Sign in to follow this  
RpgRiser

Had a fight with my best friend

Hey guys,soooo I got into a fight with my best friend,who is a girl.

Well it actually went like that:

She had a best friend like 2 years ago. She was really fond of him,but one day they had a bad fight,and they stopped contacting each other.

Then I met her 5 months ago. We talked everyday,our conversations were never dull,I care for her a lot and she cares for me,and we ended up as best friends. We shared everything, every little secrets, we talked about all and nothing(and dirty things iykwim),we even said that if we did not find anyone in the future,we would marry each other.

Yesterday,her ex-best friend came back to her,apologised and stuff...and now she told me that we would have to stop doing some things we used to do,like hugging and stuff,especially in front of him...and that hit me pretty hard.

It's like when that guy came back,I lost all my value,I was not important to her anymore.
I can understand that she is delighted to get back a long lost friend...but does it mean that I have to bear all that because of him?
Does it mean that have to stop acting like a best friend with my best friend?
In the end,I told her what I thought about this situation,about the ex-best friend coming back and all(I did it without insulting her of course)

She tried to call me many times...but I did not reply,cuz I was crying,and I did not feel ready at all to talk to her,I don't want to say anything I might regret...

Help me please,what should I do?

I think talking to her and telling her how you truly feel is for the best. It's pretty much up to her how she handles this, but don't forget she clearly cares very much for you and you do with her. Therefor, don't think you've been replaced or your importance to her is forgotten. Sometimes people'll come in our lives again or leave for good or even return. It happens, just like this. Reply to her and see what she has to say. Listening and replying back is what's important to come to terms and agree on a solution to this I think. Just please don't get upset, or think you'll say something hurtful, be honest and do what you want to do. But remember, if you truly care for her, think what'll make her happiest as well as yourself. It's hard but it's possible.

her ex-best friend came back to her,apologised and stuff...and now she told me that we would have to stop doing some things we used to do,like hugging and stuff,especially in front of him...and that hit me pretty hard.

You do what you want, tell her how you feel, explain why it took you so long to get back to her, and let her choose what she wants to do. You can also tell him to go fuck himself if he approaches you directly about your relationship with her and if she's going to choose him over you she can go play in traffic too.

Thank you guys for your swift answers.
It's midnight here,so I think that after some sleep I will have clearer thoughts,and tell her about how I feel in the morning.

Yesterday,her ex-best friend came back to her,apologised and stuff...and now she told me that we would have to stop doing some things we used to do,like hugging and stuff,especially in front of him...and that hit me pretty hard.

It's like when that guy came back,I lost all my value,I was not important to her anymore.

I think you've already answered your own questions, huh...Such a bad thing to ask of a supposed best friend.

Unless she has deeper feelings for the guy or vice versa. Then it would make a little more sense, but still...I just think she's been a little too rude, don't mind me xD By the way yes, communication is the best way, make sure to clear this whole thing up as soon as you can. Good luck!

I would highly recommend doing everything Zeus mentioned above, ALL OF IT !

QFT! The girl seems to be an hell of an ass, I didn't like one bit of what she did to you, RPGRiser....

Hey guys,wanted to keep you updated,and thank you for your answers.

Well earlier today,I talked to her seriously about everything,and told her everything I had on my mind and in my heart.

It would be way too long to tell everything that happened,but in the end,it went really smoothly,and we patched up ^-^

Really thank you everyone,especially to benibana and Zeus >w<

Hmm. Maybe my term for best friends is a tad different. 

My best friends take a while for me to really consider them a "best" friend. At the point I call them best friend, they pretty much know me like the back of their hand, have welcomed themselves in to my house with out knocking, raided my fridge with out asking, and have gotten in trouble with me in some way shape or form. jkjkjk.... but along the lines... 

I guess i just feel like 5 months is a quick amount of time to consider someone your best friend? But it's different for everyone i suppose so .... that's irrelevant. 

But based on everything else... it seems more like... a relationship thing... I know you weren't together... but for her to cut ties to so many things to you when her other friend is back in the picture seems a little shallow tbh. It'd be one thing if the other guy was her boyfriend, then i'd understand... so I'm assuming maybe she likes this person a little more than a friend? idk... I just think if you're friends with someone... and if someone was friends with you, best or not, they wouldn't feel entitled to put a limit on your other friendships unless they had jealousy issues which is more so being selfish than a real friend. 

so i say do what Zeus/Zess says, too.

But either way... I'm glad you were able to work something out and I hope it stays that way for you!

: ) Really glad it all worked out, even though I'm a lot more gullible than everyone else with what I was believing in. Just staying positive helps a lot I think. I'm just glad she wasn't what some and, after having read above replies, myself, were thinking of her. 

Sign in to follow this