Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new album "終焉(shuuen)" release

their new look and album cover have been shown in their OHP since 2014/01/20

their live-distributed single "相剋ノ(soukoku no) / 無常成ル世界ノ解答(mujou naru sekai no kaitou)" will be released at their one-man live "-終焉(shuuen)-MAD death.-" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2014/02/23

omg awesome. *____*

Doesn't sound like any particular previous song to me, but I'm sure the nitpickers will dissect it as usual.  ^_^

Here's the album cover btw~

b8lemt.jpg

This one actually doesn't scream OMG DIR EN GREY at me, I'm happy.

Although the japanese theme, the blood on white fabric paired with black leather and kyoukis styling resembles La'Mules look from their 'curse'-pv a lot.

However, it doesn't sound like them at all, so I guess that's okay.

Nice preview.

The drumming at the beginning kind of reminding me of Kiri to mayu, but they kind of copying themselves because this preview sounds a bit similar to their song called Chuuzetsu, haha. :lol:

the visuals in the pv look pretty awesome. the Album cover just makes me go like: holy fuck! it's so epic it just makes me wanna buy the Album alone for the cover-artwork! but unfortunately (at least for me) their Sound didn't change... still oldschool... not my taste...

That mask looks like it's been plastered straight on girl's face through photoshop.

Either way, I am okay with them having ~some~ DEG worship - BUT NOT in "true grief"-kind of way (I mean seriously, Yurameki?) - and I hope that this sample is the sign of that.

I should be going to sleep, but I just saw the preview and damn... love the outfits! And so far the song is promising. It's not a progression or big change from their other stuff but it's great (and I am totally okay with fast-tempo, aggressive old vk sounds). I get the Kiri to Mayu vibes from the PV as well (and maybe a bit of Ash too?). I actually think the white gowns suit them well, it's something different from their previous all black costumes.

I like the CD cover as well. Now I have to order this. :3

I liked the preview but I would just get rid of the sort of pop-ish style in most of it. At the end the song got more interesting with the heavy drumming and guitars.

but unfortunately (at least for me) their Sound didn't change... still oldschool... not my taste...

They may change anything about themselves except this aspect because 'oldschool' is literally their band concept. (Although I think they could have chosen a nicer concept and still kept the sound oldschool.) So yeah. The band would be completely without purpose if they suddenly sounded 2014.

The PV kinda reminds me of NeiL Disease but just the whole Kyouki being in bandages and singing through a cage. That's about the only similarities and is coincidence than anything else.

I'm digging the preview because like what others said, doesn't just immediately scream DIR EN GREY at you. 

I checked their debut album earlier today because people have been comparing them to the late 90's/early 00's VK bands like Madeth gray'll, Aliene Maφriage, La'Mule, old Dir en grey and so on and I can definitely hear what people are talking about. Not quite sure what I think ofthe production after one listen though, as I've used to like it a bit dirtier than that. I thought the production sounded a bit too modern for that kind of music. But it was promising, and it's an album I'll keep listening to. Hopefulyl I'll get used to the production.

I'm really looking foward to new releases from these guys.

I actually got a little バニックちゃんえる vibe from the preview at the first few seconds. Sounded a bit like  いやがらせ somehow, but yeah, that's about it. The chorus (?) deviated from that. Will definitely listen to it in full.

The album's release might have been pushed back a bit... or at least I got an update from CDJapan on my order that the release date changed to March 12. 

Explains why they haven't added it to their online shop yet.

Looks like they have technique problems during the time making of the album ,

their album 『終焉』 release day delayed from 26th Feb to 12th March !!!!!

Great samples, I'm glad I bought the album :)

so, Who's going to complain first ? what reason ? DEG ripoff ? not enough creativity ? too soon to release an album ? blablabla ?

Probably someone who can't stop saying they're not creative but listens to them all the time

Sign in to follow this