Sign in to follow this  
kai_desu

ONE PIECE [warning: possible spoilers]

first 12 episodes are slow as fuck, imo it doesn't really start picking up till the sky island arc, around episodes 100-150 :D

REALLY? Personally, I wasn't really a fan of the sky island arc. The alabasta arc got me REALLY excited, so at the time, I was anxious to see if they'd have any more encounters with the world government or shichibukai. So I was disappointed when the enemies there had nothing to do with either LOL....BUTTTTTTTTT....in retrospect, I guess it makes sense. And the story did advance in several ways I guess - the fact that sky islands exist was established, mantra/haki was introduced, usopp obtained the dial technology, Nami obtained the waver, the spirit of the Going Merry appeared for the first time, and a bit more about the poneglyph mystery was revealed.

Even though all of these things continued to play role in the series, there's still something that rubbed me wrong about the sky island arc...can't put my finger on it though.

The first time I REALLY started to dig OP was during the Arlong arc. First of all, I thought the whole merman thing was pretty awesome lol. Arlong was also the first antagonist to really make me hate his guts haha. Nami's entire back story was also pretty touching.

Enies Lobby/Water 7 arc was also great - even though they may have drawn that part of the series out a bit longer than necessary with all the filler and whatnot. Both Robin and Nami had some pretty powerful back-stories.

Well a little suggestion for me regarding movies,

since, like most anime movie (read: not OVAs),

it has nothing to do with the canon arcs,

(except movie 8, 9 which based on the Arabasta arc and the Drum Island arc. Respectively )

for some people it may confuse them.

So it is better to only watch it when you are already familiar

with the canon arcs, so you can differ.

With movie 10 as the only movie that canonical since it's story was written by Oda himself.

(It is set between the Thriller Bark arc and the events on Sabaody Archipelago.)

Mostly it is only about original adventure plots to different part of the One Piece universe.

It is of course worth watching, and entertaining.

Though may not as heavy as the series in content.

As most of these movies were released during Spring season.

It was truly targeted for fans to watch it with their family and such.

And CAT, if you like merman, wait until your read latest arcs ;)

The story line is far more weighty than ever, too.

I think it's a given that everyone loves luffy, but who are your favorite male characters besides him? Who are you fav. female characters as well?

Usopp is my favourite. I'm basing off of lulz and that guy has probably made me laugh the most. I mean, remember in Skypia when he had that grappling hook attached to his belt? I don't know how I feel about this new tougher Usopp, I like the helpless cry baby Usopp.

Oh as for arcs, my favourite arc is Alabasta and my least favourite is Thriller Bark. Fishmen Island so far is okay. Thriller Bark was pretty funny but Moria and the other villains weren't that interesting. However when Franky tried to force everyone to transform into a mech and Robin refusing because it was embarrassing had me in tears.

Usopp is cool, though I admit that his cowardly antics were annoying at times. I haven't read much into fishman island yet, as I've only caught up in the anime a few days ago, but so far, I like the new Usopp. I can't tell if he REALLY has grown tougher yet, but his appearance is a lot cooler...Plus I think it would only make sense for Usopp to grow a bit more manlier after everything they've been through.

Thriller Bark was pretty funny but Moria and the other villains weren't that interesting. However when Franky tried to force everyone to transform into a mech and Robin refusing because it was embarrassing had me in tears.

I HIGHLY agree on both points! I was fairly disappointed in Moria...I expected more with him being a shichibukai and all, but he was pretty much a weakling. But when Kuma entered the picture....I was like "HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"...this dude is no joke.

and yes, that transforming part was hilarious.

After luffy, my fav male Character right now is probably between...Franky or Brook. Like arithmetica, I'm also basing this off of LOLZ, haha. I find both guys hilarious. In the anime, whenever Franky says "Suuuperrrr", or some other random english word, I can't help, but smirk lol. It's the same with Brook - his "yohohoho's", and uber politeness (sometimes lewd-politeness) ;p

My fav. female character is probably Hancock, who I also find hilarious. Not only is she bad-ass, but she's also silly as hell...she damn near has split personalities lol. Her delusions of her and luffy are usually pretty comical and that "looking down" stance....haha wtf :spin:

The other thing that I didn't like about Thriller Bark is it's the arc they get Brook and his role seemed to be pretty insignificant. He got his shadow back and then he was just kinda hanging out on the side line, he wasn't even the one to get it back. It ended up being a Zoro fight. I like Brook but compared to Franky, Chopper, Usopp and all the others his joining of the Stawhats story was kind of lack luster.

i used to hate Usopp, i always thought he were only for comical purpose.

But after 2 years, he grown into someone i loved now.

He grown stronger and cooler. And no more cowardly antics.

Sanji is cool too cos he is flamboyant and using martial arts.

No super power or weapon or whatsoever.

The other thing that I didn't like about Thriller Bark is it's the arc they get Brook and his role seemed to be pretty insignificant. He got his shadow back and then he was just kinda hanging out on the side line, he wasn't even the one to get it back. It ended up being a Zoro fight. I like Brook but compared to Franky, Chopper, Usopp and all the others his joining of the Stawhats story was kind of lack luster.

ehhh....I kinda agree. I was hoping that brook would have some pretty cool power being a devil-fruit user and all, so I was a bit disappointed to see that he's just an ordinary swordsman...and nowhere near as good as Zoro at that. I think they could have gave him some more interesting skills...but has he learned anything new since the 2 year time skip?

I actually didn't mind that Zoro fight, though. I thought it was pretty cool that he was able to obtain a rare sword out of the deal.

Brook's backstory did kinda pale in comparison to the others...and his "dream" is also a bit vague compared to the others....I mean he just wants to meet up with that whale? MEH :V

random thought: If they ever make it to elbaf, I wonder if they're encounter any giants with devil fruit powers, haha :lol:

SPQK1rGps_E

I love LIttleKuriboh. Worst part is that the ones he's acutally imitating truly exist on YouTube.

So yeah...I'm too impatient...so I've been reading the manga lately. I wonder if they're actually gonna include Sanji's life-threatening nose-bleeds in the anime? I personally think it's hilarious, but it might be a bit *too* much to include in the anime, huh?

^ if the new episode this week is any indication then I guess we can safely assume the fatal Sanji nosebleeds will be included in the anime. I really don't see how they're "too" much for the anime?

Wow, I'm confused. The anime is going into some new arc with this "Z" character instead of punk hazard...yet the new OP movie will be about "Z"...so why is he in the anime???? Anyone know any details about this? o.o

^ they did something similar to this before Strong World came out, but I'm pretty sure it's just to set up for the movie and/or to help promote/hype it up before theater release. So yeah this shouldn't last more than a few weeks me thinks.. not that I care, I'll gladly watch this arc even if it's long as shit.

someone tell me when punk hazard starts xD

They're getting into it now (little late on replying to this - they're a few episodes in already)

So yeah the manga is getting extremely good! I can't wait to see the current arc animated :)

The anime has also been hitting those really good episodes lately... when I saw Luffy punch out Caesar and send him flying and the rage displayed by Luffy.... it was fucking so good. Also the last two episodes were amazing the entire thing between Monet and Donflamingo is just great. Just the way it seems they are portraying Donflamingo, making him seem more human and that his subordinates really care for him as much as Luffy's care for him... and the bit about them wanting to make him the pirate king, just omg such good feels going on in the last few episodes.

The anime does a really good job of expressing those feels that are really hard to grasp when reading the manga, they're there but the intent is harder to understand imo.

Sign in to follow this