Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

Are friends important to you?

Have you ever had friend(s) that betrayed you? or something else? happy times or bad times? Share some if you could :hug:

And in so,do you really think friends are important to you? Why do you said so?

Let us all discuss :banjo:

off course friends are important.

For many levels.

I don't know where i'll be without my friends,

probably somewhere watching TV.

Lonely, chaffing, pathetic.

JSurely there's time where me and my friends argue,

that's common. I've once had my bff backstabbed me once,

our friendship was really tested.when that happened, all world seems shattered into pieces. Yes, we didn't talk for awhile,

but there's just this feelings that feels something's wrong without my him. Especially that time was New Year Eve and we both were single. Got nowhere to go or someone to talk with.

So i called him, in the middle of the night, just to say how suck it is to spend new year by myself with stupid dvd and delivery pizzas. And just that. And surprisingly, by next hour, i got him knocking at my door. And i'll shamelessly admit it, we both sobs like little kids.

I think that's the art of living,

that it isn't always smooth sailing.

It taught us how to handle the situation, eventually.

Friends are essentials, next to lover. To me anyway.

We can do some fun crazy stuffs together, without feeling worried about how they will think about me.

And we can openly talk about any problems, shares it with all, just to be heard and let loose the burden on our shoulders or even to get some advices.

To do some partnership in business, because we already know each other for so long.

So trust is not really a question. Since, we are like, already know the filthiest secrets of each other.

And friend will help us to keep broaden our minds to new things. They taught us how to newtworking, how to have healthy competition, how to accept opinions and build connections.

We never know what they can do for us. Some may even able to help you when you need a job. They will tell you the first time even before the vancancies are opened.

Really, there's more pros than cons by having friends, by building friendship.

Afterall, human being is a social people. We cannot afford to live alone.

When I was 16 my best friend betrayed me. He had moved to my town from a few towns over. Well, his friends from his old town didn't like that his new best friend was gay. One night I was hanging out with my friends Lacy and Brittany. We were walking around the town during a high school foot ball game and just fooling around and having a good time. Then we stopped at the gazebo in the park. Some guy came up to us saying that someone was looking for me to kick my ass and that my best friend was with them. The guy was on his cell phone texting. (We later found out he texted them where I was.) Then with in minutes we were surrounded by over 30 people. People I had never met and did not know. My best friend was among them casually smoking a cigarette with the one that supposedly wanted to kick my ass. Someone behind me said he was going to push me. Lacy flipped out. People were yelling things at me. People I didn't even know. I had done nothing and apparently the story was that I called all these white kids the N word. :| Even though I hate that word and am not racist. But that was their story. Then Brittany started yelling at my best friend because she used to date him. Saying such things as "Isn't he supposed to be your best friend what the fuck are you doing?" And things to that effect. Then I pulled out a cigarette and sat down and lit up. Next thing I knew Lacy grabbed my hand and we were running. The guy was chasing after us. He caught up and grabbed the back of my hood and punched me in the back of my head. My best friend stood there watching this all happen not even moving. He couldn't even look at me. The dude kept punching me and kicking me. Then he started dragging me toward a curb. Lacy dove over top of me and basically saved me from getting curb stomped. Two hours later I was sitting on the back porch of Lacy's house laughing about it because it was the most retarded thing I have witnessed. (Actually I think Ray William Johnson's youtube videos are more retarded than that now...)

Moral of the story? Some friends aren't worth anything. After that happened my best friend said he knocked out my teeth and broke my nose when he did nothing at all and just stood there unable to look at me. Other friends are worth everything. Without Lacy I'd probably have gotten beat up by my best friend and some of his friends the next time I hung out with him and it probably would have been a lot worse since they didn't expect me to be in town that night. I became extremely apathetic and generic after all that though and stopped going places at all and basically became a fiction obsessed shut in. Lacy eventually got me to open back up and I've dropped the generic apathy shit and moved on to who I am today. So friends are over all important. Sure some will stab you in the back because they are too spineless to stand up for themselves or others but sometimes you'll make a friend who will be there for you no matter what. And that in and of itself is so important.

Friends are very important, yes. Though it's really hard finding a friend that won't betray you. I've been betrayed by lots of people numerous times before, but I don't care anymore. I've been lucky enough to have found two friends that won't ever do that to me. Unfortunately, I haven't seen either of them since 2006 because I had to move. I'm planning to go visit them as soon as I turn 18 though.

they can be annoying sometimes because they sulk

but they are very helpful and caring

but we misunderstood each other many times

thats why we argue about our beliefs and reasons

Uhm... I sincerely don't know, because, before talking about friends topic, I must point out that only a few people are my REAL friends. Who accept and respect my tastes and so on. The other ones, who speak to you and then say to other people you're boring/weirdo/etc. are fake ones. So, the fake ones are called by me just aquantinance.

