Zeus

ANIME TRASH TALK THREAD

5 hours ago, Gesu said:

Right, let's talk Seven Deadly Sins.

I like the setting. I like the tone. I like the art style; it's quirky without being ostentatious. The colour palette is vibrant. It's a good concept. The character designs are nice and the characters themselves are cool and fun to watch, for the most part. Now, if only Meliodas and Elizabeth weren't the most annoying fucking characters ever. Like seriously, Meliodas has a fucking awful and downright creepy/off-putting personality and needs a swift kick upside the chin and Elizabeth needs to fucking grow a spine and and a brain, if she even knows what either of those things are. They were made to fit archetypal roles and that's it. Chivalrous pervert hero, damsel in distress princess heroine. They're so damn tropey it hurts.

How much have you watched? I felt this way for the first few episodes (with the first episode being so damn perverted it almost put me off entirely). However it really improves once they focus on the actual plot. 

6 hours ago, Gesu said:

Right, let's talk Seven Deadly Sins.

I like the setting. I like the tone. I like the art style; it's quirky without being ostentatious. The colour palette is vibrant. It's a good concept. The character designs are nice and the characters themselves are cool and fun to watch, for the most part. Now, if only Meliodas and Elizabeth weren't the most annoying fucking characters ever. Like seriously, Meliodas has a fucking awful and downright creepy/off-putting personality and needs a swift kick upside the chin and Elizabeth needs to fucking grow a spine and and a brain, if she even knows what either of those things are. They were made to fit archetypal roles and that's it. Chivalrous pervert hero, damsel in distress princess heroine. They're so damn tropey it hurts.

oh BOY, wait till you get to this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/kRsskevZSePrXdL56

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

I've yet to see the new episodes but this is a fucking crime =.=

I don't watch this series, the characters were too unbearable for my taste. But I keep up closely with any trainwrecks related to it lol

8 hours ago, nullmoon said:

How much have you watched? I felt this way for the first few episodes (with the first episode being so damn perverted it almost put me off entirely). However it really improves once they focus on the actual plot. 

Not enough to be aware of this lol. Still, that doesn't really excuse characters who are that poorly written, imo. I'm fine with having a character who's a bit of a dick or maybe a bit annoying who then develops into a more understandable, relatable character, even if they do still retain their core characteristics that they had at the start (in fact, I like that as it makes room for character development) but I really can't deal with something that has something so unbearably frustrating that takes way too long to resolve and then the creators are like "ah, but this is what it's all been building up to!". Your job as a creator is to hook the audience from the beginning and make them wonder what happens next, not to annoy the everliving shite out of them and make them hope something actually happens next.

That being said, I don't doubt you seeing as you've obviously watched more than I have 😆

20 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Not enough to be aware of this lol. Still, that doesn't really excuse characters who are that poorly written, imo. I'm fine with having a character who's a bit of a dick or maybe a bit annoying who then develops into a more understandable, relatable character, even if they do still retain their core characteristics that they had at the start (in fact, I like that as it makes room for character development) but I really can't deal with something that has something so unbearably frustrating that takes way too long to resolve and then the creators are like "ah, but this is what it's all been building up to!". Your job as a creator is to hook the audience from the beginning and make them wonder what happens next, not to annoy the everliving shite out of them and make them hope something actually happens next.

That being said, I don't doubt you seeing as you've obviously watched more than I have 😆

Trust me, I had all the same reservations and was pretty disgusted at the straight up sexism I saw. You're absolutely right, potential fans should be hooked from the get go! So when the episode ended with that attack I thought "hmm...I'll give it another shot". The next few episodes have the same effect admittedly but once it gets going, you'll enjoy it. Granted, Meliodas and Elizabeth are probably the most one-dimensional but the other characters are really likeable with their own respective, heart-wrenching arcs. 

My relationship with Seven Deadly Sins is "it's that 1 in 10 shounen I (Almost) Liked". Tried to watch it recently again and... well, again I thought "hey, this is ok!... let's never watch it anymore" again. It's a pity because I love their seiyuu festivals (as my 2 favorite seiyuu happen to co-star there ...) but. Waste.

But honestly, IDK why but the only anime that has really hooked me up in the past 4 years or so has been Netjuu no Susume (ok, I do know - it's because I was a mmo nerd lol.) aside from KyoAni stuff of course ; Tsurune was a bless and I just wish 2019 hadn't happened 😕

In Other News, this Youtube channel is great and knowing Pizza Hut never paid enough for their product placement in Code Geass made my day

Edited by Chell

Anime doesent suck 

It swallows I've only watched 3 series 

Yugioh, death note (screw season 2), monster (only for Johan and they showed him like for 15 episodes) 

But nowadays it's either retarded fantasy, or knockoffs for example a colourfull skank, a op long haired repetitive main character, overdone settings, the list won't end the only thing I've ever liked about anime is like back in 2006 back when the Internet was a whole and not divided into tribes of elitist fucks scrubbing public attractions (woman rights, Lgbt rights, this goes on forever) so don't blame anime it's been a while since anyone's actually used creation or imagination because most retarded fucks only ever like imagining them being in the position of the mc feeling the desolate emotions of degeneration 

Eh, I agree about the Seven Deadly Sins, tbh. The part with Elizabeth's power at the end of the first season was so lame, and Meliodas is just so bland and off-putting. Merlin's outfit is also so dumb and fan service-y that it's almost insulting. I don't know how anyone is supposed to take that character seriously when she's basically just always walking around in a bikini.

