fuyushita_risou

Guideline on how to shop on the japanese itune store

hey,

i just wanted to ask if it would make sense to make a guide on how to purchase releases on the japanese itunes store through gift cards. I believe that a lot of people are unaware that this is definitly possible and easy to do. I just wondered if that would make sense or not.

I hope this is not a totally stupid Idea and i just wasted a post

I would love to know ! I read on the internet that you need to buy a card on some obscure -or not- websites etc but I never did, I'm a little scared.

So I'm totally up for this.

I think it's a great idea. It wasn't as easy as I first thought it would be when I first made my account, even though Seimeisen was helping me out a lot during the process :D

For real?

here is a tutorial: http://nihongoperapera.com/store/itunes-japan-registration-guide-no-cc.html

But I would be more intersted in stores who are the cheapest.

and if a duch person ever bought on this: http://www.itunescode.nl/itunes-gift-card-japan.php <- the Japanese card of course. o.o and how it was. 

Aye, see the reason why i suggested that is, that i first need to know that this is possible. I can't google search something if I don't know if it exists or not. And there are many people who don't know that this is possible (it took me 4 years to figure that out)

A list of stores could be added. i would write that thing, the mods just need to say, yes we want that and when we have it we are gonna pin it. Otherwise it maybe won't make much sense.

I was planning on making an "official" guide to purchasing on the Japanese iTunes store/レコチョク (that I would have tested out myself, with clear and concise instructions/screen caps), but unfortunately my schedule filled up, and I may not have time to do it this semester. I'm sorry. :(

That site that Dark Water linked might be best for you (price-wise), since you live in a country that uses the euro.

Any users in the US that are reading this, I would recommend getting codes from OffGamers. Their prices seem to be good.

ONLY buy from Japan Codes if you want a レコチョク card. Otherwise, I'd pass.

I like it, it would be a useful guide to have on the forum, considering the amount of iTunes JP purchases. If one of you would like to write a guide about it I really wouldn't mind stickying it because it could be quite useful. I'm not yet sure where we'd have to place a guide like this, but I'm sure we can work something out.

I like it, it would be a useful guide to have on the forum, considering the amount of iTunes JP purchases. If one of you would like to write a guide about it I really wouldn't mind stickying it because it could be quite useful. I'm not yet sure where we'd have to place a guide like this, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Yeah, I asked Zess about where to post it a few weeks ago, and he wasn't sure. @fuyushita_risou actually PM'd me a walkthrough of her process of creating a JP iTunes account (and said I could use whatever I needed from it), so I'm gonna take a look at that and see if it'll help. But now that I know that more people would be interested in a tutorial, I will try to get this off the ground soon, and am willing to get serious about it.

Also, as soon as I can get the money to, I will buy a JP iTunes card and create a new account from scratch (and later change it to another country), and I'll document the process (whether it's screenshots or screen capture video, etc).

I was thinking about something (or maybe I just didn't see it yet on M-H): should we make a big thread (or a subforum) list with all the online safe websites and -in some cases- a guideline on how to buy ? (like Closetchild, FJ, iTunes etc). I saw the thread "#2: What are your favorite sites to purchase Japanese CDs from?" but maybe more explanations on how to do it when it's not that obvious could be helpful ?

Just an update for anyone that cares:

I will be making the tutorial after finals are done, so I'm expecting it to be up during the weekend before Christmas.