Sign in to follow this  
kai_desu

ONE PIECE [warning: possible spoilers]

i started to not like it that much because they are too good guy-ish

^ Who the main characters? uh no they are not good guys as in hero's ... they are "good hearted" but they are pirates and they hate being called "heroes" and the such as Luffy and other characters have mentioned throughout the series multiple times. they just know right from wrong and aren't evil to the core. they still do bad things that pirates would be expected to do but they know the difference between morally right and wrong.

Just a bit curious how far are you into the series? knowing that I can have a better idea of your knowledge level of the show.

^yeah the main characters. just because they think they are heros  doesnt mean they not, people think i have money when i really don't, i just keep my stuff in good condition. i think its the whole we are pirates, but lets save everyone thing that gets my annoyed, cause i'm fine with other good guy-ish animes. law and robin are my fav so far. sanji, zoro, and luffy worst. i'm ready for the arena and sanji to get his butt whoped (read and herd a little).

oh you're talking about the manga? lol I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody else... WATCH THE SHOW TOO! I can see how somebody wouldn't like the manga... I began with the show and then read the manga, and for me that gave me tremendous insight on the series as a whole. IMO if you're going to only do one then watch the anime over reading the manga. trust me you'll probably like it more that way.

noo noo i dont read the manga i watch the anime, i ment read off their wikia, and herd a few chapter reveiws on YT for insight on whats going to happen next was kinda bored with punk hazard.

yeahh hope the fighting is good. check back when it starts?

ha i just watched it. but I'm going in calm cause high hopes can ruin things for me.

Yeah well in my eyes one piece can never do wrong so I pretty much like everything, but I will say that the dressarosa arc is definitely better than the fishman and punk hazard arcs but then again I'm extremely biased when it comes to OP... so take that with a grain of salt i suppose XD

not wrong more like good but not omg is what i've been feeling

new ark looking good. good op and song

yeah I love the new opening, and I can't believe it's already the 15th anniversary... but new ark started off so good though, the ending was hella intense too. I almost thought it was gonna continue but then it ended on that last roll XD

Fujitora is such a badass for a blind man though... i can't wait to see him later on XD

although on another note the pacing in this episode was crazy slow, they barely adapted half of a chapter with this episode.... I'm not really complaining though, I know that it's nothing new with this show and I don't really mind the slowness :D

slow seemed to fit, though i was waiting for a fight.

thought as much

just watch the new episode, and it was ok, feel like there's gonna be a lot of different things going on starting now. but didn't the guy lie about flamflam fruit being the strongest logia though, i mean ace did die, and the lighting would be the strongest. and where is white beards crew? i think they should join luffy since his crew and fleet is small, and his relation to ace.

He wasn't saying that the mera mera no mi was the strongest devil fruit, but that it was a Logia and the Logia type is the strongest out of the tree types (Paramecia, Zoan, Logia).

And I hope Whitebeard's crew shows up again in the near future also, but I hope they never join the Strawhats... I just don't like that idea at all. I'm still struggling with the fact that Jimbei will eventually join the crew (and I actually like him as a character...)  and then there's the whole uncertainty of what Kinemmon and Momo will do... I have feeling they will probably go their separate ways sooner or later though but you never know.

anyways on to the newest episode.

HOLY FUCK! that scene with Fujitora and the giant bottomless pit was amazing! It was so intense definitely captured the scene in the manga perfectly. and I lol'd at Luffy and Franky shaking down the Mingo lackey... it was totally funny to see Luffy acting and talking like a thug/mobster xD and then we get another pretty intense cliffhanger.

Next week the action is going to ramp up yet again, so get ready for it :)

Also where is all the other one piece fans? I know tons of people watch this show and yet this thread is hella dead except for me and blackdoll going back and forth...

i just feel like the the straw hats will get crushed with thier small size.

About the gravity power it was sweet, but i like the zach bell ver better. i wanna see the meteor fall though, see if his or madara's is better. sorry i group things alot

So finally caught up with the anime. Absolutely loving these Dressrosa episodes so far! Even though I know what's going to happen since I'm a bit ahead in the manga, watching them animated is wonderful....It really reminds me of when I first started watching OP...the entire feeling of this arc so far is just wonderful.

