Miasma

BORN

edit:

something is wrong with born ameba

i don't know if only my ameba acting stupid though

so nevermind this post

Not sure if anyone is interested, but this is the artist (and the company) who does Born's cover artworks since Blasted Animals. (at least. I think this is what it is).

http://www.fantasista.co.jp/works/

the world will awaken in 4 days.

BORN's new covers(new mini) aren't that good, the should try to work again with the creator of DOGMA and/or BLACKs

ps. Trying to get the topic hot.

Agreed. Although, I think my favorite covers are:

-abnormal head machine (for its simplicity. I think K designed it too).

-Vigour (for it's weird yet eye-catching imagery)

-Blasted Animals Limited Edition

-felony (I dunno, it just feels so VK to me)

Their covers are getting progressively uglier.

My favorite are:

DOGMA, both.

Sakura (I can't detect what is on it, maybe that's why I like)

Dust pain and AHM (Also, because of the simplicity)

Blasted Animals limited (Is not usual to see man with different animals heads on cd covers)

K should back to design covers :D

Their covers are getting progressively uglier. x2

I was listening to Son of a Bitch though recently and I really like the b-Sides.

The second track has a sweet guitar cadence and I like the chorus. Ryouga sings pretty well and I like the variety of vocals he uses (not overdone like in Stalin and Satisfaction!)

The 3rd track is okay. It's not as good imo but the guitar solo is solid. I don'the really like the first 2/3 of the song because it's repetitive and not that interesting, but once the piano comes and in and transitions into the solo, the song gets good.

What do people think of born's direction of sound? I feel like it hasn't been consistent and they just haven't been the same since Kifumi left. They focus too much on integrating electronics and, as a result, I feel they've lost their unique sound. I mean, their composition itself has been stale too.

Son of a bitch is a hard single to talk about, at first I really dislike it all.

But after a few listening I could enjoy it, for me, the 3rd is the best just because of this repetition xD and 2nd is less a I like because of that style of intro that almost destroy the full song.

The Stalin era (mini and live album) for me, saved the band, because releasing a work like Son of a bitch and Satisfaction would not be so accepted in the end.

Almost all vk bands are now following the electro/etc tendency, this is kind sad, because vocals are losing their magic to some shit machines >.>

About the Kifumi left the band, we can clear see they had a "hole", MOTHER and HONESTY are not that good.

Also a friend told me that Kifumi was kind forced to left by PSC after the almost 1 year of hiatus, like they did with SuG.

I have been kind of out of the loop with this band since BLASTED ANIMALS (a single that I couldn't even bother to listen to).

A few months ago, I checked out OHP previews of all the stuff they've released since RADICAL HYSTERIA 2012, and nothing really grabbed my attention, except maybe the HONESTY single, and the b-sides from Sun of a Bitch. I did download their STALIN mini album, maybe it'll be more listenable without the awful bonus tracks, but still haven't listened to it. And I also downloaded that live-limited single that leaked.

Most of their pre-VIGOUR material is much better IMO, but to me, BORN have always been "a cut below the rest." They've done some pretty cool stuff, some that's just okay, and some that's unlistenable, but I don't think they've ever released anything that would be worthy of my own "end of the year" lists, except for maybe Extremely Waltz and Dust pain (though I'm not too sure if anything else from [-Abnormal Head Machine-] was AOTY material; it was really good, but still, not good enough).

I will give their new ugly cover mini album a try, just because I remember being impressed by the preview for the first track...... only to be disappointed by the preview for the second track. :lol:

Their new mini is good, not all tracks are great, I can feel them more like Son of a bitch in this release.

オルテナ and foxy foxy, are my favorite.

La tarantulla and LETTER are good too.

坩堝 and 零未来-zeroAsu- are regular.

On the other hand, I can't listen DISASTER, just like 華 from Honestly and Mother b-sides.

@yakihiko:

Yeah, I can see that. But, with The Stalin, I felt like all the songs were not cohesive. The songs had nice segments, but as a whole the execution sounded clunky and/or uninteresting. It definitely sounds more faithful to their original sound compared to the singles (which isn't really saying much). I got major "Vigour" vibes from the mini. It's almost like a Vigour part II.

I think I'll give "The Stalin" another couple spins and re-evaluate it. It's been a while since I've listened to it, and at the time I did I had lots of hype that influenced the way I felt about the mini.

Wow, that sucks about Kifumi. I felt like he fit right in with born.

@Seimeisen: 

I agree about AHM, although, tbh I look at in a more favorable light than most people do. I guess for me I just really like the sound/atmosphere of the album. Many of the individual tracks can definitely be stronger, but I really do enjoy the album as a whole.

My personal favorite AHM tracks are "-A.H.M-", "Extremely Waltz", "Chemical Romance", "Tragedy", "Innocent bullet", "Rotten Cherry", "THE END".

Listening to their old material just makes me think of how much greater born COULD have been if they focused and developed this dark and sound. AHM was good, felony was great, and Red Hot Cobra wasn't bad. They wrote a lot of good slow-paced songs with good energy (felony, the fragrance noise, Cobra, etc.) I at least felt they were somewhat a bit unique at the time. Not a lot different, but enough to make me say "hey, I like these guys. They have a cool sound." Now everything just seems to be high energy and poppy.

That's why I felt like their live-limited singles gimmick was a BIG spit in the face to fans. They hinted at the possibility of bringing this sound back with the track list by including songs from that era, and then delivering A-sides that sounded exactly like stuff they were doing now, shoehorning in 3 boring electronic tracks Ryouga made when he was bored and decided he wanted to learn how to make DDR music on YouTube, and then re-packaging and splitting "felony" into those 3 different singles without doing something cool like a re-recording or anything. Oh yeah, and they were live-limited so fans who couldn't go to that live either had to cash out a bunch of money to buy it second hand at much higher prices (if a copy could even be found), or just not listen to it at all. 

I'm curious to see how well they would do with another album. born seems to be a "singles" band right now that just constantly churns out average singles. Vigour was alright. I feel like they could make a decent attempt at a 3rd album. 

The feeling I have with DISASTER was the same with SKIN and the japanese tracks from THE STALIN, but those 3 songs was way better as live versions, so this can change too soon.

I was very pissed with the live-limited:

first, they don't talk that felony's songs being remastered or not.

second, it's expensive as hell trying to get it.

third, thank a lot for Awakening Personality, I saw on mbok a combo with the three, but was very very expensive.

@@Seimeisen If you liked Son of the bitch b-sides, you should try that new mini first than THE STALIN.

In particular, alternative have the same vibe from Soab.

@ I was waiting a lot for a new full album this year, but when LIVE THE STALIN got released, I kind had to re-schedule myself to, probably, the end of 2016.

I really like this mini-album bc this is BORN and sounds like BORN.. THE STALIN and S.O.B don't sounds like BORN with that disco settings

I've surprised by foxy foxy and LETTER... I missed the ''ballads'' of BORN

I have nothing to say to the PV..... just... eugh... 

That's was not necessary.. nope.... nope

I think Alterna's PV benefits it lol, I love the nastiness of it.

FoxyFoxy has kind of grown on me a little? Still it's just completely the wrong kind of ballad for them. LETTER is better for their style but I just wish we could get more soft songs like NEO SCREAM again.

mio is still with them haaaa

I really started to hate born when they released Satisfaction, But....The Stalin(the mini album) and Alterna grew on me....the song did. well the be- fuck it...I love and hate the song i hate it so much I love it with all my heart. Lol i sound  fuckin retarded but I love Alterna