Anyway, I think that everyone needs friends... or life would be really boring.

curb stomped?

WHAT THE FUCK

How common is that?....

Pretty common in a small racist town where the kids think the coolest movie is American History X and think the best band in the world is ICP.

curb stomped?

WHAT THE FUCK

How common is that?....

Pretty common in a small racist town where the kids think the coolest movie is American History X and think the best band in the world is ICP.

Maiku, what a horrible story you're telling us, and what a fucking pussy your "best friend" or shall I say ex-best friend were, stupid asshole.

Btw, which country do you live in?? I assume you're living in a smaller town? To be honest, I would say a thing like that could happen in my city as well.. SADLY.

Friends are imported indeed, but sadly all my real friends has moved to other (better) cities (I'm happy they managed to go on with their lives and move from this shitty place) and I have this "hanging with friends" on a pause/idle for now, so I keep in touch over internet most of the time.. I really hate my city and people here are assholes, I don't even want to make new friends with people here, hopefully I'll start studying in another swedish city and then I'll probably get a whole lot of new friends :)

I also think it's important to have a best friend, or someone that you could talk to about everything.. I guess a girlfriend/boyfriend could easily take that place but sometimes it's good to have a real best friend (which you're not in love with haha) or what do you guys saying about that?

@Rammy: Lucky. :|

@Sebb: I live in the US. And yeah it is probably just as possible, if not worse, in bigger cities. I don't know. I've lived in tiny towns all my life. People around my area are pretty fucked up.

indeed, people can even stares nastily at you just for wearing some t-shirt bearing such bands like Marilyn Manson

or having interracial relationship in most parts of the U.S, that's insane, man!

And sebbivism, i agree.

Well, i think best friends do not suppose to fall in love to each other. It could ruin everything. Though we cannot help it.

And I wasn't in love with that guy. I just thought we were best friends.

And of course it's good to have a real best friend.

And of course it's good to have a real best friend.

Ah it'd be nice to have one of those again... Friends are very important to me, I'm the kind who has to be sure they're always ok, and am usually the shoulder to cry on, which usually leaves me without one.

My former best friend, me and her were really close for about 4 or 5 years and met in one of my college history classes. Well, last December me and her decided to go on a trip out of the country, lol, to Japan. I guess traveling with friends really decides if they are really the type of people you can continue to be friends with... (if that makes any sense).

It was quite a long flight, as far as I know she didn't sleep on any of it. When we arrived at Narita, we were just fumbling about to get our bearings and after quite a hellish-ly long way to our guesthouse (a freakishly long distance from Narita O_O) we arrived and got to our room. Naturally we had planned the trip together so everything was planned to work together, even bought tickets to the X-mas show the GazettE was having. Well, as soon as we had got to our room, she was completely pissed off at me, which caught me off guard, and she began to accuse me of lying to her and not telling her things about this place we were staying at, truthfully, I had sent her all of the paperwork, the website, the different info, in English of course as she speaks no Japanese and mine is pretty lacking, and I countered with, well I had sent everything she needed to know to her. I wasn't entirely sure of how the place was going to be. I just thought, can she be this fucking stupid, really? I didn't hide anything, any question she asked I answered based off of what I was told about the guesthouse, even emailed them with additional questions and forwarded those emails to her, which I know she read. I think while I should have been mad, I just think my heart broke... as for the GazettE tickets, I had paid for both with my card, and she had given me the money for the ticket. She, after ranting at me for a half an hr about everything I did wrong, demanded I pay the money back to her, which I did. I had removed all money from that card and had taken it with me to Japan. My card of course bounced and in the end I had no way to go the concert, though I knew the tickets were waiting for me at the ticket office. I don't want to go into the rest, but in the end I started getting anxiety attacks being anywhere near her... I think it's one of the worst experiences with a friend I've ever had.

Kind of. Let's put it this way:

I'm kind of an 'old school' guy (just meaning, really old) in one of these retarded places where Otakus and vk-fan-wanna-be's hanf around together. But in the last year, there has been so much unnecessary drama and shit talking. And there's like a hundred bitches that say to me 'oh, Erin, you're so cool. You're such a close friend to me!" and I'm not kidding, they're nearly a hundred. BUT, in the 4 years I've been to this place, how many real friends i got? Three. THOUGH, they're my only friends (i'm school's gay shit, and almost everyone hates me, except for glee club guys and benjamin). And they're ALWAYS there to me, to hear me, hug me, hang out, say stupid shit in the good and awesome and memorable way. They're everything to me. So yeah, pretty important.