Ep. 635 was definitely pretty funny. Sanji especially...dude just lost track of everything. "Dear Nami and Robin, how's the weather there?", "I'm being hit by a hurricane...called love"....lmao

Yeah these last few episodes have been great! and the manga is getting good right now. Just it's a shame that the anime is going at a snails pace but that's what happens when you have it so close together with where the manga is at.

I forgot to mention that I'm loving how they've colored and voiced Bartolomeo! Just perfect!

Rebecca's voice is a bit cuter than I expected and Fujitora's voice is much more menacing and evil-sounding than I imagined!

and yeah saku, I hope they find a nice balance with the anime/manga soon. The Dressrosa arc is starting wonderfully, but the anime's pacing of Punk Hazard was getting annoying and boring XD

Yeah Bartolomeo is done so well in the anime <3 I can't wait to see his awesome ability animated! Rebecca is pretty spot on if i do say so myself, her voice is appropriate since she is rather young (she's 16 in the manga) and I agree about Fujitora being a little more evil sounding then one would expect from reading the manga, but you have to think we really don't know much about him and plus he is on the world governments side.. and we all know most of those bastards are fucking evil as shit. I'm also feeling Cavendish in the anime so much. Probably more than I should >.<

I wouldn't hold my breath on hoping they'll find a nice balance. because it might seem like they are going at a good pace right now, but that's just because the start of the Dressarosa arc is really confusing and all over the place at the beginning which makes it seem like they're pacing it good but really that's just how the arc is at the start. They're still only hitting about one chapter per episode so far and that will probably go to a half a chapter per episode very soon once they get shit established.

To tell you the truth I really don't mind the slow pacing in the one piece anime. I find that the slowness lets them flesh out a lot of scenes that are otherwise very confusing in the manga due to going by so fast.

Yeah Bartolomeo is done so well in the anime <3 I can't wait to see his awesome ability animated! Rebecca is pretty spot on if i do say so myself, her voice is appropriate since she is rather young (she's 16 in the manga) and I agree about Fujitora being a little more evil sounding then one would expect from reading the manga, but you have to think we really don't know much about him and plus he is on the world governments side.. and we all know most of those bastards are fucking evil as shit. I'm also feeling Cavendish in the anime so much. Probably more than I should >.<

I wouldn't hold my breath on hoping they'll find a nice balance. because it might seem like they are going at a good pace right now, but that's just because the start of the Dressarosa arc is really confusing and all over the place at the beginning which makes it seem like they're pacing it good but really that's just how the arc is at the start. They're still only hitting about one chapter per episode so far and that will probably go to a half a chapter per episode very soon once they get shit established.

To tell you the truth I really don't mind the slow pacing in the one piece anime. I find that the slowness lets them flesh out a lot of scenes that are otherwise very confusing in the manga due to going by so fast.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Cavendish! They did an amazing job with him as well. Looks like you can't resist his charm :P

I didn't know about Rebecca's age tbh, but her voice makes sense now. And yeah, Fujitora definitely has to be evil to some extent...he's a fucking admiral! Even Kuzan, despite his current standing and his aloof personality quirks, was pretty die-hard when he was in the marines (although still not to the extent of Akainu and Kizaru...those bastards are beyond cray cray). Can't wait to see when the 3rd new admiral appears. And on that note, I also can't wait to see what CP0 is up to! CP9 was without a doubt one of the crew's toughest enemies ever...i mean fuck, they pushed everyone to new levels! I wonder if Lucci will ever appear again? I don't know why, but he's just really bad-ass to me LOL. Although his skillset wouldn't stand a chance against the current straw-hat lineup.

About the pacing, yeah, that's probably what will happen. The Dressrose arc was/is definitely confusing to read, so watching the anime certainly makes things more clear. That's also a good point about them being able to flesh out scenes too...I just hope they don't resort to abusing flashbacks...especially of stuff that happened only an episode or 2 ago!

Sign in to follow this