Bear

The big TV-series discussion thread

Agents of Shield started back up for a few weeks now. I hope I'm not the only person here that's watching the show. So far it's been a blast just as season 2 has been. Actually I don't know if this is a continuation of season 2 or the start of season 3. Maybe someone can correct me on that. At the rate these episodes are going, you can see there's definitely gonna be a crossover with Avengers 2.

Nope. You're not alone. I love AoS. I believe we're just in the second half of season 2. Only a handful of episodes left. I like how AoS is connected with the Avengers movies, just like the last Captain America movie. The season finale lines up perfectly to lead into Age of Ultron's May release date so I'd bet it will. 

Finished Les Revenants last night. God damn good series, and I am really looking forward to season 2. Supernatural, suspenseful drama with elements of horror. Top notch, guys. Check it out (the original, not the remake!).

finished 1st season of Fargo few days ago. it was a brilliant  series by all means. loved the actors play too. and those humorous parts were so perfectly done! somehow it reminds me of early BrB seasons. can't fucking wait for the second season now.

awww i was hoping it would be some past case with Lorne Malvo. too bad, he's my fav character in this show :/

still looking forward to it. nothing could go wrong if it's Fargo, i bet.

Second season will be something completely different, with different actors though.

I agree though. Brilliant!

well, bruce f*in' campbell as ronald reagan, shit is gonna be brilliant :D (also 70s ftw!)

Finished Better Call Saul season 1 yesterday and rewatched Game of Thrones season 1 these last two days.

Better Call Saul's been very good. I really enjoy getting to know my two favourite characters from Breaking Bad, Jimmy/Saul and Mike, a lot better with their back history and such. I really enjoy it, and they just get more and more likeable and awesome with every single episode. I'm really looking forward to next season even though I've heard it might not start where this season ended. But we'll see.

Rewatched Game of Throne season 1 as well, and it's even better now than when I first saw it. Best drama there is. Lots of fantastic actos and even more fantastic characters. The highlights of the season are without no doubt whatsoever Peter Dinklage as Tyrion, Lena Headey as Cersei, Charles Dance as Tywin and Conleth Hill as Varys, backed up by Maisie Williams as Arya, Jack Gleeson as Joffrey and Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger. Every single scene with Tyrion, Cersei, Tywin ad Varys are a pleasure to the eyes and airs. The performances, the dialogue, it's so fucking brilliant.

I would pay a lot for a spin-off with Tyrion, Cersei, Tywin, Varys, and some of the later characters like Olenna, just sitting around a table and talking, and with different guests like Littlefinger and more appearing in every episode. I'd love that because the dialogue for the series are amazing, as are their performance. Top, top notch!

Game of Thrones are a political drama done right, and everyone complaining that there isn't enough action or fantasy should just fuck off back to their mothers womb. Basta!

Started watching the first season of Justified last night. So far I've seen 6 episodes and episode 6 was definitely the best so far. The show's not amazing but still entertaining and good enough and I've heard that it gets even better. Especially looking forward to Season 2. You just gotta love Timothy Olyphant and Walter Goggings, so charismatic actors, both of them!

have to agree with Bear that Better Call Saul was really good. and there are still lots of space to grow! i predict this series to be in my top-5 after 1-2 more seasons.

also (FINALLY!) started to rewatch LOST. damn, i wanted to do this since the first time i watched it(about 5 years ago) but i thought it'd be better to forget the plot to have that very same feeling when i first time watched it. and unfortunately i failed :/ oh well i couldn't wait any longer so fuck it. the first half of season one was much better than i remembered it to be. i wonder if the creators had the whole plot already in their minds or they were just making one mysteries after another and then tried to tie them up? anyway, they did a tremendous job there, for which i'll always be grateful to them.

Game of Thrones, season 2, 3 & 4 - Still fantastic. Simple as that! Never knows who'll live and die, though, and there's a few things that saddens me.

Season 4 spoiler:

The Hound, Joffery and Tywin for most part. Sad! :(

Finally ready for the new season. I expect big things, and I am very much looking forward to the continuation of some of the character. I have a few special ones in mind. Gonna be good!

