Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

I agree. Especially the female characters, their looks and moves are so uninspired smh. 

Another new fighter is Kazumi Mishima, sadly she will be an unplayable character. 

1.jpg

:-(

I decided to take a peek @movelists for new characters, and dude - is it me or is Harada intending to replace a *wide* cast of characters from previous games? I am assuming so seeing as movelists are either highly lacking in the creaitivity department or Harada intends to make some of the characters completely absent: Shaheen rips most of his moves from Raven, Josie is pretty much a female Bruce Irvin, Lucky Chloe is a wack, button-mashing Christie plagiarizer, Gigas is a low-tier ver. of Marduk (see: video below), Katarina is a female Lee-meets-Anna's movesets, Claudio is Lars v.2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgXpzKFYGc

Guess post-2010 era is one hell of a fighting franchise killer (no, I didn't like MKX either)...unless VF manages to get my hopes up :V

edit: massive keks @ Kazumi's storyline though

Lmao I hope he ain't doing that or there's no way I'm gonna buy the game, but that could really be... They're doing the same shit as other developers anyway: rest on your laurels once you're popular enough to sell thanks to the name of your game. I feel like the team is just taking "inspiration" from original fighters and making new ones, either when it comes to the moves or the looks - as a result, the new fighters fail to look new. Even if I'm a huge fan of the franchise, they better include the characters from the previous games/make better ones or I'm gonna kick Harada's ass.

At worst, the game will get a lot of credit for looking beautiful.

edit: massive keks @ Kazumi's storyline though

yes. Btw she might be playable in Tekken 8. 

^ Harada's actually causing controversy (again) during pre-"final arcade version" promos with his new characters (I will spoiler the rest for convenience):

Apparently Josie's full name (Josie Rizal, which is derived from a real life person called "Jose Rizal", wiki him if you are curious) has caused a bit of hassle in the Philippines due to the fact that Harada went out of his way to name his (another generic) girl character after one of their most respected (and "sacred" afaik? I might be wrong) historic figures (who's a guy btw).

Also, Kazumi *should* be playable at this point seeing as computer gameplay-wise she is a total nerf boss compared to the tanks from earlier series in the vein of Azazel or even Jinpachi from T5 : | In addition, her "demonic" design was actually the first thing that enticed to put "keks" above, seeing as it was so corny-looking...like any post-T4 Tekken :P

Fuck sake Harada, you legend. XD Pretty obvious that it was going to bother the Philippines, we're talking about their hero after all. But honestly I wasn't aware that they took their inspiration from that dude to create Josie, like, woah. Or should I say, WHY. I'm shocked that Avril Lavigne didn't say anything about Lucky Chloe though. 

Yep that's right. Maybe she isn't playable for now, namely for the arcade version of the game? Devil Kazumi looks like whatever you want but devil. Her original look is miles better, huh.

#tentacles 

Tekken goes Hentai with the new Yoshimitsu.

Harada's gonna have some problems with Warframe imo. Gotta love the look anyway. 

tumblr_no0kk2cOoW1tadv3go1_1280.jpg

tumblr_no17seLqop1usrgjso3_540.gif

tumblr_no17seLqop1usrgjso1_540.gif

tumblr_no17seLqop1usrgjso2_540.gif

^ I can recognize some of his Soul Calibur-era moves, lol Harada (that look might scream a bit controversy too...) + dat comeback of his old entrance (Indian stance + teleporting in the beginning of the battle)!!!

Not that I was interested in this (delayed, once again) game, but man, their excuse is pure BULLSHIT, I can't even. "They have been trying to develop the game on the wiiu for longer than the ps4 and xbone. The wiiu just can’t handle it" not at all, they are just big shit, nothing else XDDD. You can try to bring it on the supposedly NX, I'm sure no one will forget your mess and buy your shit.
Do you imagine, if everyone was thinking like that "we will bring our shit on the next gen" ??? it's ridiculous. You need to live with the current time/gen. In overall, I'm so done with all of these devs who considers the WiiU gamers like shit.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/25/project-cars-on-wii-u-is-basically-dead-and-the-team-are-hoping-to-bring-it-to-nintendo-nx/

Dark Souls 3 info leaked!!! pretty awesome news even though i really liked bloodborne, it just wasn't dark souls. they better make that PC port happen though, fuck this "negotiable" shit xD

All I can say is:

@Visutox:

She will be apparently playable (at least her "standard" version, not the devil one)? Talk about a sudden change in series, after not getting a chance to play final bosses right away for a decade or so o_O

Bravely Second: End Layer 'is planned to be released in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand in 2016.' Still playing the first game, Bravely Default and I haven't gotten far in it at all but I'm excited for this release. It's one of my favourite games on the 3DS.

I'm crying a little ._. 7 was the first one I've ever played + those graphics. Ah... I'm only wondering what they've done to the fighting system because they can't have left that as it was. (Also gimme that dual audio because I wouldn't mind listening to Sakurai for an entire game)

FFXV

FFVII remake

KH3

Uncharted

The new Tomb Raider one

I'm ready. I'm totally ready.

First of all I have to get a little something off my chest.

I'm sick of everyone fawning over a FF7 remake... I've had to listen to this shit for the last 10+ years of how everyone wants a FF7 remake and then it was announced today and I have to hear about it just as much as i have the past ten years and then some. Don't get me wrong I'm hype, I'm most definitely gonna play it when it comes out and will probably love it, but I'm so sick of how overrated Final Fantasy 7 is compared other FF games, holy shit the game wasn't that great people, there's at least four other FF games that are better than 7 that i could name right now.

/rant/myopinion/

okay now that I got that out, omg last guardian was an amazing surprise and I'm so glad it didn't become vaporware :) also Uncharted 4 is seriously looking beautiful and I'm still shitting over how awesome it's gonna be to drive. there's about a million other things i'd like to talk about that I've seen over the past few days, but If I was to do that this post would go on for days :lol: so instead I'm gonna do something like this.

My top 5 highlights so far at E3 2015:

#1 Fallout 4

#2 Dishonored 2

#3 Star Wars Battlefront

#4 The Last Guardian

#5 Uncharted 4

There was a lot of other really awesome things I saw but these were definitely the five that I'm the most excited about at the moment.

Happy E3 everyone <3

I'm just excited because I love all the Final Fantasy games...I was never in the 'I want a remake crowd' but I ain't complaining! And omg, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 look great! I can't wait for all of those games pretty much lol. No Man's Sky looks really interesting.  But eh, don't care about COD.

And yeah, FALLOUT 4! Even if it is buggy as hell (but not as buggy as NV) I'm going to love it!

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Shenmue 3 at the same conference? What the actual fuck xD

I've never seen the point in a FFVII remake, and I still don't. I love the original but I've never seen the point in constantly looking backwards and relying on past successes rather than looking forward and innovating. That said, however, my reaction is pretty similar to my FFXHD reaction: I didn't ask for this and if it was my choice then it wouldn't be happening, but if it's happening anyway then ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! I have a feeling a lot of people will turn against it when they realise how much they're going to change and alter things to make the game work on modern consoles, though. Considering how much hate FFXHD got for simple OST rearrangements and retextures, imagine what complete overhauls in FFVII are going to get?

The Shenmue 3 announcement feels completely unreal. I always knew that if that game was ever going to have the slightest hope in hell of being made that it would have to come through crowd-funding or something to that effect, but I'm still utterly stunned.