Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

Are friends important to you?

I used to. Currently, I actually have no friends at all, so there is no one to find important or to cherish. I've been used a lot, lied against and cheated on, so there's no reason for me at this point to value anyone.

I've had friends online but as far as people you actually get out and do stuff with? it's been over 5 years probably. Are friends important to me? if i had them, true friends that is, i think they would be. Maybe they could help fill this void in my life who knows. 

I think what I've learned in life is that friends are important, yes.  Even the ones that "betray" you or w/e.  I've also learned that it doesn't matter how long you know someone, sometimes people wait to show their true colors.  However, this teaches us to be thankful for the friends we have that we know for a fact will stick by our side.  Those are the people who are most important.

I have online friends, but they always come and go. I think it isn't possible to find the true friends online. I have one real life friend and I feel much closer to her, because we don't only communicate through a messenger. Meeting her is important for me, because we can relax and chat, have some fun. Staying at home isn't good and friends give you the reason to go out. You choose people you want to spend your time with. Sometimes they may be more important, than your family. If I had a choice to save my friend, or a member of my family, I'd save my friend without hesitation.

Friends were always important to me since childhood, but I can't explain why there are so many betrayers around me.

I'm definitely not a lucky person or what, but my first disappointment was in the kindergarten, and the last was this spring.

I give myself entirely to relations with people but it seems I'm just a bad friend or bad person or something else can be wrong with me, I always suffer.

My friends have always found someone better than me.

I don't need to have a lot of friends, it would be nice to have someone who will understand me and who will need me more than someone else.

Relationships with friend are even more heartbreaking than relationships with lovers, if you can change your lover for some reason (I mean that kind of relationships between people who hang out together and make 'love' for a while just for fun, you know what I mean), but your friend will be with you and will like you who you are...

It's okay to have person you like more than your friend, but I always in this situation, when friendship became useless for my friends when they are in love with someone. Sometimes they remember about me and come just to talk about their cool life when it's no place for me. It's some kind of miracle but after it I still want to find someone who will be able to care about friendship and lover at the same time, but this time I must to say: I never had a friend in real life, I'm sure there a lot of betrayres around andI hope I will meet a person someday who will be my friend till death do us part.

Well I have great online friends which I met irl (and with some of themeven twice and more), I like them but I'm not sure it will lasts forever, but we are all that kind of persons who prefer online friendship and love because there was too many heartbreaking moments in our life.

I simply don't understand how there are individuals pledged to live in this world with the mindset that it is okay to mislead others, or betray them. Yet those two-faced types always seem the ones who are surrounded by a great amount of friends, so they have both things going for them. I've found that often those who are in need of a real friend are the ones missing out on them, and it seems unreal to me. 

If anyone in this thread is in need of someone to talk to, or just vent, my inbox is always open to them. 

^ My answer would be that those people who are in a serious need of friends don't really know how to make them. I've had that problem, and I guess I still do, somewhat. I tend to be a bit paranoid when it comes to people and myself. I've been told that I say things in a funny way or talk about stuff that is weird, things you wouldn't say to a casual acquaintance and such. And I never realise when I do this. To me those things are normal. But later on I remember I have a tendency to do that and start getting paranoid about people disliking me because of that. And then I never get in touch with them again. 

Yes, friends are important. I've always had a small group of friends my whole life, with whom I was/am really close....whether that be with friends I know in person or online.

I've had friends who ended up being shitty or they just hadn't grown up at all and were still living like they were in high school, etc.

I've had quite a number of close friends from all walks of life.  I'm generally a very sociable and outgoing person, and I believe in morality and compassion.  I've found out that supposed 'friends' are infact scumbags, and I've dropped them immediately.   As I've gotten older, many of my friends have moved away, become drug addicts, died etc..  So I guess my core group has dwindled in the past years.  My current group of close friends are my former coworkers, who I worked with for approximately 9 years.  We're all still very close, and while there is drama and infighting between us, we generally move past it and get on with our lives.  In addition, I do have long standing friends whom I've met online as well.  We still have rambling years long conversations, and we're in contact pretty frequently.  I find it nice to meet people all over the world, to gain additional perspectives on life.

tl;dr  Yes friends are extremely important, and I would die for my close friends.

Edited by Atreides

hmm interesting topic.. I think I got a pretty weird take on friends.

I make 'friends' very easily. I guess I'm pretty social and where ever I go, I usually have good time with some random people I've never met before. Sometimes I might even go have a drink with them for a second time, but rarely anything more than that. For me everyone's pretty much temporary I'm afraid. It's not like I stay away from people on purpose, but people just never contact me again, even if we've had the greatest nights and parties before :-/ Sometimes I try staying in contact a little longer, but usually things just wither and die away anyway. Well that's pretty harsh way to put it, but people are just too busy to have free schedules at the same time. I've come to accept this and live accordingly.

Of course co-workers and people from my school are more longer term friends, but I don't expect to see them much after our mutual meeting ground goes away.

So I guess I could say that I don't really have many(or any?) true friends. I have few people who are very dear to me and we sorta love each other, but we don't really see each other much.

I've never had anyone betray me, but I sorta stole a girlfriend from one of my friends and never saw the dude again... So I guess that makes me pretty bad person, but I justify this by saying that the guy was seeing other girls too and being an ass towards the girl in general.. but still - a shitty thing to do.

Edited by orange~

Yes, I have friends, but most of them are in my hometown so I can only meet them when I go home. At university I have one friend I occasionally meet with and another a few cities away who I have gotten rides from back home (we went to the same high school). I've never been betrayed by anyone but there have been times where I have been teased, which felt like being betrayed. Growing up I was really close with some of my neighbors and we still get together during major holidays.

I have had friends and acquaintances, but being a life long loner I'm used to being alone and it makes it hard to make friends,  especially male friends. I'd really like to make a good guy friend that isn't your stereotypical macho, alcohol loving chauvinist. 🥺

I have been betrayed from a Friend that was  an Important part of my life by since a year, i have give my affection my friendship and trust,  he is a drummer  that play in  two bands one Rock and one Cassic,  he  had to win a show to play live in concert with his classic band KH so he asked me to vote to get him to win the participation to go live so I did with my vote won the participation and then he can play live with his band KH live  thanks to my vote.

He didn't Thank me  and have block me as friend  on Facebook and Instagram, i feel  much hurt , i have much pain inside me ,i am pissed off  and  i feel used  are 6 days that i stay cry  tears  now he go live in concert thanks to my vote.

I am Sad!:wan-48:

Sign in to follow this