Okay since Destiny is only 5 days away I figured we can go ahead and make a topic for it here.

Pretty much talk about whatever here that has to do with the game. Are you getting the game? what platform? what do you think about destiny? etc.

I'll be getting the game on launch at the midnight opening at my local gamestop for my PS4. My PSN ID is Zman_the_killer if anyone wants to go ahead and add me. I have a mic and plan to be very active in the game for the foreseeable future.

so far bungie has made it clear that their will be no random matchmaking for raids, which has quite a few people worried because what are the odds that you'll be able to find 5 other friends that are available to play with for upwards of two hours. That's where the fans have come in and created a site called That Wizard Came From The Moon that will pretty much make it easy to meet people to play with when you can't find enough friends available to do that raid you want play. I've already made an account there and can already see that it will be a great place to make new friends. If you want to add me on the site, you should be able to find me through my PSN ID or my username (I go by Towa there).

last but not least bungie has teamed up with google to do a "planet view" of the world of Destiny. It's pretty much street view where you'll be able to explore the moon, mars, and venus. Not only is there a lot of info that can be discovered in this but also if you complete the experience you'll get a code for a special in game emblem. The website only works on google chrome though.

https://www.destinyplanetview.com

Now go ahead and post away, I've been looking foward to this game for years, even before this game was announced or we knew anything about it. I'm so excited and can hardly contain myself... 5 days have never seemed so long xD

Fuck that's a really cool collectors edition, I almost wish I would have ponied up the extra cash for it...

also there's this live action trailer...

It's official pre-loading for PS3 and PS4 is live starting right now, so if you bought digitally go ahead and make sure you pre-load :)

also;

Destiny’s servers will go live on Monday, September 8, at 12 noon GMT / 7am EDT / 4am PDT.

Anyone who gets hold of the game early – including press reviewing Bungie’s shooter – will be able to play. Whether retailers begin sending out the game ahead of its September 9 launch is another matter.

for you lucky people who get the game a little early.

Damn really? Nobody is getting this game?

well here's a neat video breaking down the live action trailer I posted above. There's some pretty interesting theories discussed.

I'm not buying it until it's available somewhere used for like $20 or something XD It feels like any other third-person shooter (EXCEPT WE'RE IN SPAAAACE) and I'm really picky about those. Plus I'm not a big online gamer, I don't like playing competetively.

They're predicting $700-800 million in sales just this week though. I didn't know this game was so hyped.

it's not third person it's first person... and yeah it's the most pre-ordered game of this year, Also developed by Bungie so of course everybody is hyping it up. If I had to describe the game I would say it's like a cross between Halo, Borderlands, and Mass Effect.

Honestly if you don't plan on playing with friends online then just don't get it at all, because otherwise it's a very boring game after a while playing by yourself. It's painfully obvious they made this game to be tons of fun when playing with other people.

So far I'm like 12-16 hours in and just hit level 14 I'm playing a Hunter and I plan on going into blade dancer for my subclass. My impression so far is mostly good, of course there are a few things about the game that I wish were different but a lot of aspects I love. The game will probably just keep getting better and better from this point forward... I'm really curious as to what kinda content Bungie will bringing forth to the table with patches and expansions.

I got the game too and I'm loving it so far! I did like only 4 missions and I'm lvl 4 yet but I think I'll be playing this game for long =D

I love Bungie so much hrrgh. Unfortunately my system isn't set up because I'm currently moving, so I've only played a little bit at a mate's house as a warlock. I don't have any major complaints, yet..

I also loved the live action trailer btw. I dig this live action shit from video games (there are some nice Assassin's Creed parkour/ role play videos out there)

If anyone wants to join a Fireteam on the XONE, please do not hesitate to add me on GreenLanternDCU — leave a message when you do however, if I don't know who you are I'll probably not accept any requests :P

I just finished the vault of glass raid with a group of buddies online and damn that shit was so fucking hard but so satisfying! Like holy shit I don't think I've ever played something that hard before in any game. Kudos to bungie as well for not making it just artificial difficulty either, because that shit has hella puzzles and actually is pretty interesting when it comes to some of the mechanics. I hope all the raids from this one forth has the same level of quality and thought put into them...

holy shit my adrenaline is out the roof right now :D

btw I'm Lvl. 27 Hunter with all legendary and exotic gear. if anyone wants to play hit me up. my PSN is Zman_the_Killer

I just finished the vault of glass raid with a group of buddies online and damn that shit was so fucking hard but so satisfying! Like holy shit I don't think I've ever played something that hard before in any game. Kudos to bungie as well for not making it just artificial difficulty either, because that shit has hella puzzles and actually is pretty interesting when it comes to some of the mechanics. I hope all the raids from this one forth has the same level of quality and thought put into them...

holy shit my adrenaline is out the roof right now :D

btw I'm Lvl. 27 Hunter with all legendary and exotic gear. if anyone wants to play hit me up. my PSN is Zman_the_Killer

Awesome!!!!! How many days took you guys to do it??

Btw I'm gonna add you later

Awesome!!!!! How many days took you guys to do it??

Btw I'm gonna add you later

It took a few (2-3 days) we we're on the last boss for like 4-5 hours alone.

and btw if you add me make sure to tell me who you are please! Also when I said PSN I meant for the PS4... just in case there's some confusion on which version I'm playing. either way add me :)

It seems like all the PS4 players get lucky :(

I haven't found a single person yet who wants to play with me, so I guess Raids are completely out of the question for me.