Sign in to follow this  
Aion

The Walking Dead

AMCTrailer.jpg

Plot

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive

The-Walking-Dead-Cast-Photo-15-7-10-kc.jpg

Cast

Main cast

• [*:33jw7wxe]Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
    [*:33jw7wxe]Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
    [*:33jw7wxe]Jon Bernthal as Shane
    [*:33jw7wxe]Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale
    [*:33jw7wxe]Laurie Holden as Andrea
    [*:33jw7wxe]Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
    [*:33jw7wxe]Steven Yeun as Glenn

Supporting cast

• [*:33jw7wxe]Emma Bell as Amy
    [*:33jw7wxe]Jim Coleman as Lambert "Lam" Kendel
    [*:33jw7wxe]Linds Edwards as Leon Basset
    [*:33jw7wxe]Keith Allen Hayes as Tyreese
    [*:33jw7wxe]Lennie James as Morgan Jones
    [*:33jw7wxe]Melissa McBride as Carol
    [*:33jw7wxe]Adam Minarovich as Ed
    [*:33jw7wxe]Juan Pareja as Morales
    [*:33jw7wxe]Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
    [*:33jw7wxe]Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon
    [*:33jw7wxe]Andrew Rothenberg as Jim
    [*:33jw7wxe]Jeryl Prescott Sales as Jacqui
    [*:33jw7wxe]Iron E. Singleton as T-Dog
    [*:33jw7wxe]Adrian Kali Turner as Duane Jones

Official site: http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Trailer

yg46DWI_fCE

Behind the scenes

a_hya6lddsI

Season 1 consists of 6 episodes, season 2 is already announced :)

According to Empire via Fangoria, “The Walking Dead,?? has been officially renewed for a second season and filming is set to start in February of next year. The first season which is scheduled to begin on October 31st (yep, Halloween), is only 6 episodes but the second will be a full 13. The show might take a cue from volume 2 of the comic book and move the setting of the story out of the blazing heat and into a different season.

Niw, anyone seen it yet? Just watched episode 1, really awesome :)

I found it to be a little disappointing. But hey, so was the start of the comics as well, and it took 10-15 issues before it really started getting good. But hopefully it will become better. The main role guy seemed to be rather uncomfortable. The dialog wasn't all that interesting and so on. But yeah. Hopefully it'll get better.

And the comics was way better on EVERYTHING. They really should have done more in the line of the comics on some places, because the way they did a few things got a little too lame.

It was good. A little over-hyped but good. There were some "really?" moments but other than that I think it was pretty well done and I look forward to more episodes. I haven't read the comics to compare but I should and will get to that.

I would recommend everyone to read the comics before watching the TV-series. As long as you can hold out for 10-15 issues with mediocre, standard zombie-stuff. After that it gets really interesting.

And the TV-series as well. Don't why it gets that much attention. Fact is that there is nothing you haven't seen before, unless it is the first/second time you watch a zombie movie/TV-series. Just your regular stuff that's been done a billion times before, tbh.

SPOILER!!!!!!!! for the comics/TV-series

And the part with the tank was just really silly and retarded. Ruined so much of the fun! The original was so much better in every single way.

Well I just like zombie stuff

Lef 4 dead and dead rising are awseome games and lots of zombiefilms are just great

And mono, do you actually have anything in life you enjoy? All I see you do is bitch and complain at others when they like something :)

I assume you don't know how to read?

I have not said it was bad, I just said it was disappointing. That's two completely different things, you know. Yes? No?

And do I have anything in my life I enjoy? Well, other than the fact that I in this god damn thread have written that I really like the comics? Like, really, really? Yes, a lot other than that. And if you haven't seen me do anything other than complain, then blame yourself for not reading my posts.

I honestly think I have more in my life that I enjoy than what you have got. No offense, but srsly.

There we go again with personal insults. It was just a general assumption since 90% of the time you complain and bitch about things. "their older work is better" "this sucks" etc. I only know you like diru (for heaven knows why) and you like this comic

Ah well sorry I had that idea, but at least I'm not pessimistic about everything. I'm just going to enjoy this and I never will read the comics.

Personal insult? It was a simple question based on what you wrote. I'm positive to almost everything. I have 280 gb of music on my computer, 200gb of them is something that I either LOVE or enjoy a lot. Then I have another disk lying in my drawer(?) here that doesn't fit in the computer, with another 100gb of music that I love or enjoy.

I have 136gb of TV-series and movies that I really enjoy or like really well. I'd have more but I do not have enough space to keep everything on my computer. So after a while I delete everything I've watched so check out new stuff. Sucks, but that's life.

Their older work is best? Lulz! Really? Check out -Oz- threads, Exist Trace thread or whatever, and you'll see what I tend to mean a lot. Just lulz at comments like that.

And you only know I like Dir en grey? They're not even no my top-5 VK/jrock band list. Probably not among my 10 favourite VK/jrock bands either, so you can't have read too many of my posts on this forum. So I do like enough. But just because I don't love everything that's japanese or includes zombies doesn't mean I don't like anything. Jeez!