The main reason I've still been kind of slowly working through it is that I really enjoyed the storylines about King, Ban and Diane. King is such an adorable character, and a romance between a male fairy and a female giant feels sort of refreshing to see.

Anime that were mainstream back in the day were devoted for a reason, Death note and yugioh are probably the only anime ill ever watch and aoi bungaku because it's just a animated version of literature. 

Other then that every other Ianime I see is a, Waste of money, time, and potential. 

But now lonely weebs and pathetic teens watch repetitive anime as if being hip is gonna score them socially, wasting time with a escape reality anime 

Like teleporting to another universe where its all fantasy themed 

Or shitty arg

Same plot, uninteresting characters, overused gimmicks, a cheap slut, stuck in a videogame. 

Monster was a wasted potential (Johan was the only reason to watch it) like donnie darko great synopsis a kid befriends a dark deformed rabbit when he tells donnie the world will end in 23 days. Sounds awesome right? Well no 20 mins in its all a wasted potential IT COULD'VE BEEN SO MUCH MORE 

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE POEPLE SELL THEMSELVES THIS SHORT 

I don't know what's worse people that love this shit, or others do this with passion as if its art. 

So the hero academia fandom is absolutely vile, but there's something worse. Hear me out....

Attack on Titan manga readers.

Can you PLEASE type out ONE comment without saying that you have read the manga + a giving a random spoiler? thank you.

10 hours ago, platy said:

Attack on Titan manga readers.

Can you PLEASE type out ONE comment without saying that you have read the manga + a giving a random spoiler? thank you.

OMG you are so right. Catching spoilers is more likely than catching COVID. I‘m so proud of myself that I managed to not peek into the manga (and main reason might be, sorry - hate the original manga style, not on par AT ALL with the anime). I am sooo hyped about the new season. I feel a bit too old for anime nowadays (ok, thats stupid to say, but I mean I feel like 99 % that is out these days is trash), but AoT is soo amazing...it did help tho to watch a video explaining everything so far because I forgot so much xD Can‘t wait for sunday!

@cheesy_VK_Freak I agree with you, the manga art is ugly (although it has improved over time) and this is one of those rare times where the anime actually improves/elevates the manga. But literally not one discussion can be had without comments like this

img%5D 

At the end of the day we're all enjoying the same thing and we're all getting hyped over the same story developments. Why is it such a boner inducing thing that you're ahead of some people by reading the manga? You want a cookie?  I don't get it.

I am super hyped for Sunday, it's what gets me through the week. The point of view shift, the backstories and now the reveal of the hobo. I can't wait to see shit hit the fan :D

Well, the time has come, so I'm just going to say it: Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon is a disgrace of an anime sequel, maybe even the worst one I have seen this year lol. Gonna rant but hide under spoilers cuz...yeah.

Spoiler

If you want to watch this show, go for it, but I'm going to tell you now: If you're looking for a proper Inuyasha sequel, don't bother watching this.

Inuyasha has yet to make an appearance after 12 episodes in..... (EP 1 does not count, as it felt like just useless fan-service filler cameos to hook people).

I think there is only 1 type of demographic that will enjoy this, which is fanfic fans, as the show overall feels like it panders to them heavily.

I also get a slight hint of "inclusiveness" (maybe I'm just an asshole) with their selection of the main characters (all daughters of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru) to represent their way of embracing change in the anime community. Good for them but they should have made a completely new show, not ruin an already recognized anime with this.....whatever it is, fucking Adventures of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's Daughters is what this show feels like.

The plot is poor, the character-building is the worst I have ever seen, and the episodes themselves have all felt like filler, you could skip 1-2 and not miss a damn thing. The only thing saving this anime is their selection of Uru's "Break" as the ending song.

Overall, this is what I refer to as a "play in the background" anime, I can't stress that enough.

You do NOT currently want to have a sit-down-and-watch session with this show because it goes nowhere and you don't miss anything at all if you somehow forget to pay attention for more than one episode.

Unless this show suddenly makes a full 180 and decides to finally build on the recognized characters from the previous series (I wonder if trailers for this show pulled people in with that gimmick of older character appearances...) or improve on the new characters better, it's a lost cause at this point.