Lestat

What did you dream about last night?

Another random one but I remember less. Get deciphering! Overall I get a sense of wanting connection with someone? 

-Met a friend I haven't seen in around 15 years. I was helping him with his break up (the break up did happen in real life but probably a few months ago?) 

-Watching a remake of some movie again and again, but leaving early on each time. 

-Going to said movie with someone who I knew in the dream but don't know in real life. I think it was a friend in the dream but there came a point where we nervously kissed each other and then she cuddled up to me to watch the movie? (To clarify, this is the kind of relationship goal I have in my head so I guess that influences things!)

-I then watched We Are X with my dad (who doesn't understand my interest in VK

-Digging up the top layer of soil to rehouse it. This layer was totally covered in freeze-dried coffee. I spent time picking out all the worms from each clump but they were more progressively getting more like witchetty grubs? 

Had a dream I died last night.

Me and a whole group of people were standing at the bottom of a rocky valley. There was a sun like object floating above us and as it got closer everyone got pulled up to it. I was anxious as I saw the people in front of me getting engulfed by it.

When it finally reached me I closed my eyes. I wasn't afraid to die but it was the anticipation of pain that frightened me. As the light engulfed me though, it didn't really hurt. I lost all feeling except for the sensation of searing on my body. I tried opening my eyes and all I saw was this yellowish/white brightness. And at this point I gave in to the light.

Edited by ghost

13 minutes ago, ghost said:

Had a dream I died last night.

Me and a whole group of people were standing at the bottom of a rocky valley. There was a sun like object floating above us and as it got closer everyone got pulled up to it. I was anxious as I saw the people in front of me getting engulfed by it.

When it finally reached me I closed my eyes. I wasn't afraid to die but it was the anticipation of pain that frightened me. As the light engulfed me though, it didn't really hurt. I lost all feeling except for the sensation of searing on my body. I tried opening my eyes and all I saw was this yellowish/white brightness. And at this point I gave in to the light.

Jeez man, is it just me or are you dreams getting progressively more morbid? R u ok? ^.~

1 hour ago, spockitty said:

Jeez man, is it just me or are you dreams getting progressively more morbid? R u ok? ^.~

Haha I THINK I am! But maybe there's something inside me trying to yell help 🤔I've had dreams of dying in the past though and honestly, this was probably one of the tamer ones.

In another much bleaker dream (this was after watching a ton of Walking Dead), me and a group were running away from a horde of zombies. We went into this abandoned factory but it ended up being filled to the brim with zombies. We couldn't go back out so we just pushed our way through inside. No matter where we turned there were zombies spilling out of doorways and windows. We spotted an enormous incinerator and it was at that point we decided that was the better way out. So we all walked in, held each other for comfort and had our final moment before someone turned it on.

I'm realizing now that I have a lot of burning dreams...

But, I swear I'm okay!

Just now, ghost said:

Haha I THINK I am! But maybe there's something inside me trying to yell help 🤔I've had dreams of dying in the past though and honestly, this was probably one of the tamer ones.

In another much bleaker dream (this was after watching a ton of Walking Dead), me and a group were running away from a horde of zombies. We went into this abandoned factory but it ended up being filled to the brim with zombies. We couldn't go back out so we just pushed our way through inside. No matter where we turned there were zombies spilling out of doorways and windows. We spotted an enormous incinerator and it was at that point we decided that was the better way out. So we all walked in, held each other for comfort and had our final moment before someone turned it on.

I'm realizing now that I have a lot of burning dreams...

But, I swear I'm okay!

Don't play Days Gone. Seriously XD 

I dreamed that I had to take a plane to return from visiting family in another country (for context, I’m terrified of flying), and so I tried to wake myself up but found myself in a similar situation, and after a few times I was perfectly aware that I was dreaming, but still could neither control the dream nor wake myself up. Every time I tried to avoid the plane or wake up, it would repeat itself. Let’s just say I welcomed the alarm when it finally rang.

Hoo, boy. Had two really weird ones last night.

In the first one, I started dating this beautiful man and when his birthday came, he received a card from Beyonce. The right side of it was written normally with all the "To X, happy birthday, lots of love from blah blah blah" kinda stuff but the left side was filled with a very strongly-worded paragraph about how much she hated him. She wrote in beautiful cursive with a gold gel pen.