Then don't read the comics. It's obviously your loss, and I'll still get to sleep at night. I will also be able to enjoy both the TV-series and the comcis. Win-win situation for me. ^_^

But let's go back to topic. I am obviously extremely interesting and all that, but send me a few PMs if there is anything.

On topic: I wonder if they will be able to create a really dark and real post-apocalyptic feeling that doesn't seem overdone, or "fake" in that way that it doesn't seem dark, bleak and just fucked up. Not the easiest thing to do, but I hope they'll pull it off.

Sorry dude, that I don't read every single post on this forum...Niw, apologies I mis-concluded myself about you. You just happened to be one of the persons that always catches my eyes when I read some threads, and most of the times it's pessimistic about the subject. Just like others are always optimistic about any given VK-band, or always are requesting and never sharing etc...

And yay @ your e-penis...

Niw, the reason why I won't read the comic is because it's not available here in the Netherlands (or at least near me for a reasonable price), and there's no way in hell I'm going to read a comic (or a manga for that matter) on my PC... yay for fucked op eyes after reading an hour...

They don't sell it here either. Sad, but very true. I know a few shops about an hour and a half away from here, but it's way too expensive. The last time I was there I already knew how expensive it was, yet I got shock about how expensive it is. But I'll buy online soon enough, just gotta read about the customs so that it doesn't get super expensive. I also want it in english. If they sold it in the regular stores around here it would have been tralslated to my mother tongue, which is uninteresting since it always fits way better with english.

And I'm lucky enough not to get fucked up eyes. Used to when I was younger, but it has changed with the years. Was reading The Walking Dead and Wastelands for about 5 hour tonight. Love it!

Back to things about the TV-series and the comics:

Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale and Laurie Holden as Andrea looks almost EXACTLY like in the comics. The others we see on the pic doesn't look too much alike though, but it's not worse than that you can recognize 'em.

The two black people also looked much the same. Nice!

Oh, and one thing. It's nice to see a TV-series that's not afraid of using some violence and zombie-gore. THAT is a huge uplift. Never expected them to drag it this far. It can become extremely itneresting just because of that. Hah!

Now that the fireworks have died down. Yes, like Aion I enjoy zombie related things, so I got interested in it and all the hype surrounding it easily. While like I said there were some "really?" moments, I will agree with mono that I did enjoy the fact that they didn't tone down the gore. From the first scene, shooting the little girl grabbing onto her teddy right in the head (granted it was a zombie girl), you knew they weren't going to skimp on that. And I'm grateful for that since the gore is not for nothing or shock factor but it makes the viewer understand that the stakes are really high and I think that was especially evident when Rick meets Morgan and his Son and they were ready to kill the shit out of him.

Just watched ep2, pretty cool again... little over the top, but still :)

And let me guess, that redneck dude is going to be back later in the series :)

They are going to try to rescue him, I think.

Been wanting to check this out. I will go look for links to see season 1 before i start watching season 2. Since you guys seem to like it, it must be interesting.

I downloaded the first episode and I thought it was quite awesome, especially for a TV show. I'm anxious to see the second episode now ^^;

Anyone else watch episode 2 yet?

Another good episode me thinks, I expect it to get much better though when they finally get back to the base camp and Rick, Shane, Lori and their Son meet again. I'm probably a sicko since I enjoyed the zombie hacking and smearing to hide the "Living Smell" but I have to admit I'm not sure how much I buy their method of evading the zombies but I won't ask too many questions, it was good T.V..

As an aside, I lol'd at the group that was sent to atlanta in relation to those that got to stay at the base camp. I kept feeling like they should've had the team name "every character you expect to die early in one of these things".

Not to be a bitch, but you should write "SPOILER" unless people haven't read the comics or seen the episodes yet, but read this thread to look at the feedback.

Though, I've seen a lot of reviews complaining about this episode. Only one positive review before I got here. People are complaining about the actors, bad production (the filming is supossed to look extremely amatourish), as well as the dialog being really bad at times, which was something I noticed already in the first episode. But I am sure all that will get way better with time. It just has to. The whole concept is pretty damn good, especially later in the series. So it has to get better or they'll ruin all the fun.

Will watch every second now myself, and then I'll judge it. Hopefully I'll get a positive surprise.

Mah bad, I wasn't aware that I actually spoiled anything but if it makes you feel better from now on I'll keep my thoughts on the episodes to "I like it.", "I didn't like it" :lol:

They are going to try to rescue him, I think.

I missed these posts but my guess is our friend may be missing something when/if we see him again, 2 little things happened that I don't think were put in the story for nothing.

It's not a problem for me. I've read the comics so I know what's happening and all that. I was thinking about others that have not seen the episodes or read the comics.

No need to become a crybaby because of this, btw. That's just lame. And it was just a suggestion. Do whatever makes you happy, lulz.

Just watched the new episode. I must say, I'm extremely disappointed. I expected this to be mediocre at worst, since the first episode was around mediokre. But this was just plain weak. They really have to do better than this, cuz this is far from anything worth using any time on.

I will keep watching of course, but I can only handle so much crap before I lose interest. So they better try making something decent at least.

Anyone seen the new episode yet? I hear a lot of positive talk about it from everyone. Even people who disliked the two first episodes. Sounds promising.

Sign in to follow this