Sign in to follow this  
whitegrey

really "strange" PVs

Somehow I didn't find an appropriate topic for this? To be more specific; I don't mean just funny PVs or bad / crappy / shocking PVs neither PVs where members just mess around - I mean PVs that seem to be a bit deeper and totally make you scratch your head or where you don't get the meaning or parts of it; the ones that are really strange and / or confusing due to the content or story, a bit deeper then just "WTF" (I hope somebody gets my point here - sorry if not, I know it sounds unusual :P)... I'd love to get some Youtube samples here, maybe stuff that's not so well known.

-> Just a sample I recently stumbled upon. Reason; grapes ?!?

140303021152360862.jpg

No, seriously. 
It's weird, and I don't get a shit about that PV. In other words, wtf ? 

Only thing I've to say is that Japanese will never stop to impress me.

Otherwise, I don't know why, but I really like the song.

Strange, indeed!  Cool song too.

Here's some 2 really strange PVs off the top of my head:
ぐしゃ人間 (Gusya Ningen) - ババアの祈り
There's some very disturbing nose/nostril play in this one. Nose bleeds/boogers included.

宇宙人 (uchu-jin) - 惡の華
Outlandish costumes, freakout dancing, traipsing in the fields and rotoscopy = winning formula

oh, I love Kiiiiiii actually! I know them for quite a while, they have this nice artsy and child-like approach - but I think I get it, so I don't consider it strange - I see it as a sub-genre (other artists in pico pop or minimal electronica also do similar things as far as I remember)...

but then I found this here where I'm not too sure about the intent... it is compareable to Kiiiiiii at some point I guess...

I've always loved this PV, and while it is pretty self-explanatory, it still comes off as a bit strange. Has a bit of a strong radical/feminist vibe to it, I'd say. (The name of the song basically translates to "girl's war" afterall..." Just my opinion though. I'm sure it doesn't come off as strange to many ;o;

Also, strangely enough, I was going to link the Gusya Ningen video above, but it seems someone already beat me to it! o:

another good hint for strange PV's are HIFANA... they have these crazy animated PV's with unique characters. But it matches their music style perfectly so I see it in a good way - it's very nice stuff actually. I can see why some people might find it strange tho.

HIFANA - Hanabeam

HIFANA - WAMONO

and then there are PVs with all cutesy images and music where you'd never expect what happens later on...

this one would be a good example (the fun starts at around minute 2:00 if you can't stand the happy part);

Oishiihanashi - Pink Fluffy Monster

I have always liked this PV:

PARADOX by MORRIE

It features a whole bunch of symbolism, comparisons to pre-existing works of art, as well as historical events, and even some instances that some may think are eerily similar to what would unfold in the future (there is a scene that you could easily compare to 9/11). It creeps me out a little, especially when you dont know if they are really trying to be deep, or just messing around to make an interesting vid or get people talking.

Beware of slight nudity that is in the BG of one part. (Fellas, you are going to want to check out the teddies behind Morrie during the later half of the video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da4w7sTaW5k

Sign in to follow this