Ikna

lost.fm

somehow I see them continuing to be stubborn jerks about it, just like they refused to do anything about the other problems users have been complaining about for two years or so.

Change that to like 5 years and the unicode bullshit comes to mind, just thinking about it gives me headache. 

Change that to like 5 years and the unicode bullshit comes to mind, just thinking about it gives me headache. 

Has the unicode bullshit really been going on for five years? Ugh and I thought two years was ridiculous enough.

The unicode pages have been a thing for at least 6 years, since they were a thing when I joined last.fm in 2009.

They've been a thing for as long as I remember and I've been there since 2006. It's nothing recent. And while I understand why people do it, I still find it ridiculous. Then again, they should have found a solution to that already rather than doing things no one needs to be done.

Oh ok, I was thinking about the broken unicode pages, not the fact that users have been using it to escape multiple artist pages, which yeah, I've been on it since 2006 and that was definitely a thing since then.

inb4 people are gonna infest yet much more inferior (compared to pre-Beta craze last.fm) but currently much handier libre.fm, lol.

A real shame that this downward spiral of feedbacks won't do much to get through their CBS-biased decisions (no seriously, did they even showcase us results of pos/negs towards the beta phase? No)

For optimist minds:

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-interactive-bring-old-last-fm-back?recruiter=41907660&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

(petition...)

Who knows if they manage to get their wits but as I said above, CBS are nothing more but a bunch of bureaucrats who don't take much from your feedback anyway (and this is not your everyday "hurr anarchy"-kind of thought, I tell you)

One user wrote: "this is unironically the worst thing that has EVER happened", while another went so far as to describe it as "a cross between late-period Myspace and 9/11".

11377894_792328420886691_1408737707_n.jp

For optimist minds:

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-interactive-bring-old-last-fm-back?recruiter=41907660&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

(petition...)

Who knows if they manage to get their wits but as I said above, CBS are nothing more but a bunch of bureaucrats who don't take much from your feedback anyway (and this is not your everyday "hurr anarchy"-kind of thought, I tell you)

I'm pretty sure that's one of the petitions that I linked earlier. I don't really have faith/confidence in these petitions. Last.fm staff seem to be running on a business model of snubbing their users. If they say that they appreciate or read to feedback, I am certain that it is bullshit!

ETA: Personally, I'm still scrobbling with my iPhone app (I haven't tried scrobbling with last.fm desktop for OS X), but if I encounter even one slight inconvenience with scrobbling, I will go on indefinite hiatus from last.fm.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the petitions that I linked earlier. I don't really have faith/confidence in these petitions. Last.fm staff seem to be running on a business model of snubbing their users. If they say that they appreciate or read to feedback, I am certain that it is bullshit!

ETA: Personally, I'm still scrobbling with my iPhone app (I haven't tried scrobbling with last.fm desktop for OS X), but if I encounter even one slight inconvenience with scrobbling, I will go on indefinite hiatus from last.fm.

Seems like even trying to download the scrobbler isn't working entirely. Your entire service revolves around scrobbling how is this page not working...

Okay I'm just fucking done. They revamped the way you can view albums so you can't get at the URL of an image without having to dive into the source code. I'm officially done once they get their shit together I'm deleting my account.

Holy crappers, I didn't even know the site went through such a visual overhaul and not in a good way either. Haven't checked my account for months until now. But what REALLY annoys me is the auto-"correction" of my scrobbles changing them into kanji even though I disabled that auto-correction option. Da fuq last.fm?

They revamped the way you can view albums so you can't get at the URL of an image without having to dive into the source code.

Not that it matters to you anymore, but I was able to get artwork URLs without viewing source; it's all very low resolution though. Last.fm was the place for me to upload HQ album artwork. Images that have uploaded there in the past still exist, ones I've embedded in download threads here are still up, but finding images that haven't been embedded is just not gonna happen. I guess I'll go back to uploading covers on imgur and, I dunno, I can create some makeshift HQ VK cover database for anyone else that gives a shit.

I don't even know why I bothered scrobbling what I listened to today. I'm starting to ask myself why.

Why bother trying to keep up with a site that's ran by people that don't give a single fuck what their users think?

I honestly don't see the site staff getting their shit together at all, and I don't like how the community aspect has changed. I liked the "what your friends are listening to" and "what your friends are loving" sections of the front page, but now there's none of that, just fucking recommendations. I do not care about recommendations made by that site! I know that last.fm staff have been trying to make the site all about computer generated recommendations and fucking goddamn radio substitutes for a long time, but I never cared about that. I only used last.fm to display the stats of my music listening habits, and keep up with listening habits of other people.

I guess I'll also go back to actually, y'know, asking people if they listened to something and what they thought of it. Le Gasp! :o

The only way to scrobble for me now is from Spotify. Can't use the Last.fm client and my mobile scrobbler won't connect to my profile anymore either. Rest in peace, Last.fm.

I have a thread of messages from someone I don't know (it was sent to someone else):

EXkUUlh.jpg

When I click that I get a 404 - Page Not Found error.

I'm thinking of switching to RateYourMusic.

I think you guys who were always disgruntled by the multiple artists who share the same name could consider it too, because they actually have seperate pages on there! Plus there's tons of visual kei releases on there already. You can add the missing ones if you wanted to. And you can rate and catalogue your music as you wish. You can make several lists. MH reviewers could place their 'best of month/year' lists on there, it could work. I think uploading album cover art works similar to how last.fm works/used to work. It's very dependant on the community while last.fm just kinda ditched their community.

What the... I am shamelessly promoting RYM without having signed up myself yet. :blink:

brb, signing up ^_^

I'm thinking of switching to RateYourMusic.

I think you guys who were always disgruntled by the multiple artists who share the same name could consider it too, because they actually have seperate pages on there! Plus there's tons of visual kei releases on there already. You can add the missing ones if you wanted to. And you can rate and catalogue your music as you wish. You can make several lists. MH reviewers could place their 'best of month/year' lists on there, it could work. I think uploading album cover art works similar to how last.fm works/used to work. It's very dependant on the community while last.fm just kinda ditched their community.

What the... I am shamelessly promoting RYM without having signed up myself yet. :blink:

brb, signing up ^_^

RYM is great I use it daily, but I can't really rate nuffin myself because I find it impossible to agree with a consistent ratings scale lolol. I was actually thinking the same thing though, even if it isn't actually a replacement for last.fm. 

Also it has a very poor amount of visual kei ther, but not like that couldn't be fixed by a few of zealous community members...

The only way to scrobble for me now is from Spotify. Can't use the Last.fm client and my mobile scrobbler won't connect to my profile anymore either. Rest in peace, Last.fm.

Literally the opposite for me. Spotify doesn't scrobble anymore; only my desktop iTunes does. I'm not a huge fan of Spotify (especially its generally awful tags), but it's still a pretty convenient way of checking out a new material without having to either buy it blind or pirate it. It's frustrating that it isn't scrobbling for me atm.

I'm genuinely surprised that there isn't a good alternative to last.fm out there. Unless they have some sort of patent on scrobbling or something, it seems like now would be a pretty good time to start one up.