Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

Orphaned Land

orphanedland.png

Orphaned Land is an Israeli heavy metal band, formed in 1991, dubbed "oriental metal," that fuses progressive, death and doom metal with Arabic and Jewish, as well as Middle-Eastern folk, influences. Orphaned Land is arguably the only band from Israel that has managed to succeed in building up a huge following among Muslims and Arabian people. These fans communicate freely via the band's social networking pages, some of them even proudly bearing Orphaned Land tattoos, even though that puts them at risk in their home countries!

They've released four studio albums and three EPs. Each album has a concept related to two extremes: a meeting of east and west, past and present, light and darkness, and God and Satan. With their brand-new, fourth album, entitled  “The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriORâ€

Mabool was one of the greatest things I've ever heard, ORwarriOR was pretty great too.

Indeed, Steve Wilson is awesome and does have one hell of a magic touch but unfortunatly I found the production on ORwarriOR to be extremely flat and lifeless, but that's just me. I'm always finding negative things in the positives. :D

I confess I haven't checked out ther latest album yet, but Mabool was pretty great indeed.

I urge you to do so!

@Vurtox, for real? I guess I don't pay nearly enough attention to the production, but I did love the album as a whole. I hope he works with them again, even though it seems as if they spend years on an album.

I'm pleased this topic got replies, actually. :DUUR:

I confess I haven't checked out ther latest album yet' date=' but Mabool was pretty great indeed. [/quote']

I urge you to do so!

I will once I find some time.

May I ask though, was there a reason you put it in the "General" subforum? You could have posted it to the "Asian" forum of the Global section, because technically Israel is in Asia. :lol:

Mostly because I thought it'd get lost among Korean, Chinese, Thai, etc eventually. I couldn't decide where to put it, but opted for general since the band incorporates more than one ethnicity/race of people/religion/what have you into their music. Middle Eastern music, I decided, would be better off here in global than lumped in there. Especially if that section was going to full of Korean pop groups sooner or later. 8D

But you can move it if it would be more appropriate there!

@Vurtox, for real? I guess I don't pay nearly enough attention to the production, but I did love the album as a whole. I hope he works with them again, even though it seems as if they spend years on an album.

Oh, I'm totally glad Steve Wilson was on board for the album but I just felt it to be a little flat, production wise. Don't know why. It doesn't make the album or Steve's contribution bad or anything.

Personally I think that bad + Steve Wilson = impossible. :D

Anyways, for anyone who hasn't taken the time to listen to this band I demand you do so, quickly.

Sign in to follow this