Tetora

How much do you follow your favorite bands? (Questionnaire)

Visual Kei and Japanese pop/sub cultures in general seem to have many intense fans or fan communities that live and breath the art-form or artist in question.

I think it would be interesting to discuss just how heavily we follow our favorite bands, and what lengths we go to in our appreciation and / or worship.

As for me, I am a pretty big fan, I like to get all versions of singles / albums, and full discographies of  favorite bands, even Best albums... I follow on Ameblo, browse Twitters when I can`t sleep. Like to know which Kanji all band members use in their names, etc... As for picks (plectrum), Cheki, etc... For my favorite band I love these, but for other bands I couldn`t care less for plectrum, etc... I will just give them to people who seem to want them. Band-shirts I always long for. I guess my own style is influenced by VK too...

Here are some questions to get the ball rolling on the conversation, feel free to answer them and / or type a little about how much you follow VK bands!:

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

2: Do you collect cheki or other non-music related items from bands?

3: Follow them on Ameblo, Twitter?

4: Would you follow them on the street?

5: Dig through their trash? (Judgment-Free-Zone)

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life?

7: Desire to move or visit Japan influenced by music?

8: Do you read dirt-sheets of bands, like rumours, gossip, etc...?

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? (JFZ)

10: Do you want to be in a Visual Kei band (or any other kind of band)?

Feel free to speak of other genres and your fandom as well if you please.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

I do buy stuff here and there, but I don't buy multiple versions of one release. I feel like it's sort of a rip-off, so I always just go with one version (usually the reguar).

Depends. I never understood why people want chekis so badly, to be quite honest, so I'd never spend money on them. What I do buy though is mostly posters and tour shirts...that's it really. I do like catching picks and drum sticks though, I see it as a nice souvenir from a concert! (even though I've never actually caught one because I'm a midget)

No, I can't understand what they're saying, so I don't see the point, haha.

No, I wouldn't. I feel like following them in the street seems like a form of harrassment? It's hard to explain but when these people are outside just minding their own business I feel like you should just let them do that once they give off signals that they don't want to be bothered. It's different if the artist approaches the fans themselves though.

Nope.

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life?

I don't think it does? Of course I have songs that can cheer me up or get me off my feet, but not much more than that. I never dressed or changed my personal life due too music.

Yep! I'm not planning on moving there, but I would love to visit one day to see some of my favourites live and do some sightseeing as well.

I'm not interested in gossip surrounding the bands I listen to. I really don't mind if someone has 200 love children all throughout Japan or if they spend all their money on cocaine, as long as their music is awesome! (unless it's extremist cases like them supporting neo-nazism or smth of the sorts lol)

Sometimes I think "hey, it would be fun to hang out with the guys from cinema staff because they seem pretty funny", but that's it really. Friendships come naturally after all, it's nothing that can be forced.

Sadly I lack any form of musical talent for being in a band, haha. I think I'll just stick to enjoying music instead of (poorly) attempting to make it :P

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all?

I buy stuff if I can't find it online or I really, really want it. I wouldn't buy more than one version of a release, but I will buy a limited edition instead of regular if the bonus sounds good enough (a long live DVD from a band that doesn't have a lot of live footage, for example) and the price isn't ridiculous. Then again, recently I've just been buying stuff off iTunes since the shipping tends to triple the price, and as much as I like album artwork and lyrics, I am also incredibly cheap. 

I usually buy T-shirts, I have a towel, and I wouldn't be opposed to stuff like keychains or buttons and stuff, if that counts. I have bought some used VK magazines at anime conventions for the pictures and in the hope that I would be able to read them at some point, but I would never spend money on something like cheki.

I usually keep track of one or two bands I'm really into at the time and just sort of skim through the rest of my Twitter feed. Ameblo is kind of annoying because you can't just scroll through it and get a quick idea of what they're up to, so I don't bother with it very often. I prefer to follow bands on Facebook (well, the few that have one and use it frequently), since they usually update it in English and tend to keep it restricted to more important stuff than "I ate these cute snacks today, they were delicious. Here are three pictures of them."

