Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new album "終焉(shuuen)" release

It's indeed a little fast. D:

But I liked everything they did so far and since a big percentage of their work is recycled it might really work out to make another album in a small time like this.

If they are "inspired" by dir en grey complete career, they can make 1 album by years without originality and personality...

But their problem isn't to be inspirer but a little bit plagiarism...

I hope this album is more inspired but I think I will like it (I'm fan of DeG so when a band copy their music I like it too ^^)

That's pretty fast indeed. As much as I like them I think they should need a small pause just to find themselves, by which I mean collect more inspirations outside of the Dir en grey Nostalgia hole.

Could this be a producers' thing?

Maybe the people behind them who have all the power demanded that the band sounded a bit like old school Visual Kei Dir en grey...

Or maybe they are composing songs "inspired" by old school VK Dir en grey in order to build a strong enough fanbase and when that happens they will phase out the Dir en grey "inspiration"... Who knows..

Waiting for the album.

Could this be a producers' thing?

Maybe the people behind them who have all the power demanded that the band sounded a bit like old school Visual Kei Dir en grey...

Or maybe they are composing songs "inspired" by old school VK Dir en grey in order to build a strong enough fanbase and when that happens they will phase out the Dir en grey "inspiration"... Who knows..

Waiting for the album.

i sincerely doubt thats related to producers. I mean...They're just too indie for that, they are probably doing what they want to...

I like how they sound but i cant with copycat bands...I wish they could have some creativity this time...

Like almost every VK band ever was at some point churning out releases in a 2/3 month schedule so yeah it's not really a reason to knock on this band specifically

Great great News , even though people keep saying how they look , how they sound like DeG ,
who the hell cares when they are a brilliant visual kei band who plays awesome guitar ,
powerful bass , skillful drums with a fantastic great vocal ,
most of the bands are the same , are they all copying one and another then ??
Having listened to their previous band : リロード ,
they were not much different and グリーヴァ composes are still very similar ,
and If people have to compare them with the indie DeG , my opinion is グリーヴァ doing better than them !

I didn't mention anywhere it was about how fast they are releasing stuff... vk bands always shit 30 releases per year. It's just that every release by these guys until now was just all this cover-fest mess. I don't know, I just look forward to them because they're the closest to an old school revival thing that has happened until now.

It's just the inner me hoping something similar to what happens with new wave and post-punk on the west happens with vk: some small bands releasing lo-fi oldschool inspired releases. No one trying tho

and If people have to compare them with the indie DeG , my opinion is グリーヴァ doing better than them !

gorl please, dir en grey last indies live was in 1998, before their first full album came out & wow at your delusion that grieva is doing anything better than deg

waiting for your faves coming anywhere close to the slaying major dir en grey perfection

I didn't mention anywhere it was about how fast they are releasing stuff... vk bands always shit 30 releases per year. It's just that every release by these guys until now was just all this cover-fest mess. I don't know, I just look forward to them because they're the closest to an old school revival thing that has happened until now.

It's just the inner me hoping something similar to what happens with new wave and post-punk on the west happens with vk: some small bands releasing lo-fi oldschool inspired releases. No one trying tho

That was more in response to the 'they need a break to create a personality!' reactions.

I would dig a lo-fi track on this album.

Wat.jpg

I personally like グリーヴァ more not because I don't like DeG ,

and I listen to DeG when their [Gauze] were out until [Withering to Death.] ,

after this album don't even want to listen anymore (but of course I've try their new stuffs , not my things)

but based of their first few albums (even they majored after the 2 albums when they were still sounds pretty similar to indie) ,

I still like グリーヴァ more ,at least , I normally listened to all their songs and never really skipped one ,

and that's why I said [my opinion is グリーヴァ doing better than them] .

gorl please, dir en grey last indies live was in 1998, before their first full album came out & wow at your delusion that grieva is doing anything better than deg

waiting for your faves coming anywhere close to the slaying major dir en grey perfection

So , you are supporting DeG , and that's for sure .

I'm not surprise or offended by you saying about MY delusion opinion ,

maybe because of DeG start their activities in late 90s and you have listen to them since ,

but the way that people keep comparing them together , because of their style or music compose ,

I have to say the way I feel ,

although I don't think copying an idol (琉碧 and 狂鬼 Loves X JAPAN, Luna Sea then DeG) is a bad concept ,

why can't people think グリーヴァ was inspired by DeG , and it's more like a tribute ,

狂鬼 says it once [DeG is a Great Smart Band makes Great Smart Music , and wanted express the same to their idol !?] ,

so they considered to do the style like their Idol does , revitalize and bring the late 90s great smart music into 2010s

and more importantly , I NEVER SAY I DON'T LIKE DeG , just my opinion about comparing their songs ,

I do listen to グリーヴァ every single songs , but I still have to skipped some tracks from DeG,

that's why I said [my opinion is グリーヴァ doing better than them] .

However , グリーヴァ do compose by their own by revive the old great smart technic ,

to be honest , which bands doesn't play music like the late 90s , 2000s !?

Just the way that most bands put new material like those electronic BG music into the rock ,

or combine different instrument technic to perform differently ,

and fortunately グリーヴァ chosen the great smart music that most bands does in late 90s !

The oneman to go along with the release is called 'MAD death'

Now bring on the speculations of whom they'll copy this time. ; D

Madeths full length also had the working title 生命の終焉.

The oneman to go along with the release is called 'MAD death'

Now bring on the speculations of whom they'll copy this time. ; D

Madeths full length also had the working title 生命の終焉.

Oh my god.

As cool as a Madeth remake would be, it's probably reference to that Mad Stalin stuff Kyo has scribbled on his soap box.

It says that right, please verify Degstans.

I doubt they'll "copy" Madeth (of course that would be cool. Even though I don't think Kyouki could pull off Hisui's singing style). Madness and Death were the top old skewl visual kei clichés (followed by weird erotica and serial murderers). But we'll see, right?

Sign in to follow this