blackdoll

rate the vocals

Spin off of Zess's topic, post a song and the person under you rates it 1-10 with a explanation if they would like. songs must include clean vocals since most people are not into harsh. if you don't do harsh please put "pass" instead of a number. You can post the same vocalist twice or more if you feel there is a difference in how he or she is singing.

for example "clean: 7 harsh: 8.5 overall: 9 (.............................................)"

I think ratings are so subjective that they're useless, so I'll try to add a bit more than a scale.

I liked his voice: it kind of gave me a Japanese O.A.R. vibe since it was kind of gruff, but soulful at the same time. This isn't the kind of music I listen to often, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying it. He also was able to sing in tune with the exception of a few seconds here and there, which is to be expected for a live performance.

9/10

This could be fun: 

I think ratings are so subjective that they're useless, so I'll try to add a bit more than a scale.

I liked his voice: it kind of gave me a Japanese O.A.R. vibe since it was kind of gruff, but soulful at the same time. This isn't the kind of music I listen to often, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying it. He also was able to sing in tune with the exception of a few seconds here and there, which is to be expected for a live performance.

9/10

This could be fun: 

Clean: 7

Harsh: 8.5

I heard this song before its a nice one. 

8 really fits the music

I have a soft spot for him.

:3.5:

His vocal style is obviously homage to an early era of DEG's Kyo, and as such it's extremely fitting for their choice in music. However, his vocals aren't something that appeal to me too much on a personal level.

^I don't know why I thought Rin Toshite Shigure with that intro

The vocals are really good, they have some power behind them even though the chorus doesn't feel stronger with the vocals. The vocals remind me a bit of Kelun or Sambomaster, one of those two. I could definitely get into his voice though

someone please help me so that the window can pop up on the forum? Someone teaches me and then the system changes and the method is different)

6 really didint do anything for me.

7.8 Kyouki isn't sounding all too different here from his recent songs in Grieva, but I feel his growls and screams have become better now, therefore not a full 8 or 9. (and I like his singing better in Grieva too)

7.8 Kyouki isn't sounding all too different here from his recent songs in Grieva, but I feel his growls and screams have become better now, therefore not a full 8 or 9. (and I like his singing better in Grieva too)

^ ummmm you forgot to leave a video, but his screams are cute now in grieva not harsh, so reload got that. Growls yeah dead end was better, singing is not better for me, i miss less manlier voice from relaod, now its less emotion. anyway ill go again since you missed the video part of the game.

^ 5/10. He's not a bad vocalist... but he always sings in that goofy voice, which just makes him sound ricidulous. This song doesn't showcase his vocals well anyway since the range is very limited and the melodies are pretty simple.

If he'd sing using his normal voice, I'm sure he'd actually be a decent vocalist.

http://youtu.be/jrQ_GXqu0Us?t=33s

(how do I make a youtube vid appear in the post?)

6 not my thing.

(how do I make a youtube vid appear in the post?)

Put the actual link of the video on your post (the link from the address bar, not the embedded link that you posted)

@topic 10/10 duh *_* one of my favorite Kaya songs, although I'm not super into Kaya anyway. I love his voice here, mixed with the screams which were pretty badass, and he just makes the song sound a bit seductive, I guess.

@Hizakami: thanks! So no tags whatsoever?

@blackdoll: wow, great review there. Very inspirational. You sure have your way with words I see.

Also this one doesn't count for the thread, sorry! Can't listen right now, so it's up for grabs.

Getting back to the Adore Delano song: The vocals feel a little generic - I wouldn't be able to tell who it was if I heard the song on the radio next to a bunch of pop artists - but I don't dislike them, and the rap-ish bits were kind of cute too, so I'll say 7/10.

i dont like it the tone or something is a turn off.

Nice screaming vox in the beginning, it reminds me a bit of old-school death metal (a welcome change in this 'core music style). LOL those low ones were surprising but cool too. I like the melodic singing too, but more so from 1:17, the other parts it sounds a bit silly / unmemorable. Surprisingly good overall! :D Something like an 8/10.

Continuing with a br00tal/clean switching combo too~ (tho here it's actually 2 dudes)

ummmm 7/10 loved the death growls