I'll say "Oh, it's __" to my friend and watch them do whatever for a minute or so from where I am, but it kind of bothers me when people actually follow bands around town because while they're at the venue, convention, etc. they're working, and they should be allowed to go get a sandwich or whatever in peace. Everyone needs a break.

Absolutely not. I don't understand that mindset at all.

I took a Japanese class in university as one of my electives partially because I like the music so much and wanted to be able to understand the lyrics, and I've met a lot of people because of it, so there has definitely been some effect. I don't think there's been any visible effect on my style, though. 

Visit, yes. No desire to move to Japan.

Sometimes. I have a weak spot for funny rumours and gossip about bands I like. It's more for entertainment value than anything, though.

No, not really.

Nope.

The main fangirl thing I do is translate lyrics (poorly) from bands I love that I don't think will get translated otherwise. (Usually meaning non-VK rock bands) I figure at least that way I can use all the obsessive energy for something relatively useful. Plus I've picked up lots of interesting new words from doing it.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

Depends on which band. For some bands I buy selected releases; for my favorite bands I'll try to "collect" the different editions of the same release. Sometimes I'm foolish enough to get multiple copies of every edition of the release. So yeah, someone please stop me XD

I generally don't care for cheki. But photosets are always nice - they allow me to see how the aesthetics of a band evolve over time. Band t-shirts are fun to have too - although to be honest, the design for those is usually terrible :P

I don't have Ameblo. I have Twitter and have followed some people on it, but I hardly keep track of what they're saying (if I do that I'd have no time for anything else).

If you mean stalk them, then no. But I'll try to get an autograph or have a photo taken with them ;)

5: Dig through their trash? (Judgment-Free-Zone)

No.

Yes, my interest in street fashion was partially inspired by visual kei. Although it could have been other way round. 

Music was what got me interested in Japan when I was much younger: it made me really want to learn the language. Although, having lived in Japan for some time previously, I've come to disabused myself of an overly "romanticized" view of the country. 

I've stumbled on some of those before, and in all honesty (at least for a period of time) they did make me "enjoy" visual kei less. At the end of the day, most of these rumors are false anyway, and since there's virtually no way to distinguish between what's true and false, why waste my time/energy on them where I can better use the time for something more productive and enjoyable?

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? (JFZ)

Actually, yes, lol. It's only natural I guess. Some of these people seem like really fun/kewl people to hang out with. But I won't say I'm obsessive about it.

Yes... but given that I can't sing and the instruments I play (piano, classical guitar, flute) aren't "band instruments," there's no chance of this happening ;_;

I buy new and old releases all the time, but usually only one version. Since I'm a music person first and foremost, I tend to choose the edition with the bonus track(s) where available. I only have a couple of items in more than one version, and that's because I found an alternate super cheap while in Japan.

Nope, this is what makes me a collector more than a fan. My interest in buying items is purely down to the discography. Live-dist and store exclusive CD/DVDs are the crown of my collection. I'm also a fan of lossless so the more I can get hold of, the better.

No, I don't have either of those. Occasionally I look through a band member's Ameblog, though usually for high-res album art or live setlists rather than much interest in their personal life. I have a bit of a thing for making playlists out of one-man setlists, particularly tour finals.

I want to say no, since I'm definitely not that kind of fan, but if I could be certain it was someone from one of my favourite bands or a musician or vocalist in the scene that I really respect, I would of course try to approach them for a photo or something.

Nope, no interest there. Not really sure what people would aim to find there. I mean, it's unlikely they'd throw out something valuable like clothing or accessories in their regular trash. Especially in Japan, where it's divided into burnable and non-burnable, and that's it.

Absolutely, music is such an important part of my life. I have some distinctly visual kei clothing, which I wear most to concerts and the like where I'll be with the crowd, but for the most part I like a more toned-down style - think DELUHI toward the end. That said, clothes are super expensive and with my music collector side I don't often get to buy a lot of them.

Hahahahaha. This message brought to you from Hino, Tokyo. Welcome to the summary of the last few years of my life.

Only if it crops up on one of the blogs or forums like this site that I frequent. Like I said before, I have little interest in the band members' personal lives - I don't subscribe to celebrity culture and I hate the way 'famous' peoples' lives are so exposed to the media. It's really none of our business.

