Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new album "終焉(shuuen)" release

Pfff at least let me dream. (┯_┯)

Although I'd be the first one to bitch about a bad madeth copy and I don't see them pulling it off, either.

Still. It'd be boring to get another dir en grey album ripoff and the 'clues' so far don't sound like them actually. At least no macabre-vocab.

[track list]
01.-終焉-(shuuen)
02.深淵(shinen)
03.灰降る丘…(haifuru oka)
04.罪-tsumi-
05.殺戮ノ情景(satsuriku no joukei)
06.another pain
07.最期ノ言葉(saigo no kotoba)
08.十字架ニ捧グ赤イ×××(juujika ni sasagu akai ×××)
09.Lost tears
10.潔癖症ノ僕。(keppekishou no boku)
11.alkaloid
12.[子宮](shikyuu)(SE)
13.罰-batsu-
14.黒ノ呪縛(kuro no jubaku)
15.雨上がりの憂欝(ameagari no yuuutsu)
16.-birth-(SE)

So how many of these tracks are old songs? Are there even any old songs?

It actually doesn't look like any of those are old songs?

Wow.

I know they have a few songs that they've only played at live shows, but those don't seem to be on here either. I see they're also doing the tsumi to batsu thing by splitting the name apart and putting them at ooky spooky track numbers.

All new tracks... although by looking at the titles they'll probably be DeG ripoffs again... but I'll probably still enjoy, although much less their first I suppose...

The number of tracks is overwhelming. D : Just by statistics there must be a couple good ones in there!

Can one already preorder?

Yeah, that list looks nice. At least Grieva aren't like Phantasmagoria who would re-release and replay the same 10 old songs over and over.

@Hyura: we all have our dreams :D I'd be very glad as well if Grieva would start to incorporate song structures and influences from other oldschool bands. Even though 90s bands all copied each other resulting in certain elements appearing in a lot of sogs of different groups there is still such a big pool of different styles of the era you could draw inspiration from. I am sure Grieva can pull off a typical Matina sound (Azalea, Mist of Rouge or maybe DAS:VASSER). They probably won't be able to make a pure Madeth gray'll tribute song, because Kyouki's voice doesn't really fit (in my opinion), but if they mix it it would be very awesome (Dir en grey + Madeth mix).

Interesting title of グリーヴァ 2nd Album , I'm looking forward to hear ...
1 -終焉-

2 深淵
3 灰降る丘…
4 罪-tsumi-
5 殺戮ノ情景
6 another pain
7 最期ノ言葉
8 十字架ニ捧グ赤イ×××
9 Lost tears
10 潔癖症ノ僕。
11 alkaloid
12 [子宮]
13 罰-batsu-
14 黒ノ呪縛
15 雨上がりの憂欝
16 -birth-
so , basically , ALL of THEM !!!!!

Wow, that is a lot of songs.

I have the impression that Batsu might as well sound a bit like Tsumi to batsu, mitsu to tsuba...

I just find the release date to be an eternity to wait. u.u

2 sessions have performed at グリーヴァ(Grieva) vs DEZERT 2-man live at Meguro Rock May Kan at 2013/12/24

session I members:
Vo.狂鬼-Kyouki- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Gt.千秋(chiaki) (DEZERT)
Ba.キラ(kira) (DEZERT)
Dr.琉碧-Rui- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

SET-LIST:
01.秘密(himitsu) (DEZERT)

session II members:
Vo.SaZ (DEZERT)
Gt.碌-Roku- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Gt.陽-Haru- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Ba.緋雨-Hisame- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Dr.SORA (DEZERT)

SET-LIST:
01.Dead[en]D (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
02.刑法第39条第1項「心神喪失者ノ行為ハ之ヲ罰セス」(keihou dai39jou dai1kou「shinshinsoushitsusha no koui wa kore wo bassesu」) (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

I am missing a piece of information here. What is this?

it's an unsraw photoset circa 2010/2011 with an extra glazing of creativity by vk's only true reinventors after undercode's powerhouse innovators largely retiring from the scene.

I am missing a piece of information here. What is this?

They're trying to imply that Grieva ripped off the simple black suit from UnsraW

I wonder if they designed the ties. That would be a nice throwback to DEG. Anyone know?

The reason can only be that all vk bands go to the same suit rental service when they are out of money or the costumes designer takes too long.

(Also is it only me or did the grieva guys loose a big chunk of glamour without the colorful hair?)

Suits and ties, almost every VK band has done this by now. If you were that upset about copying, just listen to Tokage. I mean, I like them, but seriously? After something as obvious as Tokage you put them into the copycat chair because they are wearing suits? In comparision, this is a very minor offense. Everybody's friend wears that sooner or later. You don't have to dig through VK to affirm this, it's everywhere, and shit happens. Their songs themselves are much more prone to that kind of criticism. Yet, still most people like them, because they bring a bit of the late 90's back, and that's okay. Now, really, wearing suits with ties should be a non-issue.

Sign in to follow this