There seems to be a lot of individual threads for specific KPOP/K-artist, why not one where you can discuss all to anything KPOP related?

I am mostly into girl groups and less than a handful of boy bands but my interest only spans as far as how good the music production is. Current fave songs ATM:

AFTERSCHOOL - HEAVEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vud2PRhmKSM

ORANGE CARAMEL - Catallena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYDVHj4Rda8

I typically go to KPOP for bluesy-dancy songs and the chance to listen to bouncy-club songs without the overly sexual feel to them that I keep hearing from NA pop. I find it helps me balance the rock and hip-hop I typically listen to as I tend to listen to those more critically. 

sure why not!? I actually like Americanized Kpop with Korean language! Most real Kpop is this dancey techno stuff that gets kind of repetitive. I like the beats of American music, but I like the messages behind the Kpop music. I'm also heavily into this new thing with these rap groups being Kpop such as Block B, BTS, Troy, etc, etc.

Some of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnCL2XbOW5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQxkbL7gMI

Well you can avoid the techno stuff as I do it myself. Like I said, it really depends on how the songs are produced. Even if is electro dance, it will be very listenable as long as it is produced well. From producers like Brave Brothers or Shinsadong Tiger, you get some good quality production.

I am into this song by Kiss&Cry right now, sounds like a mellower BEG. I hope they continue that route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJ3qZYFC8g

I used to be a big fan of 2NE1, now they just sound weird and try too hard with the americanized sound. I still like some songs but my interested has came down hard the last few years.

Anybody going to one of Nu'est's Europe concerts?

(I *might* go to their Helsinki gig, in case I am totally okay with my schedule,budget etc.)

:wan-39:

jesus, what a dick that is. congrats on closeminded douchebaggery. if you're gonna complain about others spouting nonsense perhaps try stop doing that yourself

That guy is annoying. One of the more punchable faces in the world at the moment.

also ^that

"BOOHOO MOST OF IT IS IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE"

Yeah this might surprise you but not the entire world caters to America.

This is just another guy who thinks shitting on kpop on the internet makes him cool. Please go back to 2010. Also, I find it very insulting he calls the girls "braindead twats". Just because they perform a song you don't like, they're pretty and excel at song and dance doesn't make them any less intelligent.

^To be fair, he said "twits" not "twats," so it's marginally less offensive.  

His review was obnoxious as hell though.  "Loud person complaining into the camera for several minutes straight with jump cuts" is by far one of my least favorite types of YouTube videos. That and Buzzfeed lists can be obliterated off the face of the planet, plz.

I actually saw my first video with that guy yesterday. Talked about some bitching feminists. The points he was trying t make was actually spot on, but the way he did it was not. The way he talked like a little bitching kid, acting all childish and butthurt, and the way he tries to be funny every other second is awfully annoying. And he tops it off with a video that's a huge fucking cut. If you're gonna make a video like that, write yourself a script and take it from there. Jesus christ.

Wow. Talking about closed-minded. That guy was at least comedic exaggerating about it. You guys just seriously insult him back with whatever you come up. BTW he didn't complain about it being in another language.

I found that funny as hell, and I'd love for once hearing someone outside the scene smashing the hell out of a VK or generally japanese band or so. Please be more open-minded than you accuse him of not being.

Speaking up against someone acting like a jackass doesn't equal being close minded.

Just because you think something is funny doesn't mean others are close minded because they DON'T think it's funny.

BUT NOW ABOUT ACTUAL KPOP

BTS dropped the sickest album of the year in K-pop so far, ooooh man. Didn't really like most of their earlier material but this album was great.

BTW he didn't complain about it being in another language.

He kinda did, with not being able to understand the lyrics because it was in a different language. He also can't tell em apart due to their race, I don't see the humor there IMO. To be fair, I also couldn't couldn't tell them apart when I first saw "Genie" but that was because they were in uniforms and was bombarded with so much leg action.

Any T-ARA lovers here? Sweet song.

Hyomin is my DP atm, Sugar Free could've probably been edited better. I didn't like the slowdown in the middle otherwise it was so T-ARAish that it eased away my apprehension when I heard it was to be EDM based.

Was not expecting to like that, Sai. I'm gonna give them a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjwG3FQna4

Any T-ARA lovers here? Sweet song.

I haven't listened to them in a while. Scandals happen and I tend to dip out of the fandom communities for a while then peek back in later. Very relieved to hear they're still putting out quality songs. This is a jam.

I've also been slightly distracted by 2pm's comeback. <3

Speaking up against someone acting like a jackass doesn't equal being close minded.