Yeah, sometimes. It would be cool to hang out at a bar with a couple of the guys and just chat about the VK scene, have a good time. A friend of mine met Kihiro from UNDIVIDE/LOKA once and he sounds like a lot of fun to go out with. Meeting band members outside of their performance persona would be a really cool way to get to know them.

Well I do still have that childhood dream of fronting a rock band, but at this point I'm pretty convinced it's not gonna happen. Thank God for karaoke and nights when I'm home alone then.

I once got both limited and standard version of the GazettE's single "VORTEX," just so I could get the poster... that is no longer on my wall. XD I was a pretty big DIR EN GREY collector several years ago; I bought 2 copies of 鬼葬, so I'd have both versions that only differ in artwork.

Similar to what CAT5 stated, I love buying CDs, I hate the idea of CDs becoming obsolete, but I don't have any disposable income, so I can't just buy any CDs that I want all the time. But now, even if I were rich, I wouldn't buy multiple types of a CD, unless the content of the actual disc was different, such as alternating bonus tracks or whatever.

Not really. I used to always buy merch when I was going through my goth phase in my teen years, I'd always get t-shirts whenever I could, but I have ZERO history of collecting polaroids. Right now, if I'm spending my money on anything relating to the band, it's only the music.

I would follow them ALL, if I had both of the following:

- A twitter account or Ameblo whatever

- Proficiency in the Japanese language

I have neither, so I'm not following anyone...

No. I have a strange way of working; I tend to increase the distance between myself and those I respect. They may think I'm cold, but at least they don't think I'm a clingy stalker! :P

No, but I'd love to catch someone doing that!

I buy clothes from Express and American Eagle, so I'm going to go with... no! I listen to Visual Kei and Metal, almost exclusively, but I wouldn't say that I dress like it.

Hmmmm.....  CLOSET CHILD SHOPPING SPREE!!!

jk, I'd LOVE to visit. I've always been interested in Japanese culture, but I wouldn't live there unless I could afford to live as a freelancer with a rich doctor husband... or something like that.

I read a rumour that RUKI (the GazettE) hates yo-ka (DIAURA)? That's all I know. I don't really care about rumours, though.

I honestly don't really imagine myself meeting any of them XD

There are some people I'd be interested in meeting, though. I'd be interested to meet マモ (R指定), I've always been a little curious to know where his obsession with self mutilation stems from.

I cannot see myself being a musician. Ever! However, I'd LOVE to be a mastering/mixing engineer for a VK band! There are so many releases from the past that I'd loooooooooove to remaster/remix (and when I say remix, I don't mean "make a stupid club mix with two verses from the song on repeat"); it'd be interesting to hear what the GazettE's DIVISION FRAGMENT [ARTERY] would sound like with all the beep-hoops removed. It'd be fun to make a 5.1 mix of a release as well.

A: I don't really buy many or any cd's at all for the time being. At least until i start making some more money. I'm a poor college student but i guess that isn't an excuse to not buy any cd's. :P 

A: No but i wouldn't mind to have some of those things in the future. :)

A: Yes, I follow most of my favorite artists on twitter who have an account there. I also try to translate ameba if i am looking for information about some band members. 

A: Hmm... if i just saw them out of the blue walking down the street? part of me would want to go up and say hi but i wouldn't say i would follow them around though lol

5: Dig through their trash? 

A: Yeah and collect their hair strands.. just kidding :P 

A: Yes for sure, I'd say visual kei is a part of my heart and way of being. Both aesthetically and the music too is very important to me.

A: When i finally force myself to learn the language i would love to visit/live there potentially.

A: Depends... i guess..

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? 

A: Honestly? yeah, it would be cool to get to know some of my favorite artists. 

A: Yep and i have a project influenced by 90s visual kei music so of course. 

Yes, I do. Not of many bands, but of the very few I care the most for. The bands I collect doesn't usually release 5 different versions of every album, even though a lot of them have had plenty represses over the years. I know Sigh's "Scorn Defeat" exist in at least 15 different versions. and my goal is to get all of those, as well as every other release of their other albums.

A few of these releases have gotte a new, fabolous vinyl release the last few years and they are all out in two different versions. One where the vinyl's regular black, and one where the vinyl's coloured. I will also haunt down the versions I do not own of these. If I own "Scorn Defeat" in black I'll buy the coloured version too. My ultimate goal is 100% complete discography.

