Bear

New retro wave/retro electro/synthwave

2 hours ago, Bear said:

MV5BMzhjNzNjMjItYzg1Ny00MjZkLTlmMTYtN2Iz

Just watched this and liked it a lot. I do understand why the reviews have been a bit up and down, but I really liked the film. Sick visuals, neat soundtrack and weirdness. Lovely!

Amazing visuals but I was in the camp that felt lukewarm about it. Was hoping for a little more story and character-wise. Carpenter Brut can do no wrong though. His music is always good.

11 hours ago, ghost said:

Amazing visuals but I was in the camp that felt lukewarm about it. Was hoping for a little more story and character-wise. Carpenter Brut can do no wrong though. His music is always good.

Personally I think they did the right thing by going for a style over substance-kind of movie, which is completely driven by the visuals and soundtrack. There's a story to be found, but it's not the thing driving the movie at all. And being a massive action and horror movie fan, I'm all for style over substance anyway, so it fits me perfectly. Also, the last dance, the ballett-esque fight, was amazing. So well-made and original.

Also, I must just praise the visuals. Consider this: Avengers: Endgame cost roughly 3000(!!!) times more than this, but this looks way, way better IMO. Yeah, so Avengers: Endgame was longer and had to "spread" its visuals a lot more, but they more likely had people with better knowledge about computer imagery and so on as well. It kinda says a lot of what they archived in this movie. Awesome!

Fuck yes, Lazerpunk putting in some work lately. Man, this guy has come so far since his earlier stuff and he just keeps getting better. The video is fucking AWESOME as well.

This too is just fantastic. More poppy, but such a cool and catchy song. It's also nostalgic as fuck as I used to play Doom on repeat when I was young. Parents didn't like it, but we'd join LANs anyway and play Doom all fucking week.

It's so good they finally covered this officially. I've seen them live several times now, and despite having original material that is just sublime, this cover has always been among their best live tracks. It's just to good, too catchy, too much fun.

I cannot get enough of Megahammer, and this album, Raw Licks, Sleazy Flicks is by far his best. Holy mother of god, does this album fucking rule. This is the solo project of Vechi Vrăjitor of dungeon synth/black metal project Old Sorcery and black metal band Warmoon Lord. Supreme stuff!