Sign in to follow this  
dibur

Valkyrie Kiss (my band :P)

Hiya hiya hiya!

From lurking and peeking around some of the threads, I've seen/heard that there are a lot of people here with some very good opinions and insight on the whole "JRock-inspired / Visual Kei-inspired" thing. It's an eternal balancing act for those of us who choose to pursue this kind of music outside of Japan, I think.

ANYWAY, that said, this is a 1:40 preview of my band's first single "Set Me Free" (the full song goes live on the 20th).  Would love to hear what y'all think of it.  As a band we really love Janne da Arc, Acid Black Cherry, Dir en grey, and a bunchaothers and stuff  ^u^

Edit: the link now points to the full version of the song on YouTube, since it's, yenno, released and all. ^^

http://youtu.be/QRrARgw5emo

Thank you Artemis!  Hoping that the fates are in favor of both our bands this year. ^w^

@dibur, Btw, the preview in the first post doesn't work anymore! :/

I listened to SET ME FREE. Instrumentally it's pretty ok, there was a pretty damn good guitar solo. I didn't hate it but didn't love it also, which is pretty good since I tend to hate j-rock inspired bands. The riff in the beginning is very nice. 

You're the vocalist, right? You hit the right chords at least to the point where I didn't notice anything but I'm not a pro also. But for me your voice sounded a bit nasal but there was a pretty pleasant tone in it, so with a little practice I know you'd be ten times better.

Keep up the good work! :)

paradoxal, thanks for checking it out and for the feedback!! ^w^

Sign in to follow this