But this is a curse, because it's bloody expensive. I want the other version of the Scorn Defeat 3LP that I already have, and the chepeast out there right now is 101USD. That's more than twice as much as I paid for it a couple of years back. And the regular price for the two demos I want from the same band are 140 and 120USD. That's a lot of money for 7 and 13 minutes of music, on cassette tape, released 20 years so, which means it won't sound thaaaat good now. So as I said, it's a curse. And this just goes on, considering there's so many releases I want from the band. It'll take years and massive amounts of money to get it all.

Nah, not really. I mean, I pick up picks and drum sticks and what not if they're thrown to me/close to me, but I don't collect or make a big deal out of it. I don't fight to get it or anything like that.

I don't know what ameoblo is, and I don't have a twitter. But I do read Sigh's twitter to check for news and all that. But that's it.

No.

The fuck? No. Jesus.

In what way? Clothing? No. Do I become influenced by the message in certain bands lyrics, such as satanism, racism, anti-christianity, politics and so on? No.

No. Or, I would love to visist Japan, holefully for several months straight, or half a year for that matter, but then again, that goes for a huge amount of countries in the world and is not related to music whatsoever. I'm not any more interested in Japan than in South-Korea, France or Germany.

Yes. Sometimes. But it's often on a more serious scale than just rumours and gossip. Like Blake Judd being an asshole junkie. Why does this matter to me you say? Because he's a rip off, and because of this I know never to do any business with him. That's the kind of shit I read about.

No.

Yes, because I am interested in music.

Yes. Sometimes multiple copies. In store privileges hollaaaaa.

Yes. Cheki are where the money is for them. It's like handing money to the band. (Of course, second hand cheki isn't like that. But 99% of my cheki was from lives). Also most of my cheki are pretty sentimental for me.

I also like towels (shows off who you are there for + a lot of bands have at least one song where you use the towel in furi).

Also, picks+drum sticks. Just ones I catch (I'm at 1 drumstick, 7 picks as of this post). I've yet to buy one (I would for maybe 3 bandmen though).

Yeah. But I'm pretty lazy about reading.

Not particularly. I have demachi'd before and talked to them outside the livehouse after a live/after they finish a set.

No.

Hm, well, I do dress a lot more differently now than I used to. Wearing jeans+a t-shirt used to be very common for me, now it's rare and I absolutely don't do it to a live. Personal life.....uh I talk about VK? People know me as the crazy that goes to lives on the weekends? Idk.

I live in Japan. Partially influenced by music, but I am interested in the culture, I got the job, etc etc. 

Occasionally I go on tanuki but that is for specific reasons. (setlists, if something happened and a member is unexpectedly taking a break from activities, etc)

Hm, I guess I occasionally think about it. But not particularly. I enjoy talking to bandmen; it's like a second hobby of mine. But I don't particularly fantasize or try to cross the border between fan and friend. I like being a fan.

As a kid I really wanted to be in a band. I used to play bass. But I gave up that dream and enjoy being a bangya instead. I don't particularly have any desire to be in a band now. 

going to answer all of them with only one band in mind~

I buy all types.

No chekis , but i have some other merchandise.

i check their ameblo, but i dont follow them with an account.

lol no

no?

No.

already visited and no to moving

No.

No.

No.

well that was boring~

I buy whatever I can, from the bands that I enjoy.

However, I only buy more than 1 version, if I deem them different enough to justify that.

Only if they come along as a bonus, although I do like to buy towels, they're quite nice to have.

Some of them I do follow, by no means all.

Nope, never.

No.. not my thing.

Not too sure on that, I've been part of the alternative lifestyles before I got into VK, but it certainly helped me being motivated enough to keep it.

Yes, absolutely, when the bands doesn't tour around me, I'll have to tour around them.

Only if my friends tell me about it, not something I dig up on my own.

Already there.

Hell no, never, I'm not worthy of that.

Being a jobless teenager sure has it's downsides, so at the moment I buy nothing. As for buying in the future, I highly doubt I'd buy multiple versions. I guess it also depends on the artist, though, but most releases are way too expensive for me to do that.