Just because you think something is funny doesn't mean others are close minded because they DON'T think it's funny.

Oh yes, it does. It's OT to go further into that, but like I said earlier and from what I read in later comments about "racism" and what the hell else: If you don't even care to understand what you were presented with, and come up with an entire bunch of strawmen to attack that guy, you're being close-minded. Calling him a jackass is ALSO close-minded, subsequently to the genre he's portraying.

Come on.. dat show tieing scene.. it just asked for it. ;)

But enough for now.

Am I the only one who still loves PSY? That guy's definitely on my concert list in my upcoming asia trip.

ugghh why i'm i just finding this therd...... anyway so for me it Bangtan Boys (noting better, and yes that album) =>  4mintue and hyuna soft spot for them, ==> GOT7 then sistar, exo, super junior = henry, history, bigbang. i havn't had that much time for the scene. I like sexy and smooth songs. I don't like when they switch from like badass or serious to like poppy or cute that pisses me off. i also hate that slow aint going no where shitt. t-ara need more good songs like number 9, suger free sucked. CL needs to stop with the baddest female, i can see how she missed air(waveya) but err derrrr Hyuna hmmm must be something. LE should go solo and do songs like blackiist, love her rapping.

some of my favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeB9h8yk5I

http://youtu.be/WtDaZO6VDAU?t=20s

I haven't listened to them in a while. Scandals happen and I tend to dip out of the fandom communities for a while then peek back in later. Very relieved to hear they're still putting out quality songs. This is a jam.

I've also been slightly distracted by 2pm's comeback. <3

I enjoyed the hell out of 2PM's come back as well. Such a great song. However, the album didn't appeal much to me though :/

Hyomin is my DP atm, Sugar Free could've probably been edited better. I didn't like the slowdown in the middle otherwise it was so T-ARAish that it eased away my apprehension when I heard it was to be EDM based.

Did you listen to the EDM remix release that dropped??

ugghh why i'm i just finding this therd...... anyway so for me it Bangtan Boys (noting better, and yes that album) =>  4mintue and hyuna soft spot for them, ==> GOT7 then sistar, exo, super junior = henry, history, bigbang. i havn't had that much time for the scene. I like sexy and smooth songs. I don't like when they switch from like badass or serious to like poppy or cute that pisses me off. i also hate that slow aint going no where shitt. t-ara need more good songs like number 9, suger free sucked. CL needs to stop with the baddest female, i can see how she missed air(waveya) but err derrrr Hyuna hmmm must be something. LE should go solo and do songs like blackiist, love her rapping.

4Minute has a few good songs but as a whole they haven't been able to keep my interest. SISTAR has my heart. They're one of the first groups that I listened to when I got back into the scene. ALONE is a fantastic mini. As far as T-ARA goes, I also love Number 9. Its my all time favorite song but Sugar Free....damn...that track goes so hard and I love that dark feel it has haha.

Feels good to talk K-Pop.

Did you listen to the EDM remix release that dropped??

I have a couple songs to finish. EDM isn't really my forte so I can only stand like one-two songs a day and there is no way I am gonna listen to the ENG version. it is so cringe worthy lol

I enjoyed the hell out of 2PM's come back as well. Such a great song. However, the album didn't appeal much to me though :/

Feels good to talk K-Pop.

I have the album ripped but I haven't spun the entire thing yet. Now this makes me apprehensive. lol. I had similar feelings about Grown where I loved the video singles but not the album. 

It does. I've been out of the loop for a while. I need to catch up.

4Minute has a few good songs but as a whole they haven't been able to keep my interest. SISTAR has my heart. They're one of the first groups that I listened to when I got back into the scene. ALONE is a fantastic mini. As far as T-ARA goes, I also love Number 9. Its my all time favorite song but Sugar Free....damn...that track goes so hard and I love that dark feel it has haha.

I don't know about a few for me its like 23 so maybe half or some. but their good songs really hit home for me so that's why i said "soft spot." about suger free but in the end you can't even apreciate the dark parts because they go off on ____ parts. maybe if the made a separate song.

sums up sugar free

i herd the news about jessica getting kicked out of GG, that was kind of shitty. and tts new song holler was nice.

Edited by blackdoll

[because doubleposting is only for teh kewl-kidz!]

also new vixx teaser.

looks like another nice theme-based video with tiny bits of story scattered around (go full on terminator pwettypwease? #lolnotgonnahappen)

not that excited about what we here of the music so far, but as that's just some measly seconds the full track might be better..

I wish KPOP could ease out of rapping on songs and focus more rhythm and song structure. I was so happy to hear of Raina's solo but turns it wasn't really a full solo.