Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

currently watching:

- Log horizon (I have a thing for game(mmo)-based stories)

- Outbreak Company (this one is the funniest anime I've seen in years XD)

- Diabolik Lovers (not sure, might drop it - was just curious how far they will go in terms of tormenting the heroine compared to the game  XD)

finished:

Btooom!! (wish there would be a second season...)

Makai Ouji (prefer the manga....but was still enjoyable)

Working my way thru FMA: Brotherhood

Diabolik Lovers

gonna start on Kyoukai no Kanata

Free is just sitting in my downloads folder....untouched :x

KILL la KILL - freaking badass anime, I love it so far
BlazBlue Alter Memory - started watching this one with a friend who is a fan of the videogame series, it's ok, it still doesn't catch all of my interest

I still have to finish Watamote and Gatchaman Crowds, I think I stopped at episodes 6 or 8
Started watching Samurai Flamenco yesterday and I have to say it seems very entertaining, funny thing it made me think of KICK-ASS but a lot more softer

BlazBlue Alter Memory - started watching this one with a friend who is a fan of the videogame series, it's ok, it still doesn't catch all of my interest

I still have to finish Watamote and Gatchaman Crowds, I think I stopped at episodes 6 or 8

Started watching Samurai Flamenco yesterday and I have to say it seems very entertaining, funny thing it made me think of KICK-ASS but a lot more softer

hell yeah, bet you can tell I'm a Kill la Kill fan too huh? It's amazing.

also that's one hella suggestive avatar.... I approve though lol

hell yeah, bet you can tell I'm a Kill la Kill fan too huh? It's amazing.

I was actually gonna ask for opinions on this show but here I have them haha. thanks guys.

* Log Horizon (Another SAO-ish anime)

* Miss Monochrome (This anime is sooo blargh but I cant stop watching it I dont even know why)

* Kuroko no Basket 2

Okay seriously I'm watching a shit ton of shows this season...

• Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - (this show is just done really good, and plus it also has a neat setting)
  • Blazblue: Alter Memory - (fan of the game, not much to say otherwise)
  • Coppelion - (one of the sparkling gems from this season imo, also i love post apocalyptic shows)
  • Diamond no Ace - (baseball anime done right, and most importantly realistically)
  • Galilei Donna - (haven't Started watching yet)
  • Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji - (this is actually from last season but is still airing, really good show though. I'm a sucker for historical anime xD)
  • Gingitsune - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Golden Time - (I don't really know why I like this show as much as i do, but it's amazing to me. Really good love story it seems and it deals with a lot of serious issues.)
  • Gundam Build Fighters - (I actually don't hate this as much as i thought i was going to... it's definitely different from any other gundam show but that's what makes me like it)
  • Hajime no Ippo: Rising - (Amazing as always, love it)
  • IS: Infinite Stratos 2 - (I watch this pretty much for the boobies XD Ichika is one lucky bastard)
  • Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season - (Still think this is a pretty decent mecha anime...)
  • Kill la Kill - (Good lord this show is awesome, everything from the artstyle which is reminiscent of Guren Lagan and the characters are great.. lots of laughs too and great action)
  • Kingdom 2 - (another show from last season that is still airing, historical anime, I'm a sucker, yeah you got it :D)
  • Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season - (Just really stupid this one is... but I can't really stop watching even though i know its crazy basketball "technique" shit.)
  • Kyoukai no Kanata - (another really decent one, the animation in this show is especially note worthy)
  • Kyousou Giga - (another favorite from this season, it's just good go watch it. you won't be let down i guarantee)
  • Little Busters! Refrain - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Log Horizon - (now this show is basically how Sword Art Online should have been done, it's good and shows signs of only getting better)
  • Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Magi: The Kingdom of Magic - (just as good as the first season, and it seems that we''ll finally get to some major action too)
  • Meganebu! - (haven't Started watching yet)
  • Nagi no Asukara - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Outbreak Company - (watch this for the lulz mostly, still a pretty good fantasy / comedy if you ask me)
  • Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - Shukuteki! Ratsel-hen - (this is okay... mostly just watching because I've seen the other two seasons)
  • Samurai Flamenco - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Strike the Blood - (Fun little show, I'm enjoying it so far)
  • Tokyo Ravens - (pretty much the same as above)
  • Walkure Romanze - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Yowamushi Pedal - (Good, really good. if you was to tell me at the beginning of this season that i was going to actually enjoy an anime about riding bicycles, I probably wouldn't have believed you)
  • Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta - (haven't started watching yet)
  • Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. - (Great comedy. learning to appreciate shows like this more and more recently :))

I don't know what it is but this season just seems like it has an overabundance of decent shows...

sweet jesus, now that's a shitton of shows :o but thanks for the descriptions!

based on those and watching the corresponding openings/trailers i might add Magi and Kyousougiga to my current showlist that so far only consists of KillLaKill and LogHorizon (which i agree is pretty much SAO, but the first 5 or 6 episodes of that were absolute killer too, so maybe LH has it's downfall coming too :P )

I recently finished Hyouka and Soukyuu no Fafner (still a depressing series but it's good) and currently checking out a few newer ones.