Not as of yet, but I'd like to have band t-shirts in the future. Collecting picks and drumsticks is also that something interests me, but I think cheki is rather pointless. I might collect a few chekis of my favorite artists, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them all the time.

I don't have an ameblo, but I like to check certain artists blogs sometimes. Mainly just for the purpose of looking at some cute pictures of theirs. I follow most of my favorite artists on twitter, simply because I like to read the little bits of information they post. It's a lot better than trying to read through a long blog post on ameblo.

I might ask for an autograph, if the time seemed right, but as for following them around...no. I thought that was harassment anyway ;_;

They deserve to be able to walk through the street without being bombarded by fans.

I didn't even know people did this. Uh, not something I'd do.

I mean, I studied Japanese for a few years because of Visual Kei making me interested in it. It has of course, made me more interested in fashion, hair, and make up, but other than that...I wouldn't say it's "influenced" anything for me.

7: Desire to move or visit Japan influenced by music

I'll admit that the idea of moving there is pretty tempting, but I highly doubt I'd be comfortable living there. I'd absolutely love to visit though, and hope to be able to do it one day.

Music is my main priority, of course, but when I need a good laugh I'll read them. 

Maybe not fantasize, but I think it'd be kind of neat to hang out with a band member here and there. I doubt I would actually go out of my way to be friends with one, though. It's just something that comes naturally.

I would hate to be in an actual poppy-glitzy-sparkly visual band, but I would certainly love to be in some sort of shoegaze or post-punk unit, like G-SCHMITT or nookicky (or maybe even something gothy like velvet eden). Sadly enough, I'm not skilled enough in the instruments I play to do that, so I'll continue staying a fan.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

When I had money to buy CDs I used to buy all versions, minus the albums, because the price of one is too high to buy all versions of it.

Yeah, when I had money I bought that stuff.

Yes, I do.

No. Come on, everyone needs some privacy. It would be rude to follow them.

Never. Dig in the trash? That's pathetic, lol.

Yes, it does. I make friends with the same interests, for example (because this kind of hobby is rather not understood by people not interested in it), I also blog about it, it takes a huge part of my life.

I'd like to visit Japan, but I don't know if I'd like to move there, because I don't know what it's like there. It might be extremely difficult to get a job in Japan.

I read the translations of tanuki rumors xD. But I don't take it seriously.

Yes, I would like to be friends with some band members. I think it would be fun :)

I would like to be in a band, yes, but I've wanted that since I was a child. I don't know if I'd like to be in a visual kei inspired one, though. Most of these bands aren't really good... I just want to be in a band that makes good music I also like.

I only follow one VK band so that's pretty relevant to my answers.

I buy all their stuff, but they don't release stuff like A-type/B-type though I have bought two copies of a single to attend two instores.

Yes, I buy cheki every concert, and I've bought wristbands, a towel, and Tshirts.

Follow them on Twitter, don't talk to them though (maaaybe I'll reply if they specifically ask a question like music recommendations which they have done)

I've seen them all at clubs before because the vocalist DJs, so I really have no reason to follow them anywhere, they just hang out?

Um, no.

Not really, though I frequent a rock bar if that counts as "personal life".

I live in Japan, and my desire to study Japanese at all was influenced by music.

I follow the tanuki threads for the lulz, though I actually really don't care what the members do in their personal lives

Not really? I interact with a lot of people in the music business here, but I don't want to be their friends. Seishirou of SFTS likes chatting with me in English and will buy me drinks though haha

I kind of half-jokingly half-seriously want to be the vocalist of a meth. cover band.

I didn't used too, but now I kind of do and I hate it haha.

Paying 15$ for a tiny ass polaroid is ridiculous!  But don't care if people buy them, but I like to get magazines that have my favorite bands, don't really care about mirrors or t-shirts.

Yes...

No.  But if I saw Toshiya on the street I would probably stare like a rude asshole.

No.

Style, don't think so.  I shop for clothes at thrift stores and don't really care but I pretty much wear skirts over pants everyday.  Personal life? I don't know.

Hell yes.  Want to visit really bad and go to all the awesome stores/events/concerts.

Um, no.

Haha, that's a secret.

I don't think I could be in any band.

