Tetora

Anyone go on lots of dates?

Hey guys,

I have been on many, many dates in my time. I don`t sleep around, but like to go on dates with many different girls, trying to look for one that will stick­.

Anyone else do the same?

I guess what planted the seed of interest in my early days was an interview with Gackt, where he said his favourite hobby was dating girls. I have always been interested in trying it out since then, and eventually learned how to do it.

I have tons of funny and crazy stories too, if anyone wants to hear about that, or just the hobby itself.

Let me know your dating frequency, and any interesting stories of your own!

I've had three girlfriends, yet I think I've only gone on one date ever. I think that means I'm broken XD

To me though, "going on a date" seems like what you'd do to get to know someone, yet with all of my girlfriends I had already known them well beforehand. I guess the idea of a date doesn't really mean much to me either. If I want to go out to the movies or a restaurant with my girlfriend or a potential girlfriend, I don't really think I'd make a big ordeal out of it. I vastly prefer just hanging out with someone at home, since I think that if anything, you'd get to know them better that way then during some movie or when you're both stuffin' food into your faces. I guess I'm lucky that my girlfriend is boring like me and prefers to just stay in instead of going out and doing things together XD

I've been on a fair amount of dates last year, but it's not because it was a hobby (although, I guess based on the amount of time I spent trying to get to know people and then seeing them in person, I guess you could say it did add up to actually being a hobby...).

I don't really have many crazy stories, but I did have a bad habit of not being ready for a relationship, mentally, which caused its fair share of problems. Whomever said "boys don't cry" has never tried to break it off with one (or several...). While I'm not exactly proud that that happened, I did need the experience of seeing a variety of different people to get a better sense of what I want out of someone I could potentially spend my life with.

If I had to pick a craziest, I'd say it was the one time I went to a Chinese restaurant. I barely knew what the guy looked like and he didn't wait for me outside so I had to like...fumble around in a dark place to find someone who -looked- like they were waiting for a date to come in. After talking to him more, all of his stories were pretty much about how he got mad at someone, got drunk, and then did something to fuck up their life. One of his stories was about how he had to go to the bathroom in a class he didn't like and his teacher kept telling him "no." He said something like "Well then I'm going to shit on your projector or I'm going to get up and go" to her to resolve this conflict. I thought I was fairly charming, but I never considered telling such a quality story to someone whom I've just met.

The best part, however, was when he was talking about a "hood rat" he had met while drunk who had a nipple piercing in the wrong way (she had it pierced vertically). He asked me if I knew what kind of piercing that looked like (he used that actual name for it, so I wasn't really sure), and when I said "no," he unbuttoned his shirt and showed me his in the middle of the restaurant.

Oh.

After that, he never texted me again which was because, I'm assuming, I wasn't very interesting to him. I never messaged him either because that's about the point in my life I decided I really wanted standards or something idk

He looks boring, tbh. He's probably a loser making up stories, because he thinks women like such tough and bad boys, hahaha. Also... being alcoholic is such a life achievement he should be proud of, enough to list it on his tumblr. What a gross dude.

@ Nyasagi: I'm a guy, so I don't think he was really out to impress any chicks.

Then he was trying to impress a guy. I doubt it works any different.

Alright since no one else apparently goes on dates here, here's another interesting experience.

I was seeing a guy that mentioned his cousin was really into gaming. I thought that was cool since they lived in the same building together and if things went well it would have also meant I would have gotten to know his family. When he mentioned he liked card games, I said "Oh, I play Magic a lot with my friends. Does he play that?" His answer was "No, that's against the bible so our family isn't allowed to play it."

Needless to say things really didn't work out shortly after that.

Lol at last story.

On the topic of games...

I have actually dated a lot of girls that like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, even girls you would never expect it from...

What is the worst date you guys have ever been on?

Seems like Peace has been on some doozies.

For me, it was when the girl I met at a wedding brought her gay best friend along on our first date... Besides that we had thrilling conversation over her favorite hobbies.... facebook and sleeping. Needless to say there was no second date.

Note: No offence to the religions mentioned

On the topic of religion and relationships, my first serious relationship was one with a Mormon religion. I would've been much more comfortable with other religion as this one is a bit more "out there" in terms of their beliefs, like how their prophet was visited in some place in America and issued physical tablets by God and told to lead. Anyway, their family would hold these weekly family time where they would get their family together and essentially read their bible(I think it was the bible or their religion issued ver.) and discuss about it. I went along to some of these as way to get closer to their family and essentially be more accepted as I wasn't of their religion. The dad was a former pastor of their religion and I was the same ethnicity as they were so they understood my background more or less and assumed I was catholic as my ethnicity is a catholic by majority. During one of these times (and I guess as a test put by the dad), I was asked to explain about a passage just read and comment about. I AM A FUCKING ATHEIST! I bullshitted everything in how the passage related to me or any other conclusions. That was probably the hardest moment ever during my relationship concerning her family and some of the worst times for me overall.

Lol at last story.

On the topic of games...

I have actually dated a lot of girls that like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, even girls you would never expect it from...

What is the worst date you guys have ever been on?

Seems like Peace has been on some doozies.

For me, it was when the girl I met at a wedding brought her gay best friend along on our first date... Besides that we had thrilling conversation over her favorite hobbies.... facebook and sleeping. Needless to say there was no second date.

Sometimes gay guys can be good to talk to in terms of fun conversations.

Sometimes gay guys can be good to talk to in terms of fun conversations.

Yeah, nothing against gay brahs but when a girl brings someone on a date to a restaurant etc.... It is horrid and awkward regardless.

Also nice story about the Mormons, lol, wonder if they bought it.

Yeah, nothing against gay brahs but when a girl brings someone on a date to a restaurant etc.... It is horrid and awkward regardless.

Also nice story about the Mormons, lol, wonder if they bought it.

Back then, I hope they did but now, I just don't care.