Sign in to follow this  
Aion

The Walking Dead

This whole new epidemic thats suddenly surfacing is scary as fuck tbh.

there's so much happening with so many of the characters at once tho, its kind of hard to keep track.

I really like where it's going (maybe I'll be the unpopular opinion)

Im excited to see what happens next

been a while but finally an episode I enjoyed watching. Without doubt the best so far this episode...

I just happened to watch last week's episode and it was tons of lulz. None of that happened in the comic. It all reeks of "we need to kill off some of the characters because we're completely incapable of any type of decent character development".

lol at people still thinking that the comic is relevant at all when it comes to the show XD It's been like that from the start of season one, almost nothing happens the same way.

This last episode was pretty good, absolutely loved Scott Wilson's (Hershel) performance, It really hit me in a good way. This was definitely the episode for his acting to shine. Also the little father son moment that rick and Carl had when they were mowing down walkers with AR's... I couldn't help but to smile at that moment. I think Rick is starting to realize that Carl isn't a kid anymore and that he can seriously help out in the group in as major way than just "babysitting" and that his kid is a serious bad ass xD

This last episode was pretty good, I thought the change of perspectives was a good decision. The prison is starting to get old too, and it looks like the next episode will be following the same and continuing along the governor's storyline. I actually have a new found likeness of the governor as a character since this new episode aired, it's nice to see he is human and killing his own people in cold blood actually had an effect on him, both mentally and physically.

Oh and double post... why is this thread so dead? somebody talk nao!

Okay, pretty good mid-season finale. Finally a new location but too bad it won't be here untill February

Didn't expect Hershell to die actually, or at least not really that cruel.

Liked how Lilly killed the Governor though xD and I guess both she and her sister are joing Rick and the likes. I wonder if and how all those people are getting back together...

You now got

Rick & Carl

Maggie, Sasha and Bob

Daryl and Beth

Michonne

Tyreese and the kids

Glenn and other survivors

6 teams, all mixed up...

Kinda hope some teams are getting back together, like the Daryl&Beth meeting up with Tyreese&Kids, and Michonne meeting up with Rick&Carl

At least don't want to see Beth, Maggie and Glenn together in the next episode...

lol at people still thinking that the comic is relevant at all when it comes to the show XD It's been like that from the start of season one, almost nothing happens the same way.

This last episode was pretty good, absolutely loved Scott Wilson's (Hershel) performance, It really hit me in a good way. This was definitely the episode for his acting to shine. Also the little father son moment that rick and Carl had when they were mowing down walkers with AR's... I couldn't help but to smile at that moment. I think Rick is starting to realize that Carl isn't a kid anymore and that he can seriously help out in the group in as major way than just "babysitting" and that his kid is a serious bad ass xD

iSbumcekrg7cu.gif

Also, DAE think that this mid-season finale should have been Season 3's finale?

Also, DAE think that this mid-season finale should have been Season 3's finale?

yep, definitely... S3 finaly was a major letdown... All that happened now in these episodes could've been done in a few eps less, and then end with such a finale would have been WAY better..

I'm so excited for next season. The Beth story line has me especially intrigued. 

Speculation below:

So, does it seem like Bob, Rick, and the gang are gonna do fast talking and get Jareth to turn on the rest of the Terminus group so they can escape?

Beth looks like she's in a hospital and wearing scrubs. I'm assuming Daryl is going to find her again, though because he's still shown as off and alone when everyone else meets up with the Terminus group.... I also get this gut feeling the show is showing us these clips with all the main people together and things looking fairly positive (as far as TWD can really be anyway) just to make things really hurt when they kill a main character. Probably really early in the season. I don't know why I feel like it's gonna happen but too much security. I don't think they'll want to let the audience get too comfortable. What do you guys think???

I miss Shane : (

I saw a death scene from the second half of season 5 and it's the first time I felt really uneasy from watching The Walking Dead DX

I miss a lot of characters... Just saying.

I'm intrigued about how the season 5 finale is going to play out. Especially since its a longer episode (although I can't remember if other finales were an hour and a half).

Lol.