In the second one, I went to McDonald's to get some fries and nuggets. Already, this dream was strange because the real me would order an good ol' unhealthy Big Mac in a vain attempt to add some meat to my noodle arms. Anyways, the box of fries had Sizna's face printed on the front which was weird, but not as weird as the fact that his face was also printed on the nuggets. Not the box; the nuggets.

Well one that I want to start recording now is with my childhood/neighborhood crush appearing in my dreams.

The dreams themselves are often different, and sometimes I feel like they keep reoccurring because they are premonitions to the future (I have had dreams years ahead, where I'd meet my current gf, with such detail like her name and the way she smelled, while never once seeing her face), but in a couple dreams she and I were together and living back home in Chicago. It always feels like an alternative timeline that I'm witnessing/living in my dream, and for all that science can barely understand regarding this, there could be some truth to what happens in the dream itself, as I am strongly given the impression that this was supposed to be the life I should be living.

If you've seen the film Inception, then you know about the main character's wife, who believed that the life she was living was nothing but a dream, and her real existence required her to "wake up" (leading to her committing suicide as an attempt to get back to "reality").

My dreams (and my view on it) perfectly mimic this entire thing.

It terrifies me/creeps me out because she and I had a falling out almost 10 years ago, only because I went and confessed my admiration/infatuation with her, after so many years of back-and-forth "does he/she like me?" encounters growing up with friends. I won't share those details here, but I did it because I couldn't move on with my life knowing that there could have been a "what if", and in the end I was left with something worse than the answer I wanted, I was devasted. We've since then grown apart as friends (as is what normally happens unfortunately), and have no trace of her on my social media. I've grown to accept that life has to be this way, and we can't turn back the dial. This is living with the decisions you make in life.

At the same time, these dreams make me wonder if something is going on in her life that maybe I am somehow able to feel, or rather, allowed to see. Could it be a life I could have had with her, and she's often thinking about it too? Could she be alone and regretting what happened that she wants to try again? God, the dreams are so vivid and intense that I often wake up by force because I can't admit that this would ever be a possibility for me, even in my dreams. Yet they keep coming back when I least expect it, and stronger, to the point where I will sit at the side of my bed for a while because I get anxious, as it wouldn't be hard for me to get in touch with friends and ask how she's doing. I choose not to, because the life I live now is the one I chose, and I am far away from home and even further away from her in so many ways, that I need to see all of this for what it is: reality.

Had another half asleep, half awake dream last night.

I was lying on my bed with my face turned towards my bedroom door. I sleep with the door open in the summer time because it gets really stuffy in my room. I thought I sensed something moving around outside so I opened my eyes. I saw this tall, thin, silhouette walking past the door, left to right, right to left. It resembled the creature in Insidious when it's standing in the shadow. I was scared, but I couldn't move. It's then I realized I was half asleep, half awake and my body was in sleep paralysis. Anytime I looked away and looked back at the doorway, it got closer still pacing left to right, right to left. I was sweating profusely, trying desperately to get up, but my body refused to move from its rigid catatonic state. I couldn't take seeing what it was so I just closed my eyes hoping it would either go away or do what it came to do quickly. But I soon fell back asleep and everything was fine.

f9c8c71e6c67f9227492a839e40084be.png

Ok this one was weird af. Also really fun.

I was in the Ocean House Hotel from Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. There were a few other people there, most but not all of whom looked pretty nondescript. I think it was for some TV thingy or something. Anyway we had to explore the hotel (to anyone who hasn’t played the game: it’s haunted and an early quest requires you to investigate the haunting), then (minor spoiler) the stairs gave way like they do in the game (end of spoiler), and I wound up trapped underground with another person who bore an uncanny resemblance to a certain long-dead VK icon, improbably styled magenta hair and all. That bit is not particularly unusual—random people in my dreams tend to resemble real people (people I know, people I see on the news, people I listen to)—but I remember noticing it and thinking “oh ok there’s no way this is a coincidence, most likely scenario is that this person likes the same music as I do, so we might be able to chat about it and keep each other sane down here”, while I normally don’t notice those resemblances until after I awake. But we didn’t really talk about music, we mostly talked about getting out of there. We were down there for a while actually, and I remember we talked about whether the others were down here as well or if we’d just been unlucky. Music did end up factoring into it, mostly when the other person pulled out a music-playing device (looked like an aging MP3 reader, but I’m not really sure) and started playing The Doors’ “When The Music’s Over”. Then we managed to get out of there, but the ground floor was filled with such pleasant critters as spiders, worms, moths, cockroaches, maggots, etc. We just looked at each other and went “to hell with the prize, we’re getting out of here!” before doing exactly that. Outside of the hotel there was the TV host, and the other person screamed something rather uncouth (I don’t remember exactly what it was, but it involved the words “motherfucker” and “go to hell” among a string of profanity) at him before we just ran all the way back to Santa Monica (the game’s main setting). Then it kinda became a little blurrier, but we were at the Asylum (which is a nightclub in the game) talking about the whole ordeal, mostly laughing about it. Then we kinda started talking about the sea for some reason. Then I awoke just as we were finally introducing ourselves after the whole misadventure.

