Mamo

Top 10 Best Short-lived VK Bands?

By short lived I mean two years or less.

My list:

1. Black:List

2. The Rudie Satan Park

3. Le'veil

4. Die la' vice

5. DirmuNot

6. As Milk.

7. BUG FRIDAY

8. Darty Drop

9. Tokage

10. Blanc Neige

The only one I can second on that sume's list is Black:List. Everything else I'm either unfamiliar with or were horrible.

Which ones do you hate?

The Rudie Satan Park: over hyped bad to mediocre VK. People only like them because they're heavy and full of screams and that doesn't make it good music. The vocalist, while OK at screaming, positively rapes my ears with his singing. Please, gtfo.

Darty Drop: LOL. Next.

Le'veil: Le'veil is to D'espairsRay what La:Sadie's is to Dir en grey - no one would care about them if it weren't for what they became. As they are, they aren't bad but they aren't special. They're decidedly average and deserve no spot on a top 10.

I would really like to ask why you haven't considered GULLET, tosinn, or gossip for any of those positions.

The Rudie Satan Park: over hyped bad to mediocre VK. People only like them because they're heavy and full of screams and that doesn't make it good music. The vocalist, while OK at screaming, positively rapes my ears with his singing. Please, gtfo.

Le'veil: Le'veil is to D'espairsRay what La:Sadie's is to Dir en grey - no one would care about them if it weren't for what they became. As they are, they aren't bad but they aren't special. They're decidedly average and deserve no spot on a top 10.

I would really like to ask why you haven't considered GULLET, tosinn, or gossip for any of those positions.

GULLET was generic as shit. I don't understand the love for them.

gossip was pretty terrible, too. Outside of hiro's voice, there was nothing that made them stand out.

GULLET was generic as shit. I don't understand the love for them.

gossip was pretty terrible, too. Outside of hiro's voice, there was nothing that made them stand out.

Well I'm just assuming certain things about his taste in music based off of what he's posted in various threads and in this one. Maybe that isn't right but it's the only way for me to ask questions and get answers. I'm throwing out some of the more popular bands of the last few years that weren't included on that list and I'm asking him why those weren't considered when compared to some of the bands on his list that I personally find unlistenable. Sure, not everyone's going to like the same things but not seeing the staple GULLET, tosinn, gossip or Heartless answers really intrigued me.

So I decided to ask :)

Honestly though I'm no expert on this subject. I skipped over the whole "BE ENAMORED WITH RARE KVLT INDIE BANDS" phase and jumped right to the cynicism.

I'm not a serious indies VK listener so I have no idea who most of the bands listed are besides The Rudie Satan Park from the rarez hype they had here (lulz) and dirmunot because also around that time I think, they were similarly hyped for their awfulness.

I did like Necrocircus and ARTS back in the day though. Not sure how long the latter was around but I'm assuming not really that long. I still kinda like both actually >_> Couldn't say they were the best though since I don't have a wide enough scope.

D'AIR

I remember being so into their vocalist. :wub:

Anyway, these bands are short-lived for a reason. The only one on OP's list is I agree with remotely is as.milk, the rest are extremely awful. Especially Dirmu Not and THE RUDIE SATAN PARK, what the hell. So bad.

All I can think to suggest is Jaguar, Kalimero, tosinn, ShaGIRL and Kazoku :| unfade were sort of cool and didn't hang around too long.

------>IDIOT<------ two vocal songs are not enough!! We need that album NOW!

My-list:

AI-版

Liqueur

Mist

ヒメユリ

カザリ

Lerise

メイ(関西)

DRAGON

Pizzcato.

Rosario

------>IDIOT<------ two vocal songs are not enough!! We need that album NOW!

i still wishing they could release black egg before disbanding though :D

I don't have a top ten list either, because most short-lived bands lasted so little for a reason: they sucked.

If I had to choose a few that were actually good, I'd go with tosinn and babysitter. And I'm not sure if GULLET can be even considered short-lived.

Can't think of a single decent VK-band that was short-lived. With that being said, I've never checked out too many.