On another hand, there's Benjamin. But he's on another level.

Interesting fact: I kicked all of these fake-friend-bitches out of my facebook. Guess what? None of them complained.

i consider my cousin has my best friend cause me and her EVER argue and sometimes i feel like me her

should be sister's...i mean we have ALOT in common and im glad shes not a asshole and mean to me and all that...but ever since she turned 18 i ever

see her much...shes living with her boyfriend... and i can't go over and see her...which SUCKS!! cause like there's times

where i want to see her and hang out with her...but now i can't.... *sigh* i miss the old days where she'll come over my house and spend the night...

or i'll go over her house... i miss those times.... T____T

I always change friends because they were such a pain in the ass. Specially since they were liars and stupid.

That was back in elementary school, junior high and high school. Now in College i have made good friends that i have known for 3 years. Its the same people all the time and we always take classes together since we are all in the same major. Its pretty fun, they are all older than me by 3 to 4 years and we hang out all the time. Its like 7 of us all together everyday. LOL. We had great times and sad times as well and we really try to keep things clean and nice among everybody. I really never had any amazing, best, close friends and i think this is a first time for me. I really cant trust people just like that, but i do trust them because i know who they are and we know each others family and all. I guess we have grown together in some way or another.

I'm very social nowadays, which I never used to be before. I have taken a lot of shit from friends and amongst my current friends there are none I'd have known for over five years.

But eventually I've come to think that maybe I was the bitch after all.

I used to have a best friend almost three years ago. She quickly grew into me, under a year. I felt the type of connection between us, like I could tell her everything that was in my heart and she never would have judged me. But she changed.

You know, some friendships just come to the end when you can't figure out the reason why you would be friends anymore. When you sit in silence with your "friend" and can't think about anything to say, and when you do his/her response is brief and kills the conversation completely. That happened to me. My friend used to be really boyish and kind of a "cool gal". She was bold and had an attitude better than anyone else I had ever known. But as I said, she changed. Suddenly the rocker girl turned into a complete teenage whore who's priority in life was her clothes, hair, nails and to increase the number of men who had visited her bedroom. I could not respect that kind of person, so I was basicly a bitch and after trying to tell her there was nothing in common between us I just stopped talking to her. Nowadays if I see her or talk to her we basicly collide harshly. Either one always says something to start a fight.

Before her I had no real best friend. Almost all of my friends have just left me and I've come to assume the idea that I can trust no one, and if I don't get rid of people around me they'll do it to me eventually. I do this especially if I really like someone. I don't want to get hurt so I just abandon him/her.

It can be thought as a test also. With that kind of behaviour in the beginning I test if the person I slightly like can handle the difficult side of my personality and if they for real want to be my friends. If they silently accept my decision to push them away I think they didn't really want to be with me anyway and thus my delicate self-worthiness is once again shield.

The case I told above is actually really uncomfortable to me now when I've grown to be really social. I want and need new people around me and I easily get interested to make friends with others. Yet I'm always afraid of whether they like me, if they don't how do they show it and will they find me an idiot if I go and talk to them. And then I can be really pushy if someone shows a slight intuition to become my friend because I want to make sure I can grab them before they flee. :< I'm a sad case.

In conclusion: Yes, I think friends are important. I've even been saved by them at times. ^-^ But I still wish I had more friends (I'm hinting here........)

EFF no, they always turn to crap, or end up bothering me *forcepalm*! i think associates are better.

I think friends are extremely important. You can't always rely on family (sad fact) since they tend to have a bias in beliefs on what's acceptable etc etc. With friends you can find people who truly understand you, and give you unbiased advice and such.

Most of the time, even with family, I feel alone. I'm not the most social person, but I do crave social interactions at times and i rely on my small group of close friends for that. However most of them have moved away. Life is hard. T___T

I treasure my friends more than my family, I can't trust my family either.

A small group of friends, that live a good 10 bucks away, yep.

Guest MollyMouse

Bros before hoes always. You fuck with one of my friends you're fucking with me too.

I've had a sort of...er not so pleasant past with "friends" since first grade XD so now when I find one I can actually trust and hang onto , I cherish them greatly.

I've put myself in the way of a friend when someone was bugging her , I've been willing to take the fall for friends before , changed my schedule to help friends out before , always offer to help , and am their shoulder to cry on.

Friends are very very important to me

Sign in to follow this