A lot of the guy groups now imo are very unappealing. Yes the visuals in the music videos may be cool but the songs by themselves are just bland or just to try hard. Its very rare for me to find a male group to stick to like females. With that said, Jackie Chan is behind these guys and they seem to actually satisfy my tastes. I checked out their last album and was very pleased by it.

EDIT: That AOA video/song was sick.

sticking is hard. Yeah JJCC, they're nice going to check them out some day.

But I'm always open to new groups of any gender, though. I mean, I give most of them a chance in the beginning.

this !

^ Whoa, really impressed! Great hip-hop track, definitely giving them a shot. I know how you feel though, I'm mostly into boybands because I like that extra "umph" in my K-pop that most girl groups don't really provide, but recently not a lot of stuff has come out that has impressed me.

Haha, so we're pretty much vise versa. And i agree completely,late this year was my come back year into K-Pop and these last few months have really REALLY been impressive. My iphone is filled with more K-pop than usual.

I generally like "fierceness" in my Kpop. And like Sai said, a large number of the girl groups aren't known for that (that doesn't make them bad to me, just not my personal taste). But I'm always open to new groups of any gender, though. I mean, I give most of them a chance in the beginning.

I'm not really feeling this JJCC group, either. I don't really hear anything that makes them stand out from groups already out right now.

I can respect that. To me, their music resonates with me and they kind of remind me of Shinhwa in their earlier days. 

sticking is hard. Yeah JJCC, they're nice going to check them out some day.

Yes, please do. I have a feeling they're gonna go very far as a group.

BTW:

I copped the AOA come back album last night. This was my first time really listening to them and I must say, next to T-ARA's And and End, this is one of the best releases this year. 

I can respect that. To me, their music resonates with me and they kind of remind me of Shinhwa in their earlier days. 

Yes, please do. I have a feeling they're gonna go very far as a group.

They do have that first gen idol vibe, now that you mention it. 

omg Kyuhyun solo is coming, fan of his, but ughh i have a felling its going to be ballad filled.

mediocre probably but i love it and looking forward to listening to it tomorrow

also  this!

the t-ara was ok

old school is great here

Hello, how awesome is Masta Wu's new song (I kinda have a girl boner for him and the others of the "old" YG generation like 1TYM so I might be kinda biased...). And that Bobby kid is not half bad.
I'm not one for Kpop but I'm generally kinda into Rap (how embarrassing :< ) and that song is really catchy.

@Nisimaldar:

I don't know if you are familiar with this but Bobby had a cool verse in one of Epik High's latest tunes (3:50-ish and he's not bad at all, no):

(totally expected lol)

^wow that song is good and no I haven't listened to it before. Thanks!

I've seen some of "Show me the Money" and even though I don't think he was the best, his victory was well deserved.

its weird (first one)

I haven't spotted any B1A4 love so.. allow me to start the love please:

CNU :'3

And who can ever forget the best K-pop song in history and forever more:

Please don't hurt me, I'm not serious with the 2nd one. xD
Actually, did anyone here enjoy the dance craze due to this video? I thought the dance is quite humorous, but when everyone does it, it reminds me of that rather irritating song, the Harlem Shake. I remember a whole class I was in did it once and then a few guys got mad at me for not joining in... I wouldn't even join in with Gangnam Style. xD

i like f(x) a lot with a bunch of their songs. cant stand psy or 2ne1 (except for waveya's cover of baddest female)

i like f(x) a lot with a bunch of their songs. cant stand psy or 2ne1 (except for waveya's cover of baddest female)

I've actually never given f(x) a listen before. I like Brown Eyed Girls which is the only obscure I don't think that's the right terminology but... band I've heard, as well as 2NE1. I think they're a bit.. too liked but I'm all for that. I just feel like some other girl groups I've heard a bit of deserves that much attention, like 4minute or T-ara. Or I'm just so bad with these Korean groups I don't know which ones everyone prefers ehe, just going by the supposed popularity. I think most of us can't stand PSY now lol. That recent song of his.. what 'Hangover,' it was funny noticing other Korean singers but apart from that... worse than Gangname Style, it's not even enjoyable. I felt so bad people only heard and would only look into PSY out of every Korean musician.

I'm not following k-pop that much anymore to know what's hyped these days or not, but not even one mention of Nicole's solo debut in this thread? Shaaaame!

I've actually never given f(x) a listen before. I like Brown Eyed Girls which is the only obscure I don't think that's the right terminology but... band I've heard, as well as 2NE1. I think they're a bit.. too liked but I'm all for that. I just feel like some other girl groups I've heard a bit of deserves that much attention, like 4minute or T-ara. Or I'm just so bad with these Korean groups I don't know which ones everyone prefers ehe, just going by the supposed popularity. I think most of us can't stand PSY now lol. That recent song of his.. what 'Hangover,' it was funny noticing other Korean singers but apart from that... worse than Gangname Style, it's not even enjoyable. I felt so bad people only heard and would only look into PSY out of every Korean musician.