I've only done this once because CDJapan had a promotion to get a poster if you bought two copies. So I did! One copy was for a friend for Christmas though.

Not intentionally. I have a bunch of posters from Arithmetica, I have a bunch of checkis from the RIP UCP special bags, and posters from being the best Versailles fan ever. The collection I have is all accidental.

Some people, yes. Still bitter as fuck that Yuuga replied to Josh before me.

Depends on who, but just to say 'hi' and maybe take a #selfie, but after that I'd leave them alone.

Do you mean data mining their shitty websites? If so, then yes.

Yes, it has prevented me from making friends and caused me to no longer be afraid of drag queens.

Yes, as well as learn the language. Now I'm so nihon jin it almost itais.

I read a Juka x Mana skat porn once. Does that count?

Kei from Vior Gloire replied to one of my tweets once, so we're like already friends so

I think it'd be cool to be in a band. The visual aspect would only happen if I have the production value for it: I hate the half-assed euro-kei look, and I'd need to make friends who know how to paint. I highly doubt I'd be successful, so it would turn into just singing moi dix mois covers for my immediate family.

If they are different types, which contain different songs i'll buy them all. If I really like the band, of course.

No.

Not interested in it.

Maybe just for asking an authograph or photo. But not stalking

No way.

Not really.

Visiting would be nice. Moving? Hell no!

I don't want to know such info.

I doubt it could ever happen.

Nope, i'm not musically talanted.

My answers are so boring :-(

If it's my favorite band, definitely I'd buy all of their CD's. Of course. :3

Only from my favorite members/bands. xD Mainly tees, wristbands, towels, and stuff like those I'm going to use. c:

Yup, I follow them on Ameblo/Twitter. Even if someone got an ameba group, I'll be there. uvu

Of course. c: It'd be interesting to be a vk little stalker.

Eww... xD I don't wanna be a stalker anymore. :c (?)

Yeah, surely. n - n But I also have my own "style/life". I'm all mixed with this and that and blah blah blah. ; _ ; (?)

Definitely. And I like the fact that it's a wonderful world. c:

I used to... But since I realized they seem to be very dirty and "nonsense", I got tired of them. xD I'd be so bored to read them again.

Maybe. I had thought what would be like to be a friend of them, mostly of the oshare-kei ones. uvu Most of them seem to be very friendly, funny, hot, gorgeous, trendy, funny, childish, cute, fabulous, lovely... so... at least I guess I fantasize to have friends like them, but I just got alternative/goth/emo-scene/punk/hardcore/-ish friends. xD

I'm aaaaalways dreaming about it. When there's a VK song I like a lot, I'm acting like all the members on a PV/Live. Vocalist *being dramatic with my body, dancing, furi, headbanging, and other awkward things. *talkingandscreamingtothe'crowd'* xD*, bass/guitar *acting like if I were performing and standing on the high little stage and doing my gt./ba. solo being glamourus(?). xD*, drums/piano/andalltheotherinstruments *Yup. Being perfect like Yoshiki. (?)*

Now that I have my own credit card, I've bought one single from Merry so far, and I plan to buy more, such as Lin's Chaotic Resistance. *_*

Yeah, Megaromania chekis. I wanna buy more items!!

Ameblo: I stalk Gara and Sui's blogs. Sometimes the rest of Lin too, to see what the band's up to.

Twitter: I follow Sui, Kisaki, and Cero, and also Chikage and Merry's official Twitter.

Ehhhhh........I'd be too scared to approach them. I'd probably end up crying.

Yeeeeee, sometimes. All bands do have trash, nobody's perfect.

Yeah, as of lately. I'm even more interested in fashion, and I want to learn Japanese, partially to know what they're saying, and what it's like for them in Japan.

I JUST MENTIONED THAT. Hell yeah, I'd like to visit Japan, but I wouldn't go so far as to actually live there.

YEAAAAAAAAAAH, lately. Especially pertaining to Kisaki of course, and a bit from Merry, which surprised me.

eh.............yeah.

Kinda.....................but I'm no musician so not really.

I do, but only for two artists; who are Kamijo and Kisaki. I never even really play my CDs, some of them even end up in my drawers with the plastic still sealed around them. For me there's just something nice about having them.

