Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

I haven't watched a new anime in YEARS. Not counting things like movies from Studio Ghibli or the Nickolodeon Avatar series, the last new-to-me Japanese anime I watched was Yu Yu Hakusho in like 2007. That's about the time I fell out of anime. While I was digging around for new music I came across the OST for Made In Abyss and absolutely fell in love with it. This made me want to find out what the source material was like because the music painted such a vivid imagery. 

And wow is it good. It took me a moment to get into it but when it picks up it really takes you for a ride. I did not expect to get shaken up emotionally but I got pretty invested in the characters and the trials they go through. The main draw for me though is the lore and world that's built around the story. I think a similar reason I loved an anime like Yu Yu Hakusho is the sense of discovering a dark and unknown frontier. The show just feels alive when there are maps and characters talking about creatures they've discovered or when they come across something brand new that's been undocumented. This is the first time I started to read the original manga because I enjoyed the show. It certainly isn't perfect, but for a short 13 episode season I think it's pretty solid. And that music *chefs kiss*.

I'm bummed the sequel movie "Dawn of the deep soul" is put on hold for US theaters. I found out it was supposed to show 2 weeks from now : (

Dr Stone and Vinland Saga was one of the best anime from previous season, but i'm enjoying Black Clover. Maybe there's not the best animation, but this anime has something that my beloved dragon ball had, so I can't wait for another episode.

I started ‘Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai’. After watching the opening I thought I’d be in trouble considering the ratio of girls to guy, but I’m pleasantly surprised. It has a somber tone and the dialogue between the two main characters makes them an endearing couple. Actually, the fact that they solidify their relationship so quickly is unexpected. The first arc is already over though and I can’t see any of the side character arcs  topping this. Not bad at all for a sci-fi ish high school series, I hope it won’t let me down.

Hero academia rant below

I’m almost at the end of Hero Academia S4. Since I’ve been binge watching my way through bnha, the decline in quality has been so obvious. From S3 onwards they started to really lay on the flashbacks and long opening sequences, if you take all the time wasting out there’s barely 17 minutes of actual episode to enjoy. The first half of S4 had some cool character development and it was so much fun seeing Suneater and Fat Gum in action, but now I’ve got to the school festival and I’m ready to drop out. I can’t stand filler arcs and there’s too many characters being crammed into my screen unnecessarily. Assassination Classroom handled their rooster of characters much better by acknowledging that some characters are okay having 2 minutes of screen time in an entire season since they’re not that useful. Bnha wants everyone to have multiple shining moment and it’s just hard to give a fuck about the invisible girl or the tape guy, to mention a few, when we have more pressing matters to be thinking about. The festival arc should have been an OVA. And that episode with the french navel kid? I have never felt this uncomfortable!!! Wish I could erase it from my mind. I’m tired of the league of villains being all talk. We catch one glimpse of badassery per season. If S5’s antagonist isn’t the league of villains then I’m about to drop this series because as cool as some aspects of it are, there’s just too much fucking around for my taste. This is why I don’t pick up shounen series often lol 

Started watching Dorohedoro on a whim cuz Netflix shoved it into my face. It's pretty great so far, love the character and world design.

Finished Dorohedoro a while back, it was really fun and exciting. Loved the whole crazy-ass vibe and the creative art style most of all.

Just started The Promised Neverland and it's reaaaally tense, I love it! I'm only 3 episodes in, but I predict I'll watch all of it by tomorrow night, lol. Recommended for thriller/horror fans for sure.

9 minutes ago, platy said:

giphy.gif

remember, it's okay if you develop a fetish for men in crop tops

I'll take a note, san q

On 6/12/2020 at 4:55 PM, Anne Claire said:

I STARTED WATCHING JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE

Since i started watching i was instantly obsessed with Jojo's oh god, once Vento Aureo (Part 5)  finished i started reading the manga and must say that is one of my all time favorites!

8 hours ago, benzaiten._ said:

Since i started watching i was instantly obsessed with Jojo's oh god, once Vento Aureo (Part 5)  finished i started reading the manga and must say that is one of my all time favorites!

I'm currently watching Part 2 (Battle Tendency). I'm enjoying it so far :D

I have yet find anyone who started watching Jojo and not become a fan right after they finishes it.

Also, Part 3 wrecks. Get ready!

3 hours ago, LIDL said:

I have yet find anyone who started watching Jojo and not become a fan right after they finishes it.

Also, Part 3 wrecks. Get ready!

But why is it so dangerously addictive 😩 

22 hours ago, platy said:

But why is it so dangerously addictive 😩 

Maybe that is Araki's stand.

I hope part 6 will get to have anime treatment. I need to see my girl, Jolyne get animated!

17 hours ago, LIDL said:

Maybe that is Araki's stand.

I hope part 6 will get to have anime treatment. I need to see my girl, Jolyne get animated!

I'm so excited to see  Jolyne in action. I can only hope she's better than all the female characters I've seen so far up to part 4 lol Araki sucks at writing women

11 hours ago, platy said:

I'm so excited to see a Jolyne in action. I can only hope she's better than all the female characters I've seen so far up to part 4 lol Araki sucks at writing women

I agree. Expecting some HBIC here! 

19 hours ago, platy said:

I'm so excited to see  Jolyne in action. I can only hope she's better than all the female characters I've seen so far up to part 4 lol Araki sucks at writing women

Yes indeed. I've only read bits and pieces of but I really got into it, Jolyne's the most interesting thing on the market right imo. I'll watch if they finish her however it's sounding like they're taking their time...

Has anyone seen or tried this?

https://www.screenanime.com/

It's a subscription service that showcases mostly anime films if I'm not wrong and their line up changes every month. Since this month they have two Yuasa films, I'm gonna go for the free-trial. Atm I'm only subscribed to Crunchyroll, but the Funimation subscription catalogue has my attention. I don't wanna sign up to any more services and all the series I keep up with are aired on CR including the upcoming AOT, Promised Neverland and Dr Stone. 

After surfing a array of colourfull anime I'm seized by a minor panic attack (there are too many fucking movies to watch from) after lingering for the line to go away I rush to the counter and grab death note season 1 even though I watched it 37 times I just can't look at anything else believe me I tried but it's a more infuriating task Idk how others do it anime was like a magic trip to the gas station where it depends at which time you're going I'm not even intrigued or entertained by the battle of wits 

Hi everyone, I am wondering if there's a good replacement websites to stream after Kxssanxme shuts down?

I need some recommendations 🥺

On 10/31/2020 at 10:25 AM, LIDL said:

Hi everyone, I am wondering if there's a good replacement websites to stream after Kxssanxme shuts down?

I need some recommendations 🥺

I used to watch it there too, I'm using https://4anime.to atm.
And it works alright too.

I heard Animebytes (torrent tracker) works great but you have to be invited (also if someone has an account there invite me too lol) 

Edited by Linh-san

Originally, I was only going to keep up with the next seasons of Attack on Titan, Promised Neverland and Dr Stone. Some other stuff caught my eye tho

Horimiya

Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi (The first anime movie/series with a wheel-chair user as protagonist?)

Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san

And the Sailor Moon Eternal movies