Edit: a few additional details

tl;dr: a suspiciously magenta-haired person and I had to get out of a haunted hotel in a videogame. I probably shouldn’t listen to “Rose of Pain” and play Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines immediately before going to sleep. Or maybe I should, because that dream was fun as hell.

Edited by R/O

two recent dreams:

1) Lizzo was visiting some rural Polish village, and for some unfathomable reason my parents were supposed to show her around. And I remember my helpless frustration trying to explain to them what is she about and desperately hoping they would not offend her somehow~ 

2) I was once again in some small town, on some business. Some random dude and I got called over by a pair of siblings, a woman and a man, to investigate strange occurrences in the nearby village. The random dude was apparently my partner or sth. Anyway, we get there and it turns out that people are getting turned into rabid animals and eating other people. We find a half-dead boar, which we believed was once a man, bring him to a nearby dilapidated house and figure we need to open up his stomach to somehow prove that he was indeed a former human. The siblings believe that it was once their cousin but they reluctantly agree and I cut the animal open. Fuck but it was gross. There were human remains, and also some kind of parasite growing inside, presumably causing the change. My partner left to wash his hands in the bathroom and I turn to the siblings only to see that they're both bleeding from their eyes and noses. Somehow I knew that it was a symptom of the change, I go to tell my partner only to find him in the same state. And then I woke up. 

So I had a weird dream last night. Putting it in a spoiler for people who don't like nudity or assault situations:

Spoiler

A little real-life backstory, I lead a small group at my church. We've hung out a lot this semester and have become great friends. My best friend who I've known a little over 2 years now is also in that group. I'd say we're pretty close. We hang out a lot and even talk to each other about stuff going on in our lives. [end]

So, going into the dream now, it was crazy. In my dream, I was asleep. When I awoke, everyone in my small group had me pinned down on some kind of table. I was really confused and asking what's going on, but no one was saying anything. Then, my best friend appeared and told everyone to keep me pinned down and to take my pants off. I was fighting to not let that happen, but 5 against 1 is a pretty unfair fight. They got my pants off with relative ease and then my friend began to give more instructions. He told someone to "bring it over here" and at this point I was terrified. What I saw was a sizzling pan that was hot off the stove. They put it right on my balls. Right on them. The pain was searing and intense but no matter how much I tried to wrestle away I couldn't escape. But, by some kind of Freudian driven inner strength to preserve the family jewels, I broke out of the group's hold and the torture they were inflicting on me. 

When I woke up in real life, I actually woke up mad at him.

Edited by ghost

I'm finally back. Last night, I dreamt that I was sat around a table in the staff room of the place I do work experience at with the characters of Dragon Quest VIII (best DQ btw). Angelo announced to us all that he was sick of being a Templar knight and was going to become a minstrel. I cuddled up to him and told him I thought that was hot then we stood up and he hugged me back. We kind of stumbled onto all the staff members' bags and we kissed and I don't remember much after that but knowing Angelo, I'm sure what happened next was... interesting. Also, you know when something doesn't explicitly happen in a dream but you feel like it's true of that dream? It was never stated but I feel like I was dating the hero of DQ8 at the time so I was basically cheating on him right in front of him. Dream me is a homewrecking binch.

Edited by Gesu

Last night, I dreamt that I was watching an episode of The Big Bazinga Theory and after every single line, the laugh track would play. The only exceptions were if the characters actually said something genuinely funny. That was rather satirical of my subconscious.

Three in a row. My subconscious brain's decided to be active, it seems.