Just watched the first two episodes of Daredevil and I must admit I'm impressed. Everything looks good so far, but the fight choreography is outstanding and I fel sure as fuck they're mad inspired by The Raid: Redemption and Berandal. It oozes The Raid a long way, and that's cool as fuck and more than enough to keep me watching. Looking forward to continue tomorrow.

Just watched the first two episodes of Daredevil and I must admit I'm impressed. Everything looks good so far, but the fight choreography is outstanding and I fel sure as fuck they're mad inspired by The Raid: Redemption and Berandal. It oozes The Raid a long way, and that's cool as fuck and more than enough to keep me watching. Looking forward to continue tomorrow.

I just watched the first 2 eps last night as well, it's definitely interesting. I like how they are keeping it tied in with the Avengers' timeline and wonder if it will introduce/coincide with more plots from the movies like Agents of Shield does. All the more reason to watch, for me.

also watched 5 episodes of Daredevil, as well. the only good thing about this show is fights. everything else is utterly boring, way too much clichés. imo, everything from marvel has lack of originality. it's just not my cup of tea.

I just watched the first 2 eps last night as well, it's definitely interesting. I like how they are keeping it tied in with the Avengers' timeline and wonder if it will introduce/coincide with more plots from the movies like Agents of Shield does. All the more reason to watch, for me.

I'm not sure, but there will be TV-series made for Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage as well, and these three, including Daredevil, will get a The Defenders TV-series later on. So we've got a lot to look forward to for sure.

I watched the whole season of Daredevil the next day it came to Netflix and all I can say is whoaaah. I am honestly, completely agreeing with Bear about the fight choreography's amazingness. I can totally connect The Raid to it as well. The show was amazing!

I can watch superhero movies/shows, but it they don't stand out for me that well. Daredevil did, definitely. Another show I really, really liked was Agent Carter. I'd say it's one of my favourites right now. I can't wait for the next season!

Another show I have started watching is Banshee, recommended by my coworker. Something about the main character (Wood) annoys me, but he's so beautiful I can forget that part. XD The show has made me facepalm a couple of times, but seriously; what doesn't? (I am one of those who are really into the show and the possible embarrassements)

I'm not sure, but there will be TV-series made for Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage as well, and these three, including Daredevil, will get a The Defenders TV-series later on. So we've got a lot to look forward to for sure.

Oh this is exciting. I am only familiar with Luke Cage (ironically enough I was never into super heroes when I actually collected comics but the movies and shows I love) but I'm be eager to check them all out in the future! Nice to know there's a lot coming down the pipe.

I watched the whole season of Daredevil the next day it came to Netflix and all I can say is whoaaah. I am honestly, completely agreeing with Bear about the fight choreography's amazingness. I can totally connect The Raid to it as well. The show was amazing!

I can watch superhero movies/shows, but it they don't stand out for me that well. Daredevil did, definitely. Another show I really, really liked was Agent Carter. I'd say it's one of my favourites right now. I can't wait for the next season!

Another show I have started watching is Banshee, recommended by my coworker. Something about the main character (Wood) annoys me, but he's so beautiful I can forget that part. XD The show has made me facepalm a couple of times, but seriously; what doesn't? (I am one of those who are really into the show and the possible embarrassements)

Agent Carter was great. I hope we get more based on her character. Even if it's another mini series at some point. Also good to know the rest of Daredevil is worth watching. I'm just trying to make time for everything so it's a couple eps here~ a few more there~. I'm already like 3 eps behind on Vikings (so many spoilers =__=; ) but I got ahead on the Game of Thrones leaks so... Haven't heard of Banshee. I'll look into that one.

Looking forward to get started on both Agent Carter and Banshee. Agent Carter will probably be next up after Daredevil.

Isn't Banshee also pretty violent with brilliantly choreographed fights? I know a lot of people talk about these two series as the most badass TV-series out there as far as violence goes, and I am a proper sucker for violence.

Looking forward to get started on both Agent Carter and Banshee. Agent Carter will probably be next up after Daredevil.

Isn't Banshee also pretty violent with brilliantly choreographed fights? I know a lot of people talk about these two series as the most badass TV-series out there as far as violence goes, and I am a proper sucker for violence.

