Maiku

What are you reading?

finished warren ellis' novella 'normal', heavily enjoyed it. a great quick read~
now:
ayn rand - the romantic manifesto

Edited by Paraph

I'm a bit more than halfway through a Hungarian edition of Robert Merle's novel Les hommes protégés (English title is The Virility Factor if I'm correct). The premise of the world's male population depleting due to a virus with women gradually taking the lead is an interesting one, but not sure how to feel about the author's viewpoint so far. It's kinda sexist and weird, although the style is very readable. We'll see where this goes, at this point I'm kinda on the fence with it.

finished the romantic manifesto. while i don't necessarily agree with all of ayn rand's viewpoints, i thought her observations on the decline of romanticism were pretty interesting. i had read of her narcissism and it definitely comes through in her writing, though.

about to start:

heart of darkness by joseph conrad (ayn rand is quaking in her grave)

Edited by Paraph

finished heart of darkness and the congo diaries by joseph conrad. i didn't particularly enjoy them tbh, but maybe i'll try reading something more substantial of his in the future.

next up:
the symposium by plato