It seems EXO's Luhan is (just like Kris back in May) leaving EXO and filing a lawsuit against SM to nullify his contract for being "inhumane". Fellow EXO-M member Lay is supportive of his decision and there are also rumors that Lay might be leaving soon too. Another rumor is that EXO-M would be merged into EXO-K so that the group will become a single band of 10 members.

SM is calling Luhan "selfish" for his decision, but after everything that happened I'm pretty certain it's SM that's just being a really shitty company LOL.

I wish KPOP could ease out of rapping on songs and focus more rhythm and song structure. I was so happy to hear of Raina's solo but turns it wasn't really a full solo.

Yes! Me too, simply because the lot of them are awful rappers. It's proper annoying, like.

I wish KPOP could ease out of rapping on songs and focus more rhythm and song structure. I was so happy to hear of Raina's solo but turns it wasn't really a full solo.

mehh he just isn't good. more good rapping

He sounds like 99% of kpop rappers out there. There is only like a handful of truly unique/natural sounding rappers in kpop. From my experience anyway.

i said "more good" having Bangtan boys, got7, and hyuna & LE's black:list in mind. but other rap bits i like too.  

I'm of the mind that Kpop needs to stop forcing trainees to be the obligatory group rapper and seek our actual rappers with passion for their craft to join their companies instead. A few have done that and they end up being my favorites. 

...There is only like a handful of truly unique/natural sounding rappers in kpop. From my experience anyway.

This, pretty much.

what bother me is when my favorites don't get vocal time.

Has anyone (other than me and Style) here tried Seo Taiji's latest effort ("Quiet Night")?

It took me many listens to get into it (the first listen left a lot to be desired), but yeah - very solid release imho :)

Haven't gotten to Seo Taiji yet, been stuck on the new Epik High all week :( Though that's not really K-pop, more like K-Hip Hop lmao. But yeah Shoebox is definitely the best Korean album I've heard this year next to BTS' Dark&Wild.

Haven't gotten to Seo Taiji yet, been stuck on the new Epik High all week :( Though that's not really K-pop, more like K-Hip Hop lmao. But yeah Shoebox is definitely the best Korean album I've heard this year next to BTS' Dark&Wild.

Agree on this. Both BTS and EH put out solid albums this year. I'm a happy fan.

Also, I know these guys aren't very big and all, but I saw them on a fanevent today and they are the nicest and most adorable group I have seen in my entire life. Saw them last year as well and one of them just straight out asked me "How old are you?" in English. This year he seems to have remembered me and asked my friend how long I'd been here for before, trying to make sure I wouldn't notice. Not sure what he's up to.

Oh MAN I loved Rilla Go! Not a big fan of their previous releases (though they're a talented bunch for sure) but Rilla Go has been my jam all week :D Curious to see what direction they'll take from now on.

And you might have a potential love interest Kaye LMAO.

pretty good, cought me off guard

I just saw a commercial and 2ne1's I am the Best were used as the music. That was weird.

Yeah, the first time I heard it I was pretty shocked too. lol. And apparently CL is having an American debut on the way? 

AOA coming back with a "Like A Cat"

i like it!

I wanted to like the video but some of it was a bit too much for me.

I could have done without the gratuitous butt close ups. The girls are already sexy enough, all the bending over with the arched backs feels so forced. 

Please forgive me if this is a common thing. I follow like 4 girl groups, so maybe I'm underexposed.

for me its half and half. but sexy dances are aproved, no need to hide what you got. though waveya's cover will be better haha. 

A lot of the guy groups now imo are very unappealing. Yes the visuals in the music videos may be cool but the songs by themselves are just bland or just to try hard. Its very rare for me to find a male group to stick to like females. With that said, Jackie Chan is behind these guys and they seem to actually satisfy my tastes. I checked out their last album and was very pleased by it.

EDIT: That AOA video/song was sick.

^ Whoa, really impressed! Great hip-hop track, definitely giving them a shot. I know how you feel though, I'm mostly into boybands because I like that extra "umph" in my K-pop that most girl groups don't really provide, but recently not a lot of stuff has come out that has impressed me.

I generally like "fierceness" in my Kpop. And like Sai said, a large number of the girl groups aren't known for that (that doesn't make them bad to me, just not my personal taste). But I'm always open to new groups of any gender, though. I mean, I give most of them a chance in the beginning.

I'm not really feeling this JJCC group, either. I don't really hear anything that makes them stand out from groups already out right now.