• MACABRE
    • 鬼è?¬ (KISOU)
    • VULGAR
    • Withering to death.
    • THE MARROW OF A BONE
    • UROBOROS
    • DUM SPIRO SPERO
    • ARCHE

This is a redo of our first poll since ARCHE is out now. Will the results be any different?

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE WEEK, P.M. @CAT5 with your poll question, choices, and state whether it's mutiple choice or not.

Either Gauze or Macabre depending on the day. Very sparingly return to any post-Kisou material and even those few times usually tend to lead to not much more than disappointment and further violation of my childhood. Recently I found out that I couldn't even stand Uroboros anymore and that was probably all I listened to back in 2009 lol.  

Man, this is starting to bother me a lot~

Either way, I will go with Kisou - why?

If I personally had to describe what I usually mean when I mention "unique pop sensibilities" or "wide palette of interesting ideas" to a person who questions my weeby tastes, I'd go with Kisou in the first place. The said album was hands down the very first *Asian* album that shaped most of my musical tendencies (I was too young to have any "tendencies" back in late 2001-early 2002, mind you!). Each track (including SEs) had AND still has enough "room" to encompass my cherished memories and preferences from the past, and for that reason alone, I picked this one out of the first 4 albums I *love* equally (fun fact: I used to hate "Vulgar" in my pre-teen days, haha).

Shortly put: I find "Kisou" very special to me (not a hyperbole, I swear :P)

The Marrow of a Bone ruined them for me - I just can't will myself to listen to any of their new material since that album, so my favourite is probably always going to be Macabre.

No matter what happens, MARROW will always be closest to my heart. That was the time when I got more into them and when I saw them live for the first time. Excellent raw and fun record with a nice replay value (their most "geared-towards-live-performance" album too, I must say).

No matter what happens, MARROW will always be closest to my heart. That was the time when I got more into them and when I saw them live for the first time. Excellent raw and fun record with a nice replay value (their most "geared-towards-live-performance" album too, I must say).

This. It was the album that drew me into them. 

As for the poll, I'm still sticking to UROBOROS. Hella consistent, tremendous growth from Uroboros, and the Budokan live is the best live showcase finale DIR EN GREY has ever done.

My listing:

1. Uroboros

2. Dum Spiro Spero

3. ARCHE

4. The Marrow of A Bone

5. Vulgar

As much as I love Uroboros and Withering to death, i'm going with Vulgar ONLY because it was the first DEG album I pre-ordered and it has some good classics.

1. dum spiro spero

2. uroboros

3. arche

4. vulgar

5. kisou

6. macabre

7. withering to death

8. marrow of a bone

9. gauze

i just look at the album as a whole , tho the popular votes are agaisnt to dum spiro spero ,

but i like in the way of contrary . uroboros are almost a tie to dum spiro spero because

ive always thought that both albums share the same ambience, but in a different sonical flavor.

arche and vulgar has the same essence of being "an album packed with 'single' record materials',

meaning each track has a certain value, altho it might lack on continuity as a whole album .

kisou, macabre, withering to death shares the same 'indigenous' sound, a distinct 'japanese' sound ,

altho 3 albums have tracks that are not really catchy, but a 'connecting' track between tracks .

marrow of a bone is a very good album, but it lost a lot of previous 'dir en grey' sound .

gauze...it is just not my kind of a music that i could listen for a long period of time ... too much pink ...

too much 'karaoke' like -

ARCHE did nothing to change my opinion from the previous poll. So voted wtd. again. 

This. Arche is very good bit can't top Merciless Cult, C, Saku and others on wtd

Im in for Arche , dont know why so many ppl vote for Withering to Death , it was a crappy rip off of KORN's Nu-Metal style songs , and probably the wors album in DeG history .

Not trying to say people need to like withering to death. but seriously, it's not nu-metal at all. Nu-metal has hip-hop or funk as a defining characteristic and wtd. has none of that. withering to death. goes between alternative rock and metal. I think maybe you're confusing it with Marrow of a Bone.

I love all albums....but... UROBOROS is the masterpiece of diru <3 c

TOP:

1-UROBOROS

2-GAUZE

3-MACABRE
4-VULGAR

5-WITHERING TO DEATH

6-ARCHE

7-DUM SPIRO SPERO

8-KISSOU

9-THE MARROW OF A BONE

Not trying to say people need to like withering to death. but seriously, it's not nu-metal at all. Nu-metal has hip-hop or funk as a defining characteristic and wtd. has none of that. withering to death. goes between alternative rock and metal. I think maybe you're confusing it with Marrow of a Bone.

This. I got so many Korn vibes from Marrow lol.

I voted Vulgar, but tbh I really enjoyed ARCHE and maybe with more listens it has the chance of taking over.

Voted for VULGAR again. Great album + lots of good memories attached to it make it basically untouched for me. Wtd. is a very close second though.

I know this might seem strange to some people, but ARCHE actually ended up being my favourite from them. The album overall impressed me more than I ever thought it would, but my opinion could change again over time.