It is pretty violent. I had no idea about this, so it caught me by suprise to see heads suddenly getting punctured. The realistic side of me starts shaking my head because of some Kill Bill gore. Also, the show has nudity in almost every episode, if someone doesn't want to watch shows like that.

Now that ender mentioned Vikings, that's another awesomeness. I love how it is made. Seriously, the photographer inside me weeps from the joy whenever I watch the show.

Oh, should probably mention some other cool show: has anyone watched How to get away with murder? Holy shit! I love it. I would also mention Stalker, but I would have to admit that the only reason to watch it is Maggie Q's hotness. The first episode had lots of potential, but the level turned downwards right after the pilot episode. There was some amazingle and lovingly (yes) creepy episode (I think it was the fourth episode or something), but after that, I didn't feel like watching it again. Might try to catch more episodes some day, but you never know!

Most of the shows I watch are American, but there's one show I would never imagine myself watching; Polseres vermelles, which tells about a group of spanish kids who are admitted to a hospital. I admit that I have watched only couple of episodes, but something in this show fascinates me!

(Woah, I don't even remember the last time I wrote a post this long on MH. <3)

Vikings has a killer DOP. Whoever it is is amazing. 

I've seen lots of good reviews on How to get away with murder, but it looks like a drama? And I don't fair to well with dramas that don't lean more on the suspence/thriller side of the genre. I'm usually attracted to action, horror, sci-fi, or fantasy shows. But there could always be room of an exception. 

Finished Daredevil and I must say I really liked it. Dark and cool with brilliant action scenes. Can't wait for Daredevil season 2, A.K.A. Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and most of all Defenders. This can be cool. Netflix rules.

Orphan Black started again. Watched S03E01 yesterday, and it was a decent start. I've been a bit sceptical to how this show has evolved, so I am interested in seeing if they have a plan for this season.

Also finished Tales From the Crypt, season 2. It has its ups and downs, but 95% of the episodes are ups. It's really cool!

Alright, I don't know who here has seen this week's Agents of Shield episode but holy shit! It got me really hyped for Avengers Age of Ultron.

In a SINGLE camera shot scene, Skye took out an entire squad John Wick style without using her powers. That was incredible! She's now a complete badass surpassing May. I loved the little one liners that Coulson said such as "Oh, spoiler alert." & "Time to bring in the Avengers." Like Ward said, I'm pretty disappointed in Simmons going in a downward spiral, but it's understandably so due to countless betrayals she had to endure.

^ That scene was so badass. I didn't like Sky so much in the beginning but she has become one of my faves. <3 Can't wait for that finale!

Also I'm really upset at some of the shows being cancelled this season. Constantine and Forever? T____T my little occult/supernatural loving heart is aching.

No wonder Constantine got cancelled. A Constantine that isn't smoking just isn't Constantine, and you just can't make Constantine good when aiming toward teens on TV. If you're gonna make something with Constatine, give the guy a sig and let him smoke his brains out, and make it dark and mature.

But especially the smoking is a huge problem for anyone who's read a single page of a Constantine comics. It's just such a huge part of him.

Halfway into Agent Carter, season 1 now. It's not great, but I've been entertained so far. Wish it was a bit grittier, though, and with a bit more graphic violence. Positively surprised by Hayley Atwell, though. Does a great job, and she's just beyond stunning.

No wonder Constantine got cancelled. A Constantine that isn't smoking just isn't Constantine, and you just can't make Constantine good when aiming toward teens on TV. If you're gonna make something with Constatine, give the guy a sig and let him smoke his brains out, and make it dark and mature.

But especially the smoking is a huge problem for anyone who's read a single page of a Constantine comics. It's just such a huge part of him.

He was smoking pretty often by the end of the season. They realized it takes away too many plots for him related to it. Not that it matters now...

He was? Not properly though, or? He thought they weren't allowed to let him smoke?

Anyway, looking forward to this:

ash-vs-evil-dead-header-2.jpg

I'm positive that it's Starz series, because that means they can gore it up, doesn't it? As well as cursing and nudity and all that? I like that. This could be so good if done right.