unfortunately, it doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's another case of style over substance.

The show took a nosedive for me when those bitches (Kaori & Tsubaki) forced Kousei to publicly humiliate himself. It doesn't matter if he's a piano genius, a musician needs to practice the score before performing. It's obvious Kousei isn't motivated to go back playing piano and yet these so called "friends" of his keep forcing him. That is like the worst way to develop your main protagonist. Putting music sheets literally everywhere he goes is downright borderline bullying and the show passes it off as something comedic which is completely unfunny. Speaking of that, the show is so consistent with its inconsistency of its tone. All these gags that comes outta nowhere really kills the serious moments. Kousei getting hit by something and bleeds as a result is NOT funny at all. And to add more WTF-ness to this problem, he accepts it as if it was no big deal to him. That's another problem with this show, Kousei as the main character is like a battered wife just accepting these things with no objections. The writing boggles my mind going from ass backwards scenarios to just downright emotionally manipulative. When the story pulled the slow death card on Kaori, I was facepalmed that they were pulling this cliche that's been used in so many asian dramas as a plot device to motivate the characters. I could on and on with the problems of this show but this is a brief overall thoughts so far. Reading this guy's blog helped me realize most of it. http://www.lostinanime.com/search/label/Shigatsu%20wa%20Kimi%20no%20Uso

If I were to describe Shigatsu to someone, I would say it's like Beats headphones - A mediocre product wrapped around with beautiful packaging. I understand why people love this show, but it's not working for me. It's trying really hard to get back up on its feet with the current episodes. The struggle is real in this one.

XD interesting views.

None of that stuff really bothers me though, probably because I don't see these things as being negative like you do, but none the less it's nice to hear someone else's real opinion for not liking something in this thread instead of just a sentence flaming something with no substance at all to back it up. Even though I don't see the things you mentioned as negatives I do get your point and I understand the reasoning :)

yay for discussion!

This isn't the thread for proper discussion! THIS IS TRASH TALK! YOUR OPINION IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT! :D

You see I think that is stupid, honestly if it was up to me I would rename the thread to "unpopular anime opinions" or something of the like and have interesting thought provoking discussions/debates rather than mindless drivel that doesn't mean shit other than asserting that you don't like a certain series for no reason other than "just cuz".

Please don't have fun, Saku...It would ruin the mood :D

I'm joking dude, feel free to discuss here if you want. Apparently I am not that funny XD

Still doesn't make Code Geass not a terrible piece of shit ^__^

Oh boy.... where do I begin?

Shigatsu had a great start in the first 3 eps. I love the music placements and the overall visuals. It seemed like a promising show with a generic cast of characters if executed well. Unfortunately, it doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's another case of style over substance.

The show took a nosedive for me when those bitches (Kaori & Tsubaki) forced Kousei to publicly humiliate himself. It doesn't matter if he's a piano genius, a musician needs to practice the score before performing. It's obvious Kousei isn't motivated to go back playing piano and yet these so called "friends" of his keep forcing him. That is like the worst way to develop your main protagonist. Putting music sheets literally everywhere he goes is downright borderline bullying and the show passes it off as something comedic which is completely unfunny. Speaking of that, the show is so consistent with its inconsistency of its tone. All these gags that comes outta nowhere really kills the serious moments. Kousei getting hit by something and bleeds as a result is NOT funny at all. And to add more WTF-ness to this problem, he accepts it as if it was no big deal to him. That's another problem with this show, Kousei as the main character is like a battered wife just accepting these things with no objections. The writing boggles my mind going from ass backwards scenarios to just downright emotionally manipulative. When the story pulled the slow death card on Kaori, I was facepalmed that they were pulling this cliche that's been used in so many asian dramas as a plot device to motivate the characters. I could on and on with the problems of this show but this is a brief overall thoughts so far. Reading this guy's blog helped me realize most of it. http://www.lostinanime.com/search/label/Shigatsu%20wa%20Kimi%20no%20Uso

If I were to describe Shigatsu to someone, I would say it's like Beats headphones - A mediocre product wrapped around with beautiful packaging. I understand why people love this show, but it's not working for me. It's trying really hard to get back up on its feet with the current episodes. The struggle is real in this one.