I do. I currently have about 150 cheki, mostly related to UCP. There's also posters and some photosets (which I stopped collecting, by the way, I am just not selling what I own right now), but they mostly came with CDjapan's releases.

I am not really active on Ameblo anymore, but whenever there's an interesting post linked via Twitter, I click on it. Their use of social media is mostly around Facebook and Twitter, so it's natural I follow them there.

I would totally depend on the environment and whether or not they are surrounded by friends. I would not necessarily follow/stalk them, but perhaps (if I were capable of any proper Japanese), politely greet them and be on my way.

No. I am not one to lurk at the bottle-necks from water-bottles I catch. I just drink from them because things are extremely hot around, and then toss them away (as an example). To think there are actually people who would chew on or frame used gum... it makes me shiver.

It doesn't. I've never been one to dress extravagantly since it just looks ridiculous in your personal life when you are trying to represent someone who is to fit in this society, in my opinion. On stage it would be fine, but not on the streets or at home, or in a professional work place that isn't related to music or fashion.

Visit, yes. If Kisaki ever gets it in his head to travel overseas, then no. Because then I've seen all of my favourite VK artists. Although seeing them a multiple amount of times wouldn't hurt, aha.

It's hard to avoid them, really. Almost everywhere I look around for information on my favourite artists, there is dirt on them. It somewhat aggravates me as their personal lives are completely non-related to their career, but we all know over-zealous fangirls like to pry into things. There is sex everywhere. I really don't need to know how many STD's they've had or what size their junk is, it kind of spoils everything.

Of course. Fantasizing is healthy, on a normal degree. Or well, normal— at least where you aren't so terribly desperate as to send them inappropriate things or begin to live in the illusion that they actually know of your existence. Or stalk them aftward.

No.

Reviving this thread, because I like answering such things...

For my favorite band, I'll buy all releases and versions because I really like collecting things, and occasionally multiple copies for privileges etc. For others, I buy some releases here and there, but not 100% of them.

I think cheki are expensive af for tiny little polaroids, but at the same time the collector in me wants to have them too, so I've compromised with myself by collecting them only for one band. I do like collecting photosets. As for other merch, I'll rarely buy it unless I'm at a live; I have some t-shirts/towels/posters I've gotten that way.

Yes.

No.

lol, no.

Not really.

Yes! I've visited, and there were many factors that motivated me to do it, including music.

From time to time I'll do it, for the lulz.

No.

Nope!

iTunes is the easiest I do, besides it, I only try get the live limited singles.

I would like to have bracelets from all bands I like.

Also t-shirts and parkas are a love history.

Yes!

Depends lol, I would go to ask a photo or autograph, not follow.

Hell no, this is bizarre.

Yes!

In part yes.

Nop.

Why not? x'D

Drums would be more than welcome, but without the vk make-up and shiny cloths please.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? I buy when I can, which isn't often. The only band whose releases I'm currently buying as they come out are The Gallo. I don't buy multiple versions of releases. 

2: Do you collect cheki or other non-music related items from bands? No. I'm not interested in cheki, flyers, or shirts. Just CDs are fine. 

3: Follow them on Ameblo, Twitter? I follow a lot of people on Twitter, but I only have notifications set up for The Gallo

4: Would you follow them on the street? Ew never. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, so it's only right to give them the same respect. 

5: Dig through their trash? holy shit

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life? Visual kei definitely is my fashion style and has been for a very long time. 

7: Desire to move or visit Japan influenced by music? I have a desire to visit and go to lives, but I've never been there, so it would be hard to say whether I'd want to live there. 

8: Do you read dirt-sheets of bands, like rumours, gossip, etc...? No. I don't really care. Adults having consensual sex with other adults isn't really a "juicy" topic for me. I find the whole visual kei gossip fixation to be overwhelming and tacky. I look at it sometimes if I'm bored, but it's not something I keep up with. I try not to project my own values on band guys, so it would take a lot to shock me and change my opinion of someone, anyway. They'd have to do something really bad. 

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? Yeah but not like sexy fantasies. It's more like "I'd have a beer with them" I guess. 

10: Do you want to be in a Visual Kei band (or any other kind of band)? I am not musically talented.