I haven't gotten all the way into k-pop yet but i ve went threw bts, exo, super junoir and henry, 4minite and hyuna, and got7. bts and got7 i like every thing. the others i like maybe like half and that half is really good. like that shitt be bumbing! I was really sad that super junor was ballad based till mr. simple because swing, bonamana, momacita are all really fucking good. i dont really remeber song names since i just play them. about psy i was made they fuged hyuna with that make up job so she doesn't outshine psy. Also made that hyuna isnt living up to what she can do with ice cream, blacklist, red, I like, now, french kiss, and attention. she could be the next  Lee Hyori (dont like her either) if she got her stuff together. oh yeah i dont like apink to from what i herd.

I'm not following k-pop that much anymore to know what's hyped these days or not, but not even one mention of Nicole's solo debut in this thread? Shaaaame!

That was very enjoyable. The song is very appealing as well as the dance. 

wasn't that good IMO the new KARA song is better

I tried KARA, they just aren't doing it for me :/

This was a lot better imo lol

benibana thanks alot for mentioning BEG, abracadabra is so addictive, they have the best hip rocking. were they first to do it?

I haven't gotten all the way into k-pop yet but i ve went threw bts, exo, super junoir and henry, 4minite and hyuna, and got7. bts and got7 i like every thing. the others i like maybe like half and that half is really good. like that shitt be bumbing! I was really sad that super junor was ballad based till mr. simple because swing, bonamana, momacita are all really fucking good. i dont really remeber song names since i just play them. about psy i was made they fuged hyuna with that make up job so she doesn't outshine psy. Also made that hyuna isnt living up to what she can do with ice cream, blacklist, red, I like, now, french kiss, and attention. she could be the next  Lee Hyori (dont like her either) if she got her stuff together. oh yeah i dont like apink to from what i herd.

Wow, you've got a healthy listening list there. Mr. Simple is flawless aha. I'm honestly far more behind in the K-pop scene than you so I don't know much, and after PSY, I became less interested since if something becomes massive, I'm just not all that fond of it, to be totally honest. Just.. gets the wrong crowd and way too much attention on the wrong things to me. I think most of the viewers were looking at Hyuna throughout that song. xDD I think I like to take my time going through this particular music, because I feel girl groups some very same-y. I know of most of these K-pop groups, they just don't hold my attention long enough to properly check them out. But the ones I have done when I first got into the Asian scene I'll continue to look into, for example, 2NE1 and Girls' Generation. I've just listened to them for a while now so I've stayed heh.

benibana thanks alot for mentioning BEG, abracadabra is so addictive, they have the best hip rocking. were they first to do it?

I read someone say they're not liked that much. I got confused because of that since I thought they sounded better than the mega big groups. I agree, I feel like their songs are more melodious. Must just be because of which songs I checked out. I gave a little listen to their album 'Sound G' ages ago and remember enjoying it, so I'm glad you're liking them. About your question, as I said above, I have little knowledge about K-pop but it appears they became official in 2006. That album I've spoken about of theirs was released in 2009, with that track, 'Abracadabra.' And on the notes of that song, it is said it 'marked a change in the style of the girls from more conservative to a provocative one.' So, maybe not the first group to have such a sound, but it's the first time their style changed. 

Wow, you've got a healthy listening list there. Mr. Simple is flawless aha. I'm honestly far more behind in the K-pop scene than you so I don't know much, and after PSY, I became less interested since if something becomes massive, I'm just not all that fond of it, to be totally honest. Just.. gets the wrong crowd and way too much attention on the wrong things to me. I think most of the viewers were looking at Hyuna throughout that song. xDD I think I like to take my time going through this particular music, because I feel girl groups some very same-y. I know of most of these K-pop groups, they just don't hold my attention long enough to properly check them out. But the ones I have done when I first got into the Asian scene I'll continue to look into, for example, 2NE1 and Girls' Generation. I've just listened to them for a while now so I've stayed heh.

I read someone say they're not liked that much. I got confused because of that since I thought they sounded better than the mega big groups. I agree, I feel like their songs are more melodious. Must just be because of which songs I checked out. I gave a little listen to their album 'Sound G' ages ago and remember enjoying it, so I'm glad you're liking them. About your question, as I said above, I have little knowledge about K-pop but it appears they became official in 2006. That album I've spoken about of theirs was released in 2009, with that track, 'Abracadabra.' And on the notes of that song, it is said it 'marked a change in the style of the girls from more conservative to a provocative one.' So, maybe not the first group to have such a sound, but it's the first time their style changed. 

oh cool. for me its like i like pop and k-pop's rap/hiphop, just cant stand it from america. there are kinds of songs i just skip and i dont expect to like everysong from a release because they be all over the place. put the scene has got me. I also love weekly idol and stuff and i love that there are translations hehe.

but i was asking if they were the first group to do the hip rock in their choreography (t-ara sugar free, hyuna blacklist ect.) ? but i guess you don know....

speaking of 2ne1 they opened for ANTM final runway, btob was also there and on ep as a challenge. 

^ This is one of those things I didn't know that I didn't need. Jesus, what a trainwreck :( CL really isn't that great a rapper, sorry to say.