Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

Excited to potentially get FF-type-0 if I ever get a PS4. I watched a demo on youtube of someone trying out the way summons work, but it was some of the worst narration I've ever seen and completely uninspiring. 

I also did a personality test to see which if the 2034032402345252 playable characters I am most like, and I got the battle flautist.

http://finalfantasytype0.com/quiz/

So far type-0 HD is an average port at best. I'll give you the run down.

PROS

• The graphics. the game itself looks amazing and they did a pretty alright job with the graphics part of the remaster. You couldn't get this game to look this good even if you were to emulate the psp version on PC and upscale to 1440p with AA.  here's a video comparison below in the spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTAXATdxac

• 60 FPS. Yes this matters and it does make a difference, this game plays so much better at a higher frame rate, it's just unimaginably smooth
  • There is nothing in this port that technically makes it worse than the original, and by that I mean that it runs about the same (if not better) and there's no bugs that I can tell that were introduced in the porting process.

CONS

• There is nothing in this port that technically makes it better than the original, and by that I mean that gameplay/mechanic wise they did not try to improve anything, everything is pretty much the same even though their could of been a few things they could of improved upon (example would be the god awful camera).
  • The translation and dub. This is more of a personal con to me... The translation isn't the worse I've seen but overall the Fan Translation is miles above this official one and really shows that the fans that weren't even getting paid to do it, took more TLC translating the game then the actual people who were getting paid to do it. also the dub is just plain lazy and you can really tell that they didn't spend a lot of money on it. Thank god that Square has finally started to do dual audio in there games now.
  • My biggest gripe with the game is that they took out the multiplayer aspects. Yes type-0 psp had multiplayer and they totally axed it from this version all together. Honestly I understand why they did this but that still doesn't make it any better when I start to wonder what could of been.

With all this said, it's still worth the buy considering that the core game is intact and in some aspects the experience is a bit better if you care about graphics and frame rate. This version of the game is still just as fun as the psp and I welcome it to my collection.

Well, I will try to get the Type-0 too, it looks interesting.

Also in this year I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV... maybe Mortal Kombat X.

• My biggest gripe with the game is that they took out the multiplayer aspects. Yes type-0 psp had multiplayer and they totally axed it from this version all together. Honestly I understand why they did this but that still doesn't make it any better when I start to wonder what could of been.

They said that they are going to add it later.  I just hope we won't have to pay for it -.-

They said that they are going to add it later.  I just hope we won't have to pay for it -.-

Really that's awesome :) Do you by chance have an official source for this info, I want to make sure xD

Really that's awesome :) Do you by chance have an official source for this info, I want to make sure xD

Gah nevermind...it was probably an old rumor. :( Sorry.  I found this: clicky.

SI_3DS_FantasyLife.png

Level-5 continues the bullshit by announcing Fantasy Life 2 for....SMARTPHONES. >.>;;

""""explications""":

“I’d say Fantasy Life has elements and mechanisms which adults find soothing. Although children play games on dedicated game systems, recently many adults have been playing on smartphones.”

“The supported hardware for this game was decided based on thinking of an environment where more adults play.”

#STAHP

No need to said too that we (the rest of the world) are still waiting for the fucking Yokai Watch to come! "We are in development planning to release it sometimes next year" oooh that's nice of you!! The fuck are you doing exactly?!? The 3 has been confirmed and we still haven't the fucking 1!

This company pisses me off, you have no idea.

As much as I love FL, I'll boycott the 2, and I'll stop here (or I am gonna say baaaad things).

/RANT

Konami sucks.

I thought it was an April fools joke aaaaaand it wasn't. 

On a different topic, I can't wait to see the DLC characters for Mortal Kombat X in action.

That game is sweeeeeeeeeet.

So, Silent Hills apparently isn't happening. .... I'm so enraged right now- All my hopes and dreams - gone! How unbelievably cruel this world is to a poor soul like me.

yeah, it really was one of the (if not THE) most interesting projects out there, despite beeing "just" a sequel to an established franchise. such a shame :(

Konami is fucking up, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they disappear soon.

And yeah whatever they do with silent hill now that Kojima and Del Toro aren't on it, is probably gonna be a train wreck just like all their other shit that doesn't have Kojima involved xD

Fuck Konami for this, seriously. I hope they go bankrupt, they're way past their glory days anyway

Two more fighters have been added to the list of Tekken 7 challengers. 

T7GigasCG-art.jpg

JosieRizalT7.jpg

Gigas could have perfectly been a character coming from the Metal Gear universe or something, I like both the look and the combos.

Josie is meh. 

^ Gigas is basically an amalgamation of a Jack robot and Marduk (at least based on their key moves...), and wth is the point of Josie?

Namco at its concept rehashing spree, it seems.

I agree. Especially the female characters, their looks and moves are so uninspired smh. 

Another new fighter is Kazumi Mishima, sadly she will be an unplayable character. 

1.jpg