Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Uzumaki

Uzumaki is an horror-guro manga written by Junji Ito, based on the obsession on the spiral, started from Kirie (the protagonist, a high-school student girl)'s boyfriend's father, who contamined all people connected to him since he died.

If I tell more, it'll be spoiler

This is my favourite manga-ever. I highly reccomend it if you enjoy horror-guro and shocking ending. Thanks to him I also know Junji Ito, so I am really happy to have discovered it randomly XD

Yes, Junji Ito is amazing. I reccomend all of his works.

But Uzumaki's film is one of the most horrible thing i've ever seen.

I didn't see the movie, so I don't know. I read only how it was different from manga, so I REFUSED to see it :/

Anyway, I am reading Voices in the Dark by Ito right now! (I'll send you a link XD)

But Uzumaki's film is one of the most horrible thing i've ever seen.
You're SO right, I have that movie. XD

The actors are terrible! So terrible!!

The reasons why I got interested was because of the theme song...which is by my favorite band ever.

It's an awesome song and the PV features scenes of the movie...so I got curious. Every fan of that band did, I guess. XD

Here's the PV with the scenes:

Anyway, I started reading the manga back then...but I never finished it. >.>

I never pay attention to manga that's made into movies, so I haven't seen the film but Junji Ito is... my third favourite guro artist. Although I prefer Tomie to Uzumaki, most of everything he's done is incredible and disturbing.

There should be a general eroguro thread. :X

imo the movie was kinda funny =)

not as deep as the manga I think, nevertheless I loved both!

I missed a few things in the movie, like the ending~ would have been better instead of having that kinda open ending.

By the way: Uzumaki was the first manga I really enjoyed (and is the only until now)

Sign in to follow this