sai

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Nintendo has revealed through a video on their official Pokémon YouTube channel that the 3DS remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, titled Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be hitting stores worldwide in November this year.

Here's the video:

It's not really sure whether this will be a classic remake like how they remade Red and Gold for the DS, or that it will include a whole new story in the (modified) Hoenn Region. Judging from the video I'd say that Hoenn is not only getting remade, but also getting some updates that fit with the current 3DS systems that the original games didn't have.

ANYWAY I'M REALLY FUCKING EXCITED HOLY SHIT.

Judging by the 'whole new world' part I'm expecting at the very least a Black 2/ White 2 style update to the Hoenn region. Although since the references in X & Y also mention a different region, what if this actually turns out to be the follow up to those too?

Also Mega Groudon and Kyogre confirmed.

IT's really too fast serious, we don't have a lot of event on X & Y and three pokemon aren't already unlocked... I hope they worg enough on this remake too give us two good games (with same graphism as X & Y)... and better than Heart Gold & Soul Silver Remake....

Maybe I take both, because I never played on Rubis & Saphir on GBA (because I didn't have an GBA xD)

HG SS was perf. Loved that you could have a mon follow you around and that they expanded upon the story more. 

If it is too soon, you could always buy it next year. It will be cheaper too  :3

Also, did any of the distribution events actually start? I read on Pokebeach that they just hacked into the game to get them, but I didn't see any 4 realz press releases on them.

If it is too soon, you could always buy it next year. It will be cheaper too

Isn't for the money ^^ but for qualities of the soft... (even if it's "announced" since 2012, hope is not the same devleoppers than X&Y, I don't want sloppy games ^^)

In France We have just 2 event (3 with Celebi) and no news when the 3 legendary come avaible (but one is official, and the two other exposed by hackers will be offisialise soo, that's why i think is too fast to release new game...)

@Piisu: No, they haven't been released yet, at least not officially. The three new Pokemon were only accessible through hack, but the code distributors have been forced to remove those codes for Action Replay because Nintendo threatened to sue, lmao. Same goes for the Latiosite and Latiasite.

I don't consider it too soon. Hoenn was something a lot of people wanted a remake of, and since there has been lots of critique about X/Y and its difficulty level (at least to more advanced players) remaking Hoenn could take away the bad taste of the first 3DS Pokemon game. X/Y was beautiful graphic-wise and the story was interesting enough, it just wasn't as challenging as the other games, that's what bothered me about it (and the amount of events post-Elite Four were really slim, like all of them were replaced with "we've got a really broad online trading and battle system now, just use those instead). Hoenn in any case had the best Elite Four, imo. Also, I hope the Champion for these games will remain Steven Stone instead of Wallace.

/also HG/SS was really good imo, great remake.

This is incredibly exciting, Hoenn was such a neat region and getting it in 3D is going to make it even cooler. I can't wait to have my very first legitimate Kyogre lmao. (I have a legitimate Shiny one, but I like Blue more than pink)

Anyway, do I think it's soon? Mmmm... No. It would be soon if they were releasing another version like X/Y, but since it's just a remake (and one everyone has been asking for forever) it's definitely right on time. I cannot wait to see what they do with this new gameplay.

And apparently not only are Groudon and Kyogre getting mega evolutions, but so are Sceptile and Swampert to go along with Blaziken. 

pls bring back secret bases and add a Street Pass feature in the style of ACNL pls game freak pls

also so happy I could crey that we are are finally gonna see Hoenn in 3D it's my favorite Pokemon region. places like Fortree and Sootopolis city are gonna be gorgeous.

And apparently not only are Groudon and Kyogre getting mega evolutions, but so are Sceptile and Swampert to go along with Blaziken. 

this and any information, other than these games being released sometime in November '14, is just optimistic speculation at this point.

Uguhgugh, this is great. I loved both classic Ruby and Sapphire games, so I can't imagine I'd be disappointed with this at all. I'm leaning more towards Sapphire already, since it seems most of my friends are wanting to get Ruby. 

I can't wait for November now ;_;

I'm curious if Nintendo will reveal some gameplay footage already at E3 next month, seeing as the release is only about 6 months away. I'm not asking for long footage, just a few pictures would do.

I really hope the other two Hoenn starters are getting Mega evolutions too ;_____;

that's cool i guess... will be cool to see these games done in the new engine. I'm pretty sure we'll see some actually footage of gameplay next month at E3 though, they just needed to breed hype before the show

So I came across this image today:

tumblr_n5859iCOKL1smoa1bo9_500.jpg

I'm not sure if it's legit, but it seems to be coming from a magazine. It also seems to hint at mega-evolutions for Treecko and Mudkip's final evolutions + the dark shadow beneath Rayquaza might be a hint for a Mega-Rayquaza or perhaps Rayquaza merged with the other Hoenn legendaries? (just like how you could merge Kyurem with Reshiram in White 2).

The scan is fake, as well as another one that's circulating everywhere showing Mega Sceptile. We'll probably have some info this weekend though when Pokémon GET☆TV airs. Holding my breath for actual pictures and the announcement of a Mega Swampert.

I really hope they'll show some footage soon, especially at E3. I think Saku's right with how Nintendo announced it early to build the hype for their E3 panel. I know I'll be watching it in any case, I really hope they'll show some footage already.

...I don't know why I still expect anything of substance to ever be announced on this show.

That animation looks cool, though.

THE HYPE IS REAL OMFG. I'm not too big on the boy figure, but I really like the girl's redesign, the new hair accessoire is adorable.

I wonder if Nintendo will be revealing more on their E3 panel this Tuesday?