Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Japanese punk!

Yeh, that would've been nice too. But sadly not.

Holy fuck, Effigy is good!!! Just started listening to them. dat guitar sound is making me feel things...  :wan-46:

Also: random horror soundtrack samples, I can hear youuu~ ;D

Good boy. Off topic, but you need to check out bands like Sacrilege, Amebix, Hellbastard, Axegrinder and Deviated Instinct too. Uness you've already done it. Neither are japanese, but all are fantastic. Especially Sacrilege (Behind the Realms of Madness) is a must.

The whole Amebix Japan - Tribute To Amebix with Acrostix, Effigy, Raw Gauge, Age, Life and Zoe.

This is a great tribute album, even though the original songs are better. But these covers have more than enough character to stand on their own legs. The only thing that's disappointing with the tribute is that it only include 2 songs from Amebix' "holy trio" - Who's the Enemy, Winter and No Sanctuary, which I consider way better than their full lenghts.

This shit is so good. Dark, apocalyptic crust. It lacks the thrash-influence of later Amebix, though. But it's still their best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wx7S8bMoKs

This is one of the best albums you'll find within thrashy crust world. No debate!

Found a good youtube channel with full sets, and was jamming the hell out of this Vision of Fatima set.

I wish I could find more music than their free download on bandcamp. ;;

If you like chaotic hardcore they're pretty good. I dig 'em anyway. 

Fucking hell, guys! G.I.S.M. will play a gig at Roadburn next year. That's crazy! Anyone who can go, should go. Fuck me!

Lots of other great bands as well.

And some delicious candy for you fucking americans:

Death Side NYC April 16th.

Framtid in NYC march 26 as well.

You lucky fucking cunts. Those are must-go for anyone within a 15 hour radius (via car) of NYC. Jesus!

Oh shit, man! That was good, and just my cup of Japanese hardcore. They sure have managed to capture the raw 80's Japanese hardcore feeling. Awesome!

deathside-will.jpeg

Death Side - The Will Never Die 〜 Single & V.A Collection

What a brilliant comilation this is. Three EPs, one split and lots of tracks from "various artists" releases. 85 minutes of classic burning spirits hardcore* of the very best kind.

*The whole burning spirits is a term given to a bunch of Japanese hardcore bands after they played a series of gigs named Burning Spirits, I think at least. Burning spirits bands play a raw and furious style of hardcore with a touch of melody and Iron Maiden, topped off with almost flashy guitar solos, and I believe thse bands had a huge influence on the whole neo-rust scene with bands such as Tragedy and From Ashes Rise.

The whole burning spirits scene was great. Fantastic to be honest!

Been checking out lots of Japanese OI! and RAC lately, most of them involved in a skinhead movement called Samurai Skinhead Spirit (SSS) in the 90's. Some of the stuff fucking rules!

I didnt see anyone mention:

#18 JUHACHI BANG

ketchup mania

Mix Market

GMF

GO!GO!7188

inu

恐悪狂人団

etæ

The SSS scene was sick, as previously mentioned. Also either part of the movement or sorta peripheral to it, there's Strong Style, Cannons, Bad Vultures, Miburo, The Hawks, Growl Strike, Side Burns...

Eastern Youth split the difference between Japanese oi! and cloying sensitive-dude indie rock/emo, which sounds like mixing oil and water, but it kinda worked. For a while anyway. (Later on they veered too far away from the former and too far into the latter.)

Youth Anthem were cool too. They kinda remind me of Eastern Youth if they never got sappy and bland.

Edited by hopefully_benign

On 24/11/2014 at 6:20, Bear said:

¿Cómo crees exactamente que el GISM está sobrevalorado? Tienen el estatus que tienen por tres razones:

1. por la buena música.

2. Porque Sakevi es un loco hijo de puta.

3. porque hicieron algo que en ese momento era increíblemente único y demostró ser una gran insiración para las bandas venideras.

Quiero decir, puedo entender completamente a la gente que no disfruta de su metalpunk descuidado, pero cómo la gente puede verlos como sobrevalorados está más allá de mí para ser honesto.

Gism is like a Gastunk  underground the same  heavy metal punk shit xd

Sign in to follow this