Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

girugamesh new album release

Nice cover EXCEPT it's stupid. I mean... if they'd made a collage without the giant G it would have been better. Either way, it does not scream out HARD ROCK so much as INDIE POP.

And even in indie pop standards, the g makes it look like shit. This is coming from an artist.

Still, won't judge music until after I've heard it. Since Inochi was good as a standalone, I will not be happy if ALL the songs sound like it, cuz then it'd just be boring and repetitive.

How the hell are they indie pop? dear god...

I don't like the cover either, no taste at all. But not going to judge the album from that.

Lol, indie pop. As for as I know, giru have always been the stupider version of Linkin Park.

Girugamesh is still indies? That would explain the change of style. Maybe they are desperate to being picked up by a major label like Avex Trax (yeah right, like that will ever happen :lol:) or King Records or something. I enjoyed their album NOW, but from the last two singles I didn't like the A-sides. B-sides were OK though.

Girugamesh is still indies? That would explain the change of style. Maybe they are desperate to being picked up by a major label like Avex Trax (yeah right, like that will ever happen :lol:) or King Records or something. I enjoyed their album NOW, but from the last two singles I didn't like the A-sides. B-sides were OK though.

They're still indies yes. It would surprise me if they'd go major though. For a strange reason they always seemed a band that would stay indies forever. (But maybe I'm still stuck in post Music days) Mucc is on the same label and they're still indies right? Or am I wrong?

They're still indies yes. It would surprise me if they'd go major though. For a strange reason they always seemed a band that would stay indies forever. (But maybe I'm still stuck in post Music days) Mucc is on the same label and they're still indies right? Or am I wrong?

Yes I am quite uncertain about that. They are signed under Danger Crue Records (that's what it says on my CD and DVD). So is Zoro. These are both indies bands. But SID is also signed under Danger Crue Records but they ARE major. Danger Crue is a subdivision of SONY. Maybe it's like with PSC, that they have an indies section and a major section?

I thought the label MUCC was working with was under Universal Music Japan. Universal is also mentioned on my copy of Shion. Not that it matters though, we're going kinda off-topic here.

Anyway, I don't like the covers either, but hell, it's WAY better than NOW...

I thought the label MUCC was working with was under Universal Music Japan. Universal is also mentioned on my copy of Shion. Not that it matters though, we're going kinda off-topic here.

Anyway, I don't like the covers either, but hell, it's WAY better than NOW...

Off topic but Danger Crue is under Universal, not Sony. Small mistake.

And I thought the Now covers were fun because the 5 year old kid marked their 5 years into music. While these covers are just stuff pasted next to each other to form GO. I would have liked it more if they'd just put a big Kanji sign for Go on the cover. Or a big 5 for that matter :P

Lol i'll probly do my OWN album cover for this album too

same thing with NOW, i didn't like the cover so i made a custom one myself (and i still think it's badass)

My custom NOW cover

2q1f2f5.jpg

PS: and while i'm at it, i just finished my custom cover for JELATO -Single- today (updated my missing album covers)

*All the ones on google are shit quality*

24kw1lg.jpg

Ugh you kids and your INDIES!

Girugamesh is not indie. Indie means apart of an independent label. there is no independent label in japan, they're all run by syndicates of major labels. fucking seriously...

stop with this ZOMG INDIESSSSS bullshit.

/rant

there is no independent label in japan, they're all run by syndicates of major labels. fucking seriously...

not quite exactly.

Some may just have deals for the CD distribution regionally or even overseas.

And that is not making an Indie label became a major or branch of major.

They are just having deals and not completely joined up with the major.

After an album or two, depends on the contracts, they may able to stand on their own feet,

since they will be more well known from previous releases. Or extend the contracts.

Japanese bands just signing to a label just for distribution? Doubtful. We are talking about a heavily corrupted music industry after all.

Sample and PV Preview for Destiny up on OHP.

NOW I'm fucking scared.

I like the second part of the sample (the scratching and stuff) But Satoshi's voice is too clean. It's been bothering me ever since NOW and all the single after and before it. I want raw Satoshi back.

I'm waiting for the album, I'm still planning to go and see them in London because I know they're awesome live, but I'm scared as well :s

Yeah, the stuff after that chorus is pretty nice, but I don't know. Even NOW had a pretty great opening track. I liked Bit Crash because it was actually pretty heavy. .______. But of course, I want the raw Satoshi back, too. I mean, we know how can still scream, so yeah.

I hope there's at least a song like Dirty Story on GO. That was one of my favourites off of NOW because it was filled with pure energy and was heavy. I mean, I hope the heavier riff in Color isn't going to be the heaviest thing we hear on the album. :/

I hope they'll at least have some great party tracks.

I loved their selftitled because it was hard and awesome, I loved Music because it was a party album. And even though nothing's really that bad on NOW, I find myself not listening to the CD anymore. It's only when it pops up in my Itunes shuffle while I do put on the other two every now and then. NOW didn't really have anything outstanding.

Girugamesh is not indie. Indie means apart of an independent label. there is no independent label in japan, they're all run by syndicates of major labels.

you're not quite right here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-Will - look on the list of "distributors" on the right - those are the companies that do cd-printing, live arrangements, marketing, etc., that a smaller label can not handle,

plus - overseas deals.

girugamesh are recording shit on danger crue, but their releases are distributed by avex since their s/t came out.

Technically, most of VK-labels are connected together (and an indie to major band still pays royalties to their former label),

but I guess you can divide bands by indie sound and major sound then.

LOL it sounds really different, but somehow I like it. Specially the riffs at the end of the sample. But it sounds really pop to believe they made it.

Sign in to follow this