Well, it seems like most people I know don't like Shane and most definitely don"t miss him. So.

If I remember, no they were all just an hour.

Started season 5 again and ahhhhhh soooo gooood!

edit 4:33AM

Dangit I just finished it all. And it gets sooo good! Maybe it's because its been a while since I've watched The Walking Dead, but this second half of the season felt really strong.

I love how it developed certain characters more, the new story line and where it ends, and Carol. I won't spoil anything but I think it's just fun to watch her.

I canNOT wait for the next season.

Spoilers incoming! you've been warned!

Spoiler

Probably one of the best season premiers for this show, and my god Negan is one of the best characters in tv, in no small part due to the excellent casting of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Like seriously good job Kirkman and crew for that decision :D The episode itself was so well executed I thought, and perfectly introduced Negan and got the point across that he is not to be fucked with. They went with a very brutal direction and really drove home that the group is powerless against this evil individual and that it is hopeless to resist.

and then there was one of the most brutal and just sickening moments in tv history (imo)

tumblr_ofoh1uMuly1sjcg5bo2_r2_250.gif   tumblr_ofopnwlUPO1qetk8mo2_400.gif

This is by far the most brutal scene I've ever seen on TV, jesus It makes me so sick just thinking about this character that I've followed over the years and grown attached to go out like this.

@Original Saku This scene made me shut off the TV tbh, it took some guts for me to go back onto the DVR and watch the whole episode. I'm surprised I didn't cry because he's one of the last season 1 originals and the way he died was just immensely...grotesque especially for such a loved character.

This episode was nuts! Usually I can predict what will happen, but not in this episode. It felt like anything was possible and that made it even more tense.

Negan is so ruthless! Yet, he has a sort of charm. Maybe it's that smile. Definitely on my list of all time baddies. And Dean Morgan plays him so well.  

I can't wait for him to die.

I also feel like nothing can top that in season 7. It was a pretty big scene to start with. But, still excited for what's to come.

I don't even watch The Walking Dead or know anything about it apart from how the game looks, and my little sister decided to show me this scene last night. I know I won't recover from seeing that. Ever. I'm relieved I didn't get to watching this show to grow to love the characters. I was on the verge of tears just being shown this.

holy shit that episode was crazy. I didn't think I'd feel anything for any of the characters for real (you see I'm dead inside), but this one got me. I felt sick afterwards and was very tense for the rest of the episode. The vision is gonna be haunting me for quite a while. I'm glad the creators got balls to do this after the asspull dumbster scenerio last season.

Many are making Negan seem like a true villain here, but honestly this is pretty reasonable after Rick and co slaughtered dozens of Negan's crew without any real reason. From Negan's point of view Rick and co. are a bunch of savages.

1 hour ago, orange~ said:

Many are making Negan seem like a true villain here, but honestly this is pretty reasonable after Rick and co slaughtered dozens of Negan's crew without any real reason. From Negan's point of view Rick and co. are a bunch of savages.

True, but it's the way Negan deals out the punishment that is far more villanous in comparison.  It's torturous and brutal, whereas Rick's group went in with the intent of neutralizing a threat. And you forget! The whole reason for Rick's team trying to kill Negan is because he is a tyrant who uses violence to force people into working and providing for him. At Jesus' camp Rick saw the obtrusive and destructive reach of Negan's rule. So, even without the batting, Negan is technically a villain in that sense.

I agree. The whole episode was psychological torture. (some physical too) He is a villain and a bad man for sure, not denying that.

But if you think about the situation from Negan's point of view. Rick and co. came out of nowhere. They might as well be some barbaric band of raiders and looters killing bunch of Negan's people and raiding their safehouses. There are probably many people among the main characters that would do horrible things to Negan too after witnessing events of the last episode.  In that sense Negan's actions seem somewhat understandable too. (still sick as fuck.)

It's pretty cool gray area, the show is at.

Edited by orange~

Killing a bunch of Negan's men with a rocket launcher is pretty savage, though.

On another note, it may not be today, or tomorrow but I can't wait for Rick to bury that axe in Negan's head. : 3

Sign in to follow this