Kakumeiki Valvrave is the first one. I wanted to try and watch the one airing now but seeing as it follows onto the first season, guess I'll have to finish that one first.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta is currently airing. I'm a fan of the manga and have watched the ova and previous series too. Couldn't keep from starting this one.

Kyoukai no Kanata. I'm amused by this one. Nice animation. Good voice actors. And it seems to have an interesting storyline too. Only checked it out because it was from the same studio as Hyouka and I really liked its design.

I'm trying to finish Zetsuen no Tempest too but it's going a bit slow considering I can't seem to get into a lot of series at the same time anymore. Got so much left to finish!

^ I can absolutely guarantee you will not be disappointed with Zetsuen no Tempest if you stick it out. Its a pretty amazing show, definitely a sleeper hit from the last few years.

I'm afraid we are going to have to cut you off, Saku. The anime social services will be at your house shortly to confiscate your hard drive.

XD I know it's a lot but I just couldn't help myself this season... I usually don't watch this many at once, usually it's maybe half of what I'm watching currently.. maybe a little less. Ah oh well I'm not doing anything else, might as well spend my free time watching anime :D

btw started watching Gingitsune and my impression so far is pretty good, six episodes in and I think it's actually a rather cute anime.. don't really know if there's going to be anything significant story or plot wise but hey I get the impression that it's supposed to be one of those slice of life, growing of age, heart warming type of stories, so plot isn't as important in that case. 

kill la kill is getting better and better. and it's just off the charts how incredible this anime looks!! at times i can't focus on the subtitles just because i'm so overwhelmed by the sheer overstyledness and beauty on the screen (no, i don't mean that in terms of bewbs..)

also i've just completely marathoned through the first season of "magi" and about to start the second one. it started of kinda meh, but as soon as they meet again after a few years i just couldn't stop watching :P very captivating, damn you cliffhangers!

Sad news for fans of Yozakura Quartet - the people that sub it aren't going to sub it anymore. Or so they say. It could be a bad attempt at trolling. Unless someone else picks it up, you'll probably never get the last two subbed episodes.

Also, does anyone know if Valvrave is ending for real next week or if there will be a season 3. This trainwreck turned plane that orbits around the sun is too fantastic to end now.

Sad news for fans of Yozakura Quartet - the people that sub it aren't going to sub it anymore. Or so they say. It could be a bad attempt at trolling. Unless someone else picks it up, you'll probably never get the last two subbed episodes.

Also, does anyone know if Valvrave is ending for real next week or if there will be a season 3. This trainwreck turned plane that orbits around the sun is too fantastic to end now.

That really blows especially since there is only two episodes left, but I'm fairly sure someone else will pick it up and finish it... we'll probably just have to wait a little while longer for it though :( plus I'm not really that bummed since I actually recently started reading the manga so yeah.. XD

and about Valvrave... The next episode is the last one of the second season, but I'm pretty sure there will be a third season. At this point there is so much stuff unanswered that they could easily do another season, but I guess it all depends on how next week's episode pans out I suppose.

Finished Shingeki no Kyojin and loved it. Really one of the best anime of the past years.

Started Blood Lad (2 eps) and looks interesting. Not mind blowing but fun!

So Gifuu Doudou!! ended :( Surprisingly it's one of my favorites from this year, It was so good. I loved the righteous manly samurai feels it gave me week after week :lol:

also "Nagi no Asukara" is shaping up to be another one of my favorites :)

Just curious who here would be interested and would participate in a "Top anime of 2013" thread? Because currently I'm thinking of doing one.. something like you would post your favorite anime from 2013 maybe in a top ten list format or something and then it would be optional to do reviews/takes/opinions on the shows and why you picked them. Just something to think about... I want to do it, but I'm not going to if it's only going to get a few replies or very low participation from people. So if you want it to happen please express your desire for it please :D