Maiku

What are you reading?

Just started reading Bram Stoker's Dracula recently. I'm only a couple pages in, but I'm really (pleasantly) surprised how readable it is compared to how long ago it was written. Heard lots of good things about this one, let's see how it goes.

Lucidity is not defined by age.

The most opaque serious fiction was written over the past century; (Wyndham) Lewis; Joyce; Gaddis; Gass; Pynchon; Wallace; Vollmann; et alii

Recently finished 'Threats' by Amelia Gray. I found the overall mood and atmosphere to be quite strong and probably the novel's best part. The imagery was interesting and even quite beautiful at times in a kind of surreal nightmare/dream logic type of way (it helps that  I'm pretty easily swayed by surreal stuff in general though), but I still feel a bit disappointed that the actual plot ends up not really going anywhere at all and just kind of fizzes out without any kind of resolution. At the same time, since it's about grief, loss and disorientation that may have been somewhat intentional, I dunno. 

To bring some weebery into this I'm rereading through some type moon novels, DDD and Fate/strange fake. I've given up all hope on this company but they still have some diamonds in the rough 

thinking of stalling juenger 'cause he was a nazi & that is edgy

Edited by Azaeroe

Looking for essays not of material-focussed socio-economics, but of exactly that which is not material-focussed.

Never mind.

I am currently reading the first volume of Pushkin's lyric, because Nabokov mentioned him, in an interview.

Edited by Azaeroe

I am currently reading Céline's Journey, because I never have, in full.

Edited by Azaeroe

I'm reading The Achievement Habit by Bernard Roth. I went through a phase of buying motivational/life skills audiobooks before realising how boring they are, but pushing myself to go through it

I am currently reading Nabokov's Speak Memory, because I feel I can get a better sense of his fiction, if I read his autobiography.