So this one was really fucking bizarro, even for me. I was at a circus and Stephen Mulhern was the ringmaster. There was a Shih Tzu that was being forced to perform magic tricks seemingly against its will and most people were enthralled but I noticed it was very distressed. After the show, I criticised Stephen for using the dog and he became offended and threw a cream pie in my face. We then just kept pieing each other and I'm not quite sure who had the last laugh.

I planned on having a lovely Sunday lie in after a busy weekend, but no. I woke up after dreaming about the start of what could be my perfect relationship. I hate feeling blissful in a dream, waking up, and then realising you don't have that something. 

Recently I've been trying to prioritise myself (because I never do) but in the back of my head I've really wanted to find someone I can just devote myself to. It's in my nature to love I guess so being alone is starting to take its toll on me (almost 9 months of singledom now. Woooo loneliness baby!). 

I really want to connect with someone like they do in the movies where it's not all about sex and lust and marriage and kids and adulting. I just want to find someone I can spend all my time with, get to know with, cuddle up with, and just be lost in each other with (sorry, that's a really clumsy sentence but you know what I mean).

I guess I just miss the purity and innocence of my first forays into love, now that adult relationships are just a 'mess of sadness and phobias'. I think I've just felt lonely recently and my brain has tried to cheer me up by showing me what I want. Yet now I just feel down because it doesn't (and arguably can't) exist.

Edited by nullmoon

Good shit:

Last night I dreamt I was back in my hometown, wandering the streets at night by myself. I think I either managed to lock myself out of the house or lost my keys.. While wandering around I stumbled upon a couple of mildly strange things: First I stumbled upon this absolutely massive, extremely rickety looking slide someone'd apparently just decided to put up in the middle of a side street. It was as tall as a two-story building and  looked incredibly unsafe so I made as wide a circle as possible around it.

I also vaguely remember seeing some kinda big leafless tree that seemed to either have security cameras embedded in it or had 'em growing from its branches butit was just kind of.. there.

Next thing I remember I was at the complete opposite side of town, somewhere on the main street, having somehow gotten my hands on a bike in the meantime. I noticed that for some reason there were a whole bunch of small hooded figures wandering around a bit further ahead of me and I kinda just noped out of there and decided to go back into my own street.

At this point things started to get really weird. As I got closer to my parents' place, some extremely disheveled looking, long-haired fat guy with meat hooks where his arms should be (up to the elbows) came at me outta nowhere and started attacking me. For some reason he was able to conjure up a mass of knives, nails, saw blades and general sharp objects out of the ground that would start homing in on people without stopping (like some weird shit outta JJBA).  At this point in the dream the sun had started to come up and people were already going about their business. From there on out the whole thing p much turned into me trying to somehow get away from that shit, assisted by some other people I happened to run into. I woke up before was any 'proper' conclusion unfortunately

Another recent dream involved some weird retro-futuristic style health spa that had some ridiculous tennis court surrounded by a moat, a kid begging his mom to let him go into the piranha tank and people sitting in trees chucking walnuts at the heads of random passersby. Also a LOT of struggling with locker doors

Edited by Tokage

Last night, I dreamt that I was listening to Sugar and just having a good time but then my mum came upstairs and yelled at me for listening to them cuz she didn't like them.

Spoiler

ihzGhM4.jpg

God, this one was bloody weird. I just had a nap and in my dream I had a nap as well and when I awoke there was a massive security camera in my room with "arms" and gloved hands like Mickey Mouse. It could extend out and inspect every corner of my flat. It also knew sign language. Also I fell in love with it. Like, romantic love. So, um. Yeah. Spread the robosexual love, I guess.

Last night, I dreamt that I was playing the FFVII remake and it was really good. The animation was, of course, top-notch and the character dynamics were excellent. Also I ran away to Germany and I'm not sure if that was a separate dream or if it was in the remake and I was a character but it felt like the two dreams were kind of intersecting.

Last night I had dream that I was in some kind of a school and our classroom was just a giant hall (very much like the great hall in Hogwarts in those Harry Potter movies). I had no idea what I was doing there though, I was just sitting at a table with some books in front of me. And a huge mug of green tea. And there were lumps of raw eggs in the tea. And for some reason I had to drink it. And it was freaking disgusting. Just lumpy, warm slime. Yet I kept drinking it. I don't think anything else even happened in the dream, it was just me sitting there and drinking the never ending egg lump tea.

When I finally woke up I felt so sick and nearly puked for real. Thanks brains for this absolutely wonderful experience.