I actually understand where you're coming from, and I agree on the bullying part. The fact that he accepts it comes forth from the way he's grown up, I'm sure. Though he hates how his mom acted towards him, he still blames himself for things. I think rather than accepting everything it's just more of a feeling that he needs to. Tsubaki annoys the hell out of me, and Kaori's working for selfish reasons (as you'll learn later).

Kaori's character fits with what this story is ultimately about though, seeing as it's nothing but Kousei's struggle into learning how to hear music again and detaching himself from the ghost of his mother and his past as a prodigy. Finding all the reasons and small bits that made him lose his feeling as a whole. People needing drama to overcome another drama isn't odd either.

All in all I'm really enjoying this series and it's a definite 9 for me. It's just done really well.

We also can't really forget these kids are still middle school kids. The people who should put an end to what is (borderline) bullying aren't necessarily the kids themselves but the adults looking out for them. Not everyone realizes it's wrong when they're still that age (even though they should). The series should have had an additional storyline touching that, which it sadly doesn't have.

Still doesn't make Code Geass not a terrible piece of shit ^__^

Code Geass is one of the most boring series I've ever watched and I'm still really confused as to why everyone loves it so much.

Code Geass is one of the most boring series I've ever watched and I'm still really confused as to why everyone loves it so much.

I don't get it either. I found it to be an above average anime in terms of art, direction, and storytelling, but the actual story wasn't so compelling. I never cared about anyone at any point.

I liked Code Geass tv series for what it was despite of having some glaring flaws, mainly because the main character Lelouch was charismatic, took unconventional roles like leading the followers instead of being a pilot, and caused the story's events rather than the character's actions being resulted by the events themselves. At the time, it was something that hasn't been done before in a mecha series, at least from what I remember.

But the one thing from the franchise that I have to shit on is the OVA, Akito the Exiled. The continuity this takes place in makes no gah damn sense with the aesthetics presented here and most of the character are unlikeable. If the writers are supposed to make me root for Akito for the sociopath that he is, then the show has completely failed to do so.

Only thing I will comment on about Code Geass:

In Episode 22, when Lelouch is like "omg, wouldn't be crazy if I told you to kill all those people, you would have to kill all the peoples?" to Euphemia and she's like "ok, cool bro."

That is literally one of the worst written plot twists I have had the displeasure of experiencing...like I can't even begin to grasp as to who thought that this was a good idea. Even if this was part of a story for an Freshman English creative writing paper I would still think it is terrible.

i literally hated the art in Geass (and in every CLUMP franchise). on top of that, 95% of characters are annoying and really typical for animes. but the only thing that makes it so brilliant for me is the main character, Lelouch. he's like a mix of Yagami Light and Reinhard von Lohengramm: selfish, egocentric, ambitious, calculative, who will do anything to achieve what he wants. 

but yeah CLAMP artworks are fucking shit i wish them all burn in hell for making such atrocious characters' design all the time

Only thing I will comment on about Code Geass:

In Episode 22, when Lelouch is like "omg, wouldn't be crazy if I told you to kill all those people, you would have to kill all the peoples?" to Euphemia and she's like "ok, cool bro."

That is literally one of the worst written plot twists I have had the displeasure of experiencing...like I can't even begin to grasp as to who thought that this was a good idea. Even if this was part of a story for an Freshman English creative writing paper I would still think it is terrible.

Even Lelouch himself was completely dumbstruck by that twist. XD

X-men evelution and wolverine and the X-men were both the BOMB.com but the anime was so fucking horrible like bitch kill yourself now even the original X-men with its shittyness was way better then that complete garbage

and tbh drawn together shits on Gintama a bit

Rurouni Kenshin needs a remake becuase like i cant with those old graphics, and i would love to see bleach squirm  

lastly

tokoyo ghoul aint got shit on that

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V  destroyed yugioh like Black and white destroyed pokemon

The entirety of the Tokyo Ghoul anime should just be erased from human memory. Especially Pinto. It's not even out yet but it's obviously going to a train wreck. A train that was carrying a bunch of nuclear bombs. So it'll be the equivalent to a nuclear holocaust. 

King of the Hill Kai is shorter, but it left out the fun fillers from the Propane Saga from King of the Hill Z. Sure, it's filler, but at least leave some in and not take all of it out completely. For example, we didn't need the episode where Buuhauer helped out Billolo with his lady problems.