Bear

New retro wave/retro electro/synthwave

Oh hail yes they are. Lots to dig into and check out on both. I really love those electronic soundtracks to those 60's and 70's sleazy and often semi-erotic horror films.

Yesterday was another amazing night of killer synth mayhem, courtesy of Lazerpunk and Carpenter Brut.

Lazerpunk basically did a short version of the same-ish set he did before Perturbator, what a fun show to watch! The guy gets really into it, and it was cool to see him rockin' the mic again in a song with (hellishly distorted evil robotic) vocals. There was some annoying technical malfunction mid-set, so I'm guessing he had to shorten it even more, but it was a nice quick warm-up nevertheless.

Carpenter Brut was m-a-s-s-i-v-e!! The live drums really bring out the beast in all the songs. Dude was pounding away like no tomorrow, expert precision and some fun fills/variations too. I couldn't hear much of the guitars most of the time (except at more 'airy' parts) but they didn't seem to add anything substantial to the songs, but it was a nice touch I guess. Also, gotta give major props to the master himself at the synth, he really worked his ass off. Keyboards, effects, random knobs and tweaks and such, laptoppin', electronic percussion, you name it. Can't recall the setlist by song titles but it was a good hour long kinda. All excellent bangin' songs, lots of dancing and jumping around. A+ gig.

Here are some cool photos one of my pals did: http://infinitebeat.hu/carpenter-brut-f-lazerpunk-quixotic-a38-2015-09-12/

This compilation by Giallo Disco is great by the way. Worth checking out:

Top, top compilation!

This is a cool comp, Bear.  Gonna rock it at work :D

I actually just started listening to Dance with the Dead on Spotify! I really liked "Her Ghost" and "Poison."

I think this guy was mentioned a few times already, but this song by Perturbator is pretty cool:

Marathoning & catching up on Dan Terminus before tomorrow night's gig... Dan Terminus, Gost, Perturbator, MY BODY IS READY.

Hoping the latter two includes some tunes from their upcoming albums.

Damn, that was awesome. Didn't know he'd go with a full band. The man is touring the US of A these days. I'm so hoping someone can get him to norway. I'd kill to see him warm up for Goblin or something.

^ Not bad, yeah. I checked out his latest album too, but unfortunately I found it surprisingly boring. His previous one is still cool tho!

Also, the new Perturbator record (plus bonus EP) is coming out in about a week, can't wait!

Edited by Jigsaw9

I've only heard two songs off the new John Carpenter album, but I am diggin' it. Thought it had more of a classic John Carpenter sound to it than his debut album.

Really looking forward to Perturbator of course. Gonna be great!

New Lazerpunk album out on December 4!

LAZERPUNK! - NIGHTCRAWLER [14 track LP]

Release: December 4th

Artwork: Shamserg

Growing up listening to Kraftwerk, playing Nintendo and obsessively reading Transformers comics, it's not a surprise that as soon as I discovered the retrowave scene I fell in love with it, and felt like I finally found my place. After spending months getting deep into the genre and listening to Lazerhawk, Power Glove, Mega Drive, Perturbator, Dynatron and all the others I've decided to give it a shot.

After a year or so I released my first album named "GAME OVER!" which became surprisingly popular. Thanks to the huge support I got from local and international fans I quickly became well known in the scene and I had the chance to do live shows with such legends as Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, Blastromen, and many others.

After the release of "GAME OVER!" I focused mostly on live shows and on my other love, my motorbike. But slowly and steadily a new album was in the making. Now the wait is over, as I've officially finished the second LAZERPUNK! album, titled "NIGHTCRAWLER" which is kind of a tribute to all the nightdrivers and nightriders, and all the people who feel like the night belongs to them, and they belong to the night.

I wrote these 14 songs during the last 2 years. Some of them were done in 2015, and some of them are only a few months old. This is a very diverse album, with lots of mixed influences and feelings. Some of the songs are powerful and dynamic, while others are more sentimental and have very personal stories behind them.

Hereby I want to say thank you to all the great people who helped me through this journey. Without your help and support this album wouldn't exist. So thank you!

Track list:

1, The Message
2, Virtual Reality
3, Level one
4, Worldeater
5, Miami Mafia
6, Million Dollar Baby
7, Warrior
8, Radio Towers
9, Night Sky
10, This Is Not The End
11, Stardrifter
12, Nightcrawler
13, Endgame
14, The Fading Memories Of Summer And You

New LAZERPUNK! album is out, check-check:

https://lazerpunk.bandcamp.com/album/nightcrawler

edit: Also, the Hungarian Synthwave Allstars Vol. 2 charity compilation album will be released soon, with some cool tunes from Hungary's up-and-coming retrowave scene. Full story and teaser below:

On the 8th of December we will launch our compilation album, to help a family again. We are pleased to introduce Táltos, this super lovely 5-year-old boy from Budapest. Táltos was born with a lack of oxygen and due to these conditions he is physically and mentally highly disabled. His father, Gábor is raising his son alone. At the moment the boy's got ONLY ONE DREAM: TO WALK ON HIS OWN LEGS one day. 
We are trying to collect as much money as we can to help Táltos with his treatment. Please guys, HELP US TO HELP HIM!

https://hungariansynthwaveallstars.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Jigsaw9

The title is actually Rise of the Synths. Still gonna be sweet.

Btw, I need more of the dark, Blade Runner-esque retro